Rookie Minicamp 5/13-5/15

YoloinOhio

22 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Benford is absolutely making the roster. 

We always keep 5 corners on the active roster.  
White

Elam

Taron

Dane

Neal

As of now-  If Tre isn’t ready for opening day, it’ll be Cam and Benford battling for his spot.  If Tre is ready for opening day…I don’t see how benford makes the roster. 

Or do you think he’s a S and will take Johnson or Hamlins spot?  

I haven’t watched any tape of the kid minus maybe 10 plays.  Love his physical ability.  Seems like a moldable piece of clay.  

Edited by NewEra

Just reading a story on very early 53 man roster projection.  It mentioned Boettger starting out on 53 then placed on IR so he;'d be eligible to return. 

Is starting him on PUP an option or is that only for players who got hurt not in an NFL sanctioned activity, i.e. practice, game?  Thought if he's on PUP wouldn't count at all towards 53 and could still be brought back?

47 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Just reading a story on very early 53 man roster projection.  It mentioned Boettger starting out on 53 then placed on IR so he;'d be eligible to return. 

Is starting him on PUP an option or is that only for players who got hurt not in an NFL sanctioned activity, i.e. practice, game?  Thought if he's on PUP wouldn't count at all towards 53 and could still be brought back?

So the short answer is he could go on the PUP list before training camp, but to be able to return at any time he would need to be on the 53 man roster on opening day (then he could go on IR and be brought back).

Longer answer

https://www.thefantasyfootballers.com/articles/what-is-the-pup-list-injuries-ir-other-designations-fantasy-football/

On 5/13/2022 at 9:00 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Wow. Just wow. Super impressed. I love, love, love this guy. I think he is already my second favorite Bills player even before he stepped on the field.

Very smart, well-spoken, humble, no cliches, motivated. I will root hard for him to pan out.

I especially loved when he answered the question about being overlooked and chosen in the 5th round. No stupid talk about "the chip on the shoulder" which I really hate - just smart answer that he is grateful for the opportunity he got and that now it is up to him to show he's worth it.

Also loved how he talked about meeting Diggs and other "big guys". He is very genuine and humble.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

We always keep 5 corners on the active roster.  
White

Elam

Taron

Dane

Neal

As of now-  If Tre isn’t ready for opening day, it’ll be Cam and Benford battling for his spot.  If Tre is ready for opening day…I don’t see how benford makes the roster. 

Or do you think he’s a S and will take Johnson or Hamlins spot?  

I haven’t watched any tape of the kid minus maybe 10 plays.  Love his physical ability.  Seems like a moldable piece of clay.  

JMO but he’s not taking Hamlins spot. I’m super high on him. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.