Rookie Minicamp 5/13-5/15

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Beerball said:

Wawrow with the unhealthy punter obsession.

49 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, not sure what was up with that. Hero worship or sarcasm?

Maybe he like something specific about punters....  we know someone like that. 

obzjhrldszo1svkesjic

• Haha (+1) 2

Wow!... how do you watch the interview of khalil shakir and not root for this guy? Ya he said all the right stuff, but the football answers sounded the same as the way he answered questions about his personal life. Genuine. whether he works out or not. Solid pick. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Wow. Just wow. Super impressed. I love, love, love this guy. I think he is already my second favorite Bills player even before he stepped on the field.

Very smart, well-spoken, humble, no cliches, motivated. I will root hard for him to pan out.

I especially loved when he answered the question about being overlooked and chosen in the 5th round. No stupid talk about "the chip on the shoulder" which I really hate - just smart answer that he is grateful for the opportunity he got and that now it is up to him to show he's worth it.

Also loved how he talked about meeting Diggs and other "big guys". He is very genuine and humble.

Careful, apparently you're a racist if you say someone is well spoken

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So the short answer is he could go on the PUP list before training camp, but to be able to return at any time he would need to be on the 53 man roster on opening day (then he could go on IR and be brought back).

Longer answer

https://www.thefantasyfootballers.com/articles/what-is-the-pup-list-injuries-ir-other-designations-fantasy-football/

OK so he either needs to come off of PUP before final cut down and placed on 53 or he can stay on PUP for 6 weeks, then they have 5 more weeks to decide whether to let him start practicing and then have  up to 21 days to activate him.  Considering his injury and how long recovery often takes, that doesn't sound like such a bad thing timing wise.  So he could return anywhere between around 7 weeks up to 14 weeks from beginning of season.

Assuming Ford sticks around they have 9 lineman likely to make the 53, Boettger would make 10 which they often don't need barring injury.  He could be a fall back if someone gets hurt or if they decide Ford isn't the answer.  Could be the new line coach feels he can salvage him. This would give him some time to see if it worked.

Elam's ceiling is a bigger and faster Tre White. Having a great and willing leader in White is a perfect situation for Elam. 

Shakir makes me think of Robert Woods with some Beasley mixed it. There's a glaring hole at slot receiver, if he can take that over, that's a huge win. They don't need him to be amazing, just get open when you have the advantage and keep teams honest.

By all accounts Elam, Cook, and Shakir are all high quality guys in almost ever sense. They all work hard, have the ability, and could fill huge holes. Very exciting.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, elroy16 said:

Elam's ceiling is a bigger and faster Tre White. Having a great and willing leader in White is a perfect situation for Elam. 

Shakir makes me think of Robert Woods with some Beasley mixed it. There's a glaring hole at slot receiver, if he can take that over, that's a huge win. They don't need him to be amazing, just get open when you have the advantage and keep teams honest.

By all accounts Elam, Cook, and Shakir are all high quality guys in almost ever sense. They all work hard, have the ability, and could fill huge holes. Very exciting  

No there isn’t. At least not this year. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

6 hours ago, elroy16 said:

By all accounts Elam, Cook, and Shakir are all high quality guys in almost ever sense. They all work hard, have the ability, and could fill huge holes. Very exciting.

Crowder is a quality slot receiver.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Just reading a story on very early 53 man roster projection.  It mentioned Boettger starting out on 53 then placed on IR so he;'d be eligible to return. 

Is starting him on PUP an option or is that only for players who got hurt not in an NFL sanctioned activity, i.e. practice, game?  Thought if he's on PUP wouldn't count at all towards 53 and could still be brought back?

Nope. He could start in the PUP and not count against the initial 53. But will be out no less than 6 weeks. If his recovery timeline is shorter than that then it would make sense to have him in the initial 53 then IR him for a parking lot cut. 

depends on what his recovery timeline looks like. 

8 hours ago, elroy16 said:

By all accounts Elam, Cook, and Shakir are all high quality guys in almost every sense. They all work hard, have the ability, and could fill huge holes. Very exciting.

I think that's what McBeane is building here, do your job, do it well, and don't embarrass the team, right person, right job.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.