Rookie Minicamp 5/13-5/15

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I’m not sure why they’re bothering with Boettger. I’m hoping they upgrade him with somebody better and healthier.

I think because they like him as a person and he is good depth.  They knew they could sign him and place him on PUP and decide mid season if injuries hit we have a potential guy that is better than what you could find on the street.

The cost was minimal and it shows good faith to let him come in and rehab with the team after a big injury and it sounds like he was fairly well liked.

Basically you can upgrade with little cost and it shows you care and protects you a bit in case you need mid season depth.

• Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Not yet.

The first sentence in his scouting report for the draft said “a coach’s dream.” I don’t put Diggs in the diva category either. He’s the perfect balance of give me the damn ball and team player. I love that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

I think the hope is Shakir takes over in the the slot next year.

Yep. I take Beane at his word: Shakir will be the WR4 and the prime backup to all three starting WR spots this year.

That means he’ll get snaps, he’ll learn the ropes, and it won’t surprise me if he gets some gadget plays, too.

Barring injury, I don’t expect him to be the starting slot receiver until 2023. Even Gabe Davis, who was sensational as a rookie, is only just now becoming the starting WR2 in his third year.

In any case, I do believe Shakir has a very bright future. I just do t think they’re going to rush it.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

I think because they like him as a person and he is good depth.  They knew they could sign him and place him on PUP and decide mid season if injuries hit we have a potential guy that is better than what you could find on the street.

The cost was minimal and it shows good faith to let him come in and rehab with the team after a big injury and it sounds like he was fairly well liked.

Basically you can upgrade with little cost and it shows you care and protects you a bit in case you need mid season depth.

Fair enough. 

22 hours ago, Maynard said:

JMO but he’s not taking Hamlins spot. I’m super high on him. 

Your man Damar not in competition for Corner.

He's listed as a safety on buffalobills.com and last year, his playing time on D came when he subbed in for Hyde

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Your man Damar not in competition for Corner.

He's listed as a safety on buffalobills.com and last year, his playing time on D came when he subbed in for Hyde

There is talk of the late draftee being moved to safety.....which would put him in Hamlin's competition area.

I am also high on Hamlin

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/13/2022 at 1:54 PM, CorkScrewHill said:

I want Safety Cam Lewis to get an actual training camp invite from his try-out, so I can see Cam Lewis (CB) and Cam Lewis (S) tackle a player in a preseason game just to hear how the announcers would handle it.

Would be cool is Cam Lewis (S) came to camp with a Cam Lewis (CB) jersey to be signed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.