TM Ticket Exchange versus Stub Hub alert

Just Jack

If you're looking for tickets on the secondary market, or you listed your seats on TM Ticket Exchange, Stub Hub is relisting them for more $$$.  Several people have already reported this happening to their listings they put on Ticket Exchange.   

43 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

If you're looking for tickets on the secondary market, or you listed your seats on TM Ticket Exchange, Stub Hub is relisting them for more $$$.  Several people have already reported this happening to their listings they put on Ticket Exchange.   

Does this mean that StubHub will basically buy your tickets on TM TE simultaneously (with a bot doing it) with selling them on StubHub at a higher price?

3 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Does this mean that StubHub will basically buy your tickets on TM TE simultaneously (with a bot doing it) with selling them on StubHub at a higher price?

I believe so

29 minutes ago, billsherd said:

What is the best way to buy tickets for Miami game? 

Buffalo Bills vs. Miami Dolphins Tickets Orchard Park, NY | Ticketmaster

25 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Thanks. I guess it makes sense. If you price it as desired on TM TE and get your price because StubHub's marketing reach is able to get someone else to buy at an even higher price, so be it. But as a buyer don't look to StubHub first... 

For the seats I put up, if they were purchased through SH, the buyer would have paid over $200 more than going through TM/TE. 

And an update, I and others have reached out to SH, (866) 788-2482, and they contact the person who listed them.  The story is always the same, the seller made a mistake when entering the tickets for sale.  

Edited by Just Jack

8 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

For the seats I put up, if they were purchased through SH, the buyer would have paid over $200 more than going through TM/TE. 

And an update, I and others have reached out to SH, (866) 788-2482, and they contact the person who listed them.  The story is always the same, the seller made a mistake when entering the tickets for sale.  

Does StubHub require private individuals to own the tickets first? 

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

They are supposed to, via the barcode or some other verification, but you can skip that part during the listing process by saying you'll enter it later. 

Stubhub only has one of the tickets (pats) i relisted on there site at the moment. 

i listed my bills vs dolphins tickets on ticketmaster last night thru the season ticket portal and now it states there is error and to relist as barcode is missing but they wont let you relist or cancel the listing so email to help desk it is. 

9 minutes ago, 1stgm1993 said:

i listed my bills vs dolphins tickets on ticketmaster last night thru the season ticket portal and now it states there is error and to relist as barcode is missing but they wont let you relist or cancel the listing so email to help desk it is. 

@billsherd back upthread is asking about Miami tickets, reach out to them and see if they'll take them. 

3 hours ago, SDS said:

They charge you the cost of the ticket listing (or the replacement cost for similar tickets) if you pull out and can't provide them. 

I think the OP is alluding to SH itself listing tickets they don't own through an automated buy sell process. 

4 hours ago, billsherd said:

What is the best way to buy tickets for Miami game? 

wait until a few hours before kickoff.

NEVER BUY TICKETS PRIOR TO 24 HOURS BEFORE KICKOFF.

you will always get in and always get tickets cheaper doing this.

4 hours ago, Just Jack said:

friend of mine was high up on SH executive ladder. he retired and does private ticket brokering to the tune of $30k/mo+

he had said SH had people do this on a dedicated team. they also bought through TM TE to secure backup tickets and held on to 20-30 tickets per game for problems.

anyway - they have likely automated the process.

• Angry 1

8 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

FYI, I'm seeing final prices significantly cheaper on Vividseats than TM or SH right now. 

Wonder if there's a catch?

Maybe.  I'm looking at section 238, club seats.  There's currently 2 seats available in row 4 on Ticket Master at $1500 each.  Stub Hub also lists two in the same row at $1928.  And Vivid Seats has two in that same row at $1715, $2102, and $2283.  The old days of finding a bargain on SH or VS seems to have gone away.  

Edited by Just Jack
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Maybe.  I'm looking at section 238, club seats.  There's currently 2 seats available in row 4 on Ticket Master at $1500 each.  Stub Hub also lists two in the same row at $1928.  And Vivid Seats has two in that same row at $1715, $2102, and $2283.  The old days of finding a bargain on SH or VS seems to have gone away.  

I have good luck with TickPick.  And the prices listed are the prices you pay, which I like.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.