NFL Schedule Makers Gave Bills a Big Advantage

Einstein

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

The 2022 NFL schedule has some good news for the Bills.

Buffalo has a +13-day net rest differential on its 2022 schedule, according to Seth Walder of ESPN. That’s the most favorable rest differential in the NFL.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/05/13/nfl-schedule-makers-gave-bills-a-key-advantage/

Did they miss quote that?  

Did they mean the Pats?  

Oh, wait, what was that you say?

Humpty Dumpty fell and none of the king’s horses 🐎 are around?

Its nice to be on top!  

• Like (+1) 5

First, the league amends the overtime rules and now they give the Bills a 13-day rest differential? It's almost like even the league wants the Bills to win the Super Bowl. What a time to be alive. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

13 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Based mostly on two instances...

1) Week 1 opener on Thursday, giving Rams and Bills a 3 day head start on the rest of the league.

2) Doesn't play a team coming off a bye.

Probably worth noting, their only short week is @ Detroit. If I picked one team on the schedule to have 4 days prep for it is Detroit. 

I have read some comments on how the front end of the schedule is brutal. If the Bills are who we think they are it won't be a big deal.

I have a gut feeling that Tennessee and Baltimore take a step back this year. I also thought the Rams were a good team but mostly hype last year. The last time I watched the Bills play football they were the best Buffalo team I have seen in my adult life. I am not afraid of the schedule one bit. 

The Josh Allen Revenge Tour starts September 8!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, MPL said:

First, the league amends the overtime rules and now they give the Bills a 13-day rest differential? It's almost like even the league wants the Bills to win the Super Bowl. What a time to be alive. 

Looks like they are the chosen team. Wouldn’t surprise me at all to hear Collinsworth and Romo kissing serious Bills butt this year.

28 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Did they miss quote that?  

Did they mean the Pats?  

Oh, wait, what was that you say?

Humpty Dumpty fell and none of the king’s horses 🐎 are around?

Its nice to be on top!  

No.  But the Cheaters receive a 2023 compensatory draft pick...

• Haha (+1) 5

I read that the Jags play a team coming off of their bye 4 weeks straight.  If that was our schedule, we would be livid.

Edit:  This isn’t true…

I got this information from CBS Sports early this morning, but the article has now been edited to remove error.  My apologies. 

Edited by Forward Progress
  • Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, MPL said:

It's called the new stadium treatment. 😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

25 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

that is the sort of thing we used to get whacked with. I remember when Nix was here he actually complained to league one year because we played about 5 times right off a bye. This is what being relevant buys you. 

Relevant, and needing to sell expensive PSLs for a new stadium. Am I saying the NFL does little things to help out its owners? I'm not not saying that.

4 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

Right off the bat they're spending a bunch of that rest capital.  They go from a Thursday night opener to a Monday night home opener.  Almost a third of their rest advantage gone by the second weekend.

Its a good time for a long break as there will be some things that still need to be installed in the O and D late preseason, and really still learning the playbook in depth.  So, I am not concerned about using that time up there.

On another topic, good schedule for the Bills.  Not so much for the fans in the stands with 5 cold month games, only three in warm months.  Once again, the league shows no comprehension that a home game in Oct is better than in Dec or January in Buffalo.  this is one reason I dropped my seasons.

5 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Its a good time for a long break as there will be some things that still need to be installed in the O and D late preseason, and really still learning the playbook in depth.  So, I am not concerned about using that time up there.

On another topic, good schedule for the Bills.  Not so much for the fans in the stands with 5 cold month games, only three in warm months.  Once again, the league shows no comprehension that a home game in Oct is better than in Dec or January in Buffalo.  this is one reason I dropped my seasons.

THe league cares more about profits.

There is probably some analyst saying that bad teams should have early season home games while good teams can push those to the end.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

It might be the Patriots treatment. They gave NE lots of favorable breaks after prime time games when they were top dog

35 minutes ago, MPL said:

The Bills are a very likable franchise these days. I don't know anyone who actually says anything bad about the team or the franchise (outside of AFCE team fans) . And Allen is a very marketable guy. Get him a SB victory and make him the face of the league.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

Right off the bat they're spending a bunch of that rest capital.  They go from a Thursday night opener to a Monday night home opener.  Almost a third of their rest advantage gone by the second weekend.

Remember it is rest differential - playing on the first Thursday is part of that because we get three extra days.  It is not four extra days because the Titans (our week 2 opponent) also get one extra day of rest to Monday (because they played on Sunday week 1).  If the Titans played on Monday in week 1, then it would be four.  We immediately lose one of those days in week 3 because we are playing on Monday in week 2 and Sunday in week 3 against the fish who played on Sunday the week before.  So, by week 3, we are at a rest differential of +2.

Thanksgiving helps also.  It is short prep for that game, but the Lions face the same thing.  The next week we play on Thurs again, but it is no advantage because the Patriots also play on Thanksgiving (not that would have been epic if the Pats played on Sunday of Thanksgiving week).  Where we gain is the following week against the Jets.

In general, Thursday games help our rest differential because the teams playing both have less time to prepare for that game but extra rest to go against a team that normally played on Sunday that week and Monday games hurt our rest differential because the extra rest day is shared by the two teams that play on Monday.  Of course, bye weeks have the biggest impacts.

45 minutes ago, MPL said:

The commissioner. is after all from Jamestown

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.