Watching 42 again and all I think of is...

Big Turk

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking when it was posted that it was a sequel to "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" which was far earlier than the baseball movie.

I have not seen many baseball movies and most I have seen are fantasies or comedies like "Field of Dreams", "The Bad News Bears",  and "Angels in the Outfield" (1994 version).

The number 42 is especially significant to fans of science fiction novelist Douglas Adams' “The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy,” because that number is the answer given by a supercomputer to “the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything.”

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I was thinking when it was posted that it was a sequel to "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" which was far earlier than the baseball movie.

I have not seen many baseball movies and most I have seen are fantasies or comedies like "Field of Dreams", "The Bad News Bears",  and "Angels in the Outfield" (1994 version).

I suggest "Moneyball" or "Inglourious Basterds" if you have an inkling to see more baseball movies.  "The Sandlot" is also my favorite Mike Vitar movie.

On 5/24/2022 at 12:49 AM, Limeaid said:

On 5/25/2022 at 3:17 PM, The Jokeman said:

Just don't watch the Bad News Bears Go to Japan, it's terrible. In terms of better baseball movies I've got to give Eight Men Out and 61* some love. 

Both great movies.  Especially 61*.  

"For love of the game" is chick flick wrapped in a baseball movie but I just really like Kevin Costner as an actor so it's worth it for me.  And he's a BAMF in Yellowstone also.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.