Rand Paul Blocks Aid To Ukraine

5 minutes ago, TSOL said:

You seem to be salivating at the thought of keeping that war going. Maybe Putin and you ain't so different, with your murderous fantasy's. 

You seem to be good with paying for weapons that are gonna be killing a whole lot of people. As long as you aren't pulling the trigger though, you're good, right? 

Yup, I'm in favor of allowing a nation to defend themselves, guilty as charged. 

You very much seem to want the Ukrainians murdered. Horrible 

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I'm happy you're fine with the current situation where a homicidal maniac and an old guy with a mind a couple cans short of a 6 pack are playing chicken and pointing 1,000s of nuclear warheads at each other while using the people and country of Ukraine as a punching bag.  

20 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I want peace, I want the 40 billion to go towards peace, not destruction. 

Negotiations, talking, maybe a good lunch to sit down and talk things over with. 

Not missiles! And bombs, and killer drones 

Jeez what kind of animal are you to support such a thing 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TSOL said:

I want peace, I want the 40 billion to go towards peace, not destruction. 

Negotiations, talking, maybe a good lunch to sit down and talk things over with. 

Not missiles! And bombs, and killer drones 

Jeez what kind of animal are you to support such a thing 

So just let the murderous Putin win. Great idea...if you are an ####### 

a hole 

Just now, Tiberius said:

So just let the murderous Putin win. Great idea...if you are an ####### 

You can't deny my point, I know you see my reasoning no matter how much you try to deflect 

Trump had rapport with Putin, Trump would be in contact and maybe even negotiations with Putin. Biden had not even made any attempt at all to negotiate this situation, Biden administration is perpetuating this war and escalating it. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, TSOL said:

You can't deny my point, I know you see my reasoning no matter how much you try to deflect 

Your reasoning is that we just give up and let Putin win. Screw that. 

1 minute ago, TSOL said:

Trump had rapport with Putin, Trump would be in contact and maybe even negotiations with Putin. Biden had not even made any attempt at all to negotiate this situation, Biden administration is perpetuating this war and escalating it. 

HA HA HA!! Trump would be sending Putin weapons if he could 

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Well, we are sending it. You lose 

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Two things can be true. You can support supplying Ukraine and at the same time want proof exactly where all this coin is going.  You don't have to be one or the other. 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I know it's hard for you to understand how real men operate. 

Friends close, enemy's closer biotch

2 minutes ago, TSOL said:

I know it's hard for you to understand how real men operate. 

Friends close, enemy's closer biotch

Real men? Who? You? 

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Two things can be true. You can support supplying Ukraine and at the same time want proof exactly where all this coin is going.  You don't have to be one or the other. 

Emergency situation here, send the money, we already know it's being used to kill Ivan 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Real men? Who? You? 

Emergency situation here, send the money, we already know it's being used to kill Ivan 

Russia is already  getting their asses handed to them anyways , this bill is just a marketplace for the industrial military complex to unload some of last year's hardware. 

But sure get your panties all in a wad over not going another 40 bil in debt there Karen 

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Real men? Who? You? 

So then they should have no problem with the oversight right? If it's all on the up and up(which in wartime it never is) there is no problem.  You ever know anyone who served in iraq or afhganistan and talk about the pallets of cash being delivered and wonder what the hell it's all for?

Good, peace through strength, not MAGA imposed weakness 

Russian Defence Minister Sergei Shoygu and his US counterpart Lloyd Austin have spoken for the first time since 18 February - before Russia invaded Ukraine.

According to a statement issued by the Pentagon, Austin urged an immediate ceasefire in Ukraine and used the call to emphasise the importance of maintaining lines of communication.

On Wednesday, Austin held talks with UK Defence Minister Ben Wallace.

In a statement, Wallace said the two leaders pledged "to continue to work with unity and resolve to provide Ukraine with what it needs to defend itself against Russia’s unprovoked invasion".

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-61404062

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I expected this hand waiving to be about him blocking the aid because Ukraine is not our problem, but even the CNN article said 

it’s very time consuming to make sure someone is accountable for the spending? 

WTF is wrong with these people? Why isn’t that a hard requirement of any new spending bill???? 

There was a way to have a vote on that specific change without slowing it down, he chose to slow it down.

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

There was a way to have a vote on that specific change without slowing it down, he chose to slow it down.

No.

Schumer and McConnell were not having "another way"

Sen. Paul did what he could to bring the flaws of this bill to the taxpayers attention

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

No.

Sen. Paul did what he could to bring the flaws of this bill to the taxpayers attention

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2022/05/13/rand-paul-ukraine-aid-mcconnell-russia/9762529002/

They were willing to let senators vote separately on Paul's proposed amendment, which would have needed 60 votes to pass, rather than add it directly into the aid package before senators vote to approve it.

That wasn't good enough for Paul.

We’re honestly having a debate about whether it makes fiscal sense to borrow $40 BILLION from China to fight a proxy war in Ukraine? Can’t someone just call up China and ask THEM to buy the missiles? It’d save the mark up and interest payments. Unbelievable stupidity!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

We’re honestly having a debate about whether it makes fiscal sense to borrow $40 BILLION from China to fight a proxy war in Ukraine? Can’t someone just call up China and ask THEM to buy the missiles? It’d save the mark up and interest payments. Unbelievable stupidity!

Opposing war is unpatriotic.  This message brought to you by the defense industry.

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

No.

Schummer and McConnell put on a good show of pretending there's some discourse or difference between the leadership of the two parties but their unwavering duty to any and all wars and massive spending reveals they all answer to the same powers.

As I see more and more of these senseless wars over my lifetime I've come around to the conclusion that just because the leaders of my country have a gripe with the leaders of some other country doesn't mean me and people like me in these other countries need to kill each other.  I've got no gripe with anybody.  I expect they feel the same.  How about this.  Maybe let the leaders kill each other and leave the rest of us out of it?  And save the $40 billion!   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1