Bills have signed entire rookie class

YoloinOhio

40 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Well damn. BBB showing the league how it's done

Well, since all rookie contracts are pretty much set, there's not much to negotiate...Here's your contract...sign it

• Eyeroll 1

18 minutes ago, wjag said:

A couple of reactions:

1.  The CBA makes this a bit of a cookie cutter process

2. Our early picks were late round picks making their holdouts less likely

3. Bills don't draft divas

4. These guys probably know they are potentially playing in a SB early in their career

5. Reputation of organization, team mates and fans

But yeah I agree.  I don't think I can remember a team having their entire team sign two weeks after the draft.

Wow articles are really spot on when they talk about how the Bills tend to work in stealth mode more than most teams i.e. the Von Miller deal

I actually was going to post a comment today that I was bit worried about Elam signing as he doesn't have an agent, was using father and uncle.  Sometimes in those situations they may have acted like the diva and think they know more than an agent would since they played the game and would have made things difficult  Or also could have gone very quickly as not as knowledgeable and got taken to the cleaners be Beane. 

I would assume they did use an attorney. 

21 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

So why hasn't every team signed their entire class a couple weeks after the draft since the wage scale started? 

They don't need to. We just decided to get it out of the way early.

23 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

So why hasn't every team signed their entire class a couple weeks after the draft since the wage scale started? 

1) Offsets

2) Bonus payout structure

Few years back think  it was Joey  Bosa was holding out as Chargers had a policy of paying out bonus over 3 years, he wanted all of it up front.

Spanos does not have near the cash resources of TPEGS

31 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I don't know. Are you disagreeing that rookie contracts are pretty much set based on where you're drafted?

1 minute ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I'm disagreeing that it's as simple as here's the contract, sign it as you said. 

Ok, maybe not that simple but there is not much negotiation as far as salary and contract length

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Hey guys we're having a chicken wing party while you're here how about signing these contracts

Those guys at LaNova’s put some extra sauce on them wings. Contracts has signatures and sauce prints on them 😎

52 minutes ago, jamiezzz said:

Awesome!! BBB and staff must have an early tee time.  Go Beaner!

And cracking open tops

My first reaction was wow that was fast. I dont recall the Bills having done that so quickly before. I think it speaks well on how starting from the top all the way to the bottom free agent signee this 2022  team means Business. Not messing around whatsoever mateys. What a ride we are in for!~!~!!!

Bring on the camp battles. GO BILLS!~!~!!!

Not hard these days with them basically bracketed in to a contract value by the rookie wage scale. Mostly just offset language has to be worked out with some other minor details.

Edited by Big Turk

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.