NFL Schedule Makers Gave Bills a Big Advantage

Einstein

Anyone else getting a little nervous about setting the bar "too high"?  I see on social media a trend toward other NFL fans really starting to hate the Bills.  I want us to at least win something, before we reach that status.

11 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Well we need to get that #1 seed then....problem solved.

The #1 seed is critical IMO. If we got it last year we might be sitting here as fans of the World Champions. Get the #1 seed. Make the road come though Buffalo and get that bye. Wilson, Watson, Herbert, Burrow, even Mahomes.... make them have to come here in January and out-duel Allen in front of the Mafia where he and McDermott are 3-0 in the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

I read that the Jags play a team coming off of their bye 4 weeks straight.  If that was our schedule, we would be livid.

I could only find these three times their opponent had a longer rest...

Week 3 - Chargers played on Thursday Week 2

Week 6 - Colts played on Thursday of Week 5

Week 13 - Lions played on Thursday (Thanksgiving) of Week 12

34 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

14 straight weeks of games through the Conference Championship after our Bye week is NOT an advantage in any sense.

We'll have a bye week on Week 19

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I just read the Chiefs play 8 straight to start the season against teams who had a winning record last year, plus 3 straight December road games 😬

Are the football Gods aligning things up for us finally 🤞 

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Probably worth noting, their only short week is @ Detroit. If I picked one team on the schedule to have 4 days prep for it is Detroit. 

I have read some comments on how the front end of the schedule is brutal. If the Bills are who we think they are it won't be a big deal.

I have a gut feeling that Tennessee and Baltimore take a step back this year. I also thought the Rams were a good team but mostly hype last year. The last time I watched the Bills play football they were the best Buffalo team I have seen in my adult life. I am not afraid of the schedule one bit. 

The Josh Allen Revenge Tour starts September 8!

Why do you think Baltimore takes a step back? I agree Tenn will. 

1 hour ago, BigAl2526 said:

Right off the bat they're spending a bunch of that rest capital.  They go from a Thursday night opener to a Monday night home opener.  Almost a third of their rest advantage gone by the second weekend.

If that equates to 2 wins. I’ll take it.

Don't particularly like the early season schedule though of at LA, Balt, KC and Miami when still very warm.   But after that things get much easier.  Overall looks good though WRT rest.

I do wonder about this below.  States last year the Bills faced the easiest schedule, is that determined at seasons end based on records, or was that stated last year at this same time?  Where as now we have the 22nd toughest schedule based purely on projections?

The Bills will face the 17th toughest schedule in 2022.

Last year, the Bills played the easiest schedule in the NFL, according to many metrics, including the Sharp Football analytics.

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Probably worth noting, their only short week is @ Detroit. If I picked one team on the schedule to have 4 days prep for it is Detroit. 

I have read some comments on how the front end of the schedule is brutal. If the Bills are who we think they are it won't be a big deal.

I have a gut feeling that Tennessee and Baltimore take a step back this year. I also thought the Rams were a good team but mostly hype last year. The last time I watched the Bills play football they were the best Buffalo team I have seen in my adult life. I am not afraid of the schedule one bit. 

The Josh Allen Revenge Tour starts September 8!

I don't see a Baltimore step back. They eneded up 8-9 last year despite losing both tackles, both corners and both running backs. They win at least 10 IMO. I actually think they will win their division.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The #1 seed is critical IMO. If we got it last year we might be sitting here as fans of the World Champions. Get the #1 seed. Make the road come though Buffalo and get that bye. Wilson, Watson, Herbert, Burrow, even Mahomes.... make them have to come here in January and out-duel Allen in front of the Mafia where he and McDermott are 3-0 in the playoffs. 

I said this last year, and will say it again this year.  The #1 seed is the goal, and should aways be the goal. 

They cannot lose games like last years Jax game and expect to end up as the #1 seed. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

14 straight weeks of games through the Conference Championship after our Bye week is NOT an advantage in any sense.

Relativity matters.

Who are the frontrunners to represent the AFC this year?

Bills (Week 7), Titans (Week 6), Raiders (Week 6), Chiefs (Week 8),  Chargers (Week 8), Bengals (Week 10).

With the exception of the Bengals, every expected-to-be-good team is within 1 week of the Bills bye week. 

2 hours ago, MPL said:

First, the league amends the overtime rules and now they give the Bills a 13-day rest differential? It's almost like even the league wants the Bills to win the Super Bowl. What a time to be alive. 

I'll see it to believe it,  but if there ever was a year where we win it all despite the NFL, this is it.

37 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't see a Baltimore step back. They eneded up 8-9 last year despite losing both tackles, both corners and both running backs. They win at least 10 IMO. I actually think they will win their division.

Depends on Lamar. I did think he was making nice progress early last year before his season went to hell.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.