NFL Schedule Makers Gave Bills a Big Advantage

Einstein

9 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Relativity matters.

Who are the frontrunners to represent the AFC this year?

Bills (Week 7), Titans (Week 6), Raiders (Week 6), Chiefs (Week 8),  Chargers (Week 8), Bengals (Week 10).

With the exception of the Bengals, every expected-to-be-good team is within 1 week of the Bills bye week. 

How is that possible?  Unless you think there are only three "expected to be good" teams.

29 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

How is that possible?  Unless you think there are only three "expected to be good" teams.

"Frontrunners to represent the AFC"...

Bills (Week 7), Titans (Week 6), Raiders (Week 6), Chiefs (Week 8),  Chargers (Week 8), Bengals (Week 10).

That's 6 teams.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

that is the sort of thing we used to get whacked with. I remember when Nix was here he actually complained to league one year because we played about 5 times right off a bye. This is what being relevant buys you. 

Agreed. Still not a fan of Nix!

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

"Frontrunners to represent the AFC"...

That's 6 teams.

Fine, you cant have six teams all within one week of your bye even if you exclude the Bengals..

49 minutes ago, Rico said:

Depends on Lamar. I did think he was making nice progress early last year before his season went to hell.

I think even if Lamar is just Lamar though that with their team back around him they win 10. Yes they traded away Hollywood but everywhere except receiver they are loaded

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I think even if Lamar is just Lamar though that with their team back around him they win 10. Yes they traded away Hollywood but everywhere except receiver they are loaded

Could be. Here in Baltimore, most Ravens fans think Bateman > Hollywood, no one was too upset to see him leave town.

4 minutes ago, Rico said:

Could be. Here in Baltimore, most Ravens fans think Bateman > Hollywood, no one was too upset to see him leave town.

Yea. They lose something in Hollywood the speed element but his hands were questionable and he took plays off.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Yea. They lose something in Hollywood the speed element but his hands were questionable and he took plays off.

Anti-clutch. Some of his drops last year were at the worst possible times. Maybe he’s better with the Cardinals… Greg Roman is still Public Enemy #1 here.

Mike North and Charlotte Carey were on GMF this morning (Kay Adams last day) and spoke about the schedule. North thought the Bills-Chiefs game will be the most watched of the season. Opener discussion starts at 2:35 and Bills-Chiefs at 4:00.

https://sports.yahoo.com/mike-north-charlotte-carey-shares-124907315.html

29 minutes ago, Marv Levy said:

Hey NFL, do you think KC can play IN Buffalo? Jesus, every year its at Arrowhead. Give me a break!

KC won't play in Buffalo in the regular season until 2026 I believe. 

They fact we have played there during the regular season 3 years straight was all based on the schedule.  

I know it was broken down on one of the wgr shows on how it happened this way but it was because of the way each team finished and which conference played who each year. 

18 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

They fact we have played there during the regular season 3 years straight was all based on the schedule.  

I know it was broken down on one of the wgr shows on how it happened this way but it was because of the way each team finished and which conference played who each year. 

Thanks for that Wiz. Just seems unfair in my opinion. But whatever, just win and GO BILLS!!

36 minutes ago, Rico said:

The Cardinals are fools.  Trading a first round pick for a middling speed receiver with questionable hands....I can't wait until they pay Kyler Murray $40+ million per year and cement a decade of mediocrity. 

• Agree 1

58 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Fine, you cant have six teams all within one week of your bye even if you exclude the Bengals..

I’m not sure if you’re genuinely not understanding or if you’re just trying to start a fight. But if it’s the latter, I don’t engage in fights. I walk away.

One last time. There are about 6 teams that most people think are the front runners to win the AFC this year. All but 1 of those 6 (the Bengals) have a bye week that is within 1 week of the Bills bye week. Aka, it’s fair.

4 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Did they miss quote that?  

Did they mean the Pats?  

Oh, wait, what was that you say?

Humpty Dumpty fell and none of the king’s horses 🐎 are around?

Its nice to be on top!  

Pats are actually dead last at -10

45 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Not quite true. They are not GUARANTEED to play in Buffalo until 2026. But they could in 2024 and 2025. Indeed we could get three years straight of home games v KC as they will have now with us (2021, 2022, 2023) and as Tennessee just had with us (2019, 2020, 2021). 

The Bills are in KC in 2022 because of position in division and because this is year 2 of the AFCW having home advantage in those games (it goes in two year cycles).

They are in KC in 2023 because ACFE plays ACFW intra-conference and the last time that happened (2020) Bills had home field. 

Then in 2024 and 2025 whoever finished 2023 and 2024 in the same spot as the AFCW that the Bills finish in the AFCE (so likely 1st) will visit Buffalo. 

Then in 2026 KC are guaranteed to play in Buffalo in the intra-conference match ups again. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Not quite true. They are not GUARANTEED to play in Buffalo until 2026. But they could in 2024 and 2025. Indeed we could get three years straight of home games v KC as they will have now with us (2021, 2022, 2023) and as Tennessee just had with us (2019, 2020, 2021). 

The Bills are in KC in 2022 because of position in division and because this is year 2 of the AFCW having home advantage in those games (it goes in two year cycles).

They are in KC in 2023 because ACFE plays ACFW intra-conference and the last time that happened (2020) Bills had home field. 

Then in 2024 and 2025 whoever finished 2023 and 2024 in the same spot as the AFCW that the Bills finish in the AFCE (so likely 1st) will visit Buffalo. 

Then in 2026 KC are guaranteed to play in Buffalo in the intra-conference match ups again. 

Are you saying we play in KC next season too?  So at least 4 straight years?  Has that ever happened before?  There should be checks in place for this so that it doesnt happen.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Are you saying we play in KC next season too?  So at least 4 straight years?  Has that ever happened before?  There should be checks in place for this so that it doesnt happen.  

Yes we play there next season but no, not four straight years - three straight years. We only played in KC in 2020 in the playoffs. The regular season game was at home.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.