TBDAHOT Titans vs Bills 9/19/2022

SDS

10 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

In all seriousness what should I expect as it is my first time at Hammers lot? I haven’t tailgated since 2011

People are lot nicer in person.  Most of them are much shorter than you'd imagine so prepare yourself for that.  

The prime area is a lot of fun with people sharing food and beverages.  Plan to bring a little extra of whatever you got to share if you can swing it.  I'm flying up so my options are limited but any gesture of goodwill seems to be appreciated.  While its a party, its a more mature and civilized affair than the craziness that happens in the bus lots.

Don't wear blue or red.  I'm wearing blue and red. 

• Haha (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

In all seriousness what should I expect as it is my first time at Hammers lot? I haven’t tailgated since 2011

I’m not an old-timer like many here are, but here are a few thoughts:

* Many of the people you will meet have been doing this together for a long, long time. They know each other and there is a great sense of camaraderie. It’s almost like a family picnic. If your family drinks quite a bit. 

* If you are from out of town, bring your own beverages, and maybe some extras. Only the overachievers can pull off a crazy good tailgate out of a hotel room. I fly in, so it’s hard to do much.  If there is something you can bring in terms of food, all the better. But people are very generous and there is a lot of food. 

* It seems like a strangely high percentage of people have traveled a long way to be there. You won’t meet a ton of people from Hamburg. 

* The Prime parking is toward the front and kind of circles the wagons (OK, in this case vehicles) so there is a little central tailgate area. The other parking is toward the back and much bigger. People doing their own thing everywhere. It’s awesome! 

* You can park anywhere and stroll up and visit. There will probably be name tags so you can recognize posters and identify yourself if you like. We got ours at the @mead107 Stromboli stand last year. A wise old tailgater, that one! 

* There is a row of porta-potties, with some reserved for women. After a while, they get about like you would expect, but any port in a storm! 

* They start early! I was there at 7am for a 1:00pm game last year and couldn’t get into the lot for all the traffic. 

* Oh, and hover cars, hover cars are everywhere!

(OK, maybe not that last one.)

I’m not the expert here, but have done it multiple times and have never been disappointed.  ENJOY! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bills!Win! said:

A lot of good people making and sharing good food and a lot of booze. You're going to make friends with people next to you.

After the game, be ready to fire up your grill again while Abbott road clears out. That usually takes about an hour and a half. Its also a great chance to get rid of leftovers. 

4 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

If @mrags or @CountryCletus ask you if you want their sausage, say yes. They're not talking about their genitals. Just don't ask them what it is made out of. 

If @mead107 asks if you want to invest in his Meadcoin, say no thanks, but you'll try his Stromboli.

If you want to distract @JÂy RÛßeÒ, start talking about how cute pandas are. 

If some crazy looking guy comes up to you and either tells you to move your car, or demands money for parking, that's @Hammered a Lot, do what he says if you don't want to be kicked out. 

If some big black dude with a mean look on his face comes at you, just smile and hold out your hand for him to shake, that's @R. Rich

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Just Jack said:

If @mrags or @CountryCletus ask you if you want their sausage, say yes. They're not talking about their genitals. Just don't ask them what it is made out of. 

If @mead107 asks if you want to invest in his Meadcoin, say no thanks, but you'll try his Stromboli.

If you want to distract @JÂy RÛßeÒ, start talking about how cute pandas are. 

If some crazy looking guy comes up to you and either tells you to move your car, or demands money for parking, that's @Hammered a Lot, do what he says if you don't want to be kicked out. 

If some big black dude with a mean look on his face comes at you, just smile and hold out your hand for him to shake, that's @R. Rich

Guinness works too.

• Haha (+1) 1

And in the back left corner of the lot is  the famous Pinto Ken. Stop by and see his setup! I believe he has been tp about 450 straight games (home and away)  since  1995 (minus the no fan COVID games).

• Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

when does this happen ? I have to see it lol 

Well the tailgate itself goes all day, with the Pinto and the bowling ball shots and everything else that makes it the best tailgate that isn't the TBDAHOT.  Due to covid concerns over the last couple of years, the "ketchup ceremony" has been on hiatus but rumor has it that it may make a return at least for the opener.  if it does, it's 90 minutes before kickoff.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

If you meet anyone with the name tag "gugny" --- it's not gugny

Gugny is not gug-knee.  It is Gug-N-Y like the state

If you meet anyone with the name tag Mr Ags, tell him he should leave. He will leave.

• Dislike 1

22 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

If you meet anyone with the name tag Mr Ags, tell him he should leave. He will leave.

Says something about Gug that he doesn’t know how to pronounce his own name… 🤔 :beer: 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Normally I would have said if you see a tall guy with the name tag Gugny, that's Boyst.  But too bad or is it congrats, that you can't make it? 

48 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It's Goog!

gesundheit

53 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Normally I would have said if you see a tall guy with the name tag Gugny, that's Boyst.  But too bad or is it congrats, that you can't make it? 

it's both. i hate missing this game and my phone will be getting reminded me all day.

61% of women go past due on their 2nd child. 83% go past due on their 2nd child if they went past due on their first. i tried to make this argument that going to the game was reasonable since the due date is Monday... it didn't work.

24 minutes ago, Heitz said:

That's what I said, Güg :beer: 

whats more believeable? Googy is related to the Guggenheim family or that he is the heir to the Google fortune?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

when you spot the area of the TBD tailgate with all the young hot ladies  fussing about, and a very handsome older gentleman standing there, and it appears they are all clamoring to talk to/be next to him..that's me!

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

when you spot the area of the TBD tailgate with all the young hot ladies  fussing about, and a very handsome older gentleman standing there, and it appears they are all clamoring to talk to/be next to him..that's me!

“All the women want to be with me, all the men want to be like me.”
-- Ric Flair-err, plenzmd1

Excited Ric Flair GIF

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Actual picture of Plezmid

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Edited by Guffalo
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.