Buffalo Bills 2022 Schedule

Chandler#81

8 minutes ago, DrBob806 said:

The Bills are certainly talented enough to win the AFC East again, but it won't be so easy this season. That's why 9 or 10 wins is my bet, which I'm not crazy about honestly. 

You are not 😜 about 9 or 10 wins? Do you feel that is too low or high? Who in the AFC East can challenge the Bills? Not the Jets for a couple of years and that is if their MILF stud is actually a QB. Tua is has been no problem for the Bills D and 17 crushes the Fins D, Jones is meh. That is 6 wins right there. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, DrBob806 said:

Nothing truly concrete, just a hunch. The Bills won't go into the abyss, like the Falcons after their SB loss, but NFL history is littered with teams who went south after gut-wrenching playoff losses. 

The Bills are certainly talented enough to win the AFC East again, but it won't be so easy this season. That's why 9 or 10 wins is my bet, which I'm not crazy about honestly. 

I think when you go back and look at those teams, you probably see some pretty obvious explanations for why they did not have sustained success.  I don't see that with the Bills.  It seems the only people still wringing their hands over 13 seconds are the fan base.

I'll put it this way; I certainly hope you're wrong and I don't expect there to be a letdown.

• Like (+1) 2

On 7/13/2022 at 10:49 AM, DrBob806 said:

Nothing truly concrete, just a hunch. The Bills won't go into the abyss, like the Falcons after their SB loss, but NFL history is littered with teams who went south after gut-wrenching playoff losses. 

9-10 wins?  So you’re expecting 7-8 losses.  Have you not watched this team in 2020 and 21.  A winning game until 13 seconds and now we’re mediocre?  

We will be anywhere from 11 at the VERY worst to 14-3.  I’m giving a range as you can’t predict critical injuries to key

players.

On 7/13/2022 at 9:12 AM, Mr Info said:

You are not 😜 about 9 or 10 wins? Do you feel that is too low or high? Who in the AFC East can challenge the Bills? Not the Jets for a couple of years and that is if their MILF stud is actually a QB. Tua is has been no problem for the Bills D and 17 crushes the Fins D, Jones is meh. That is 6 wins right there. 

"MILF stud".  LOL.  That's gold Jerry, GOLD!

18 hours ago, PackerNation said:

The game on October 30th will be a war. Looking forward to it. I have the Bills and Packers in the Super Bowl in Glendale in Feb. Could be a preview.

Looking over the Bills schedule, I see 11-6. 

OneTeamOneNation

PackerNation!

Your 39-year-old quarterback and Sammy Watkins are really giving Bills fans nightmares.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/13/2022 at 7:49 AM, DrBob806 said:

The NFL also has plenty of teams that got stronger after a gut-wrenching playoff loss. Here are four Bills examples:

1. 1980: The Bills, despite a hobbled Joe Ferguson, lose the divisional round game to San Diego 20-14 after a late 50-yard TD pass with a little over two minutes left in the fourth quarter from Dan Fouts to Ron Smith, blowing a 14-3 lead. Buffalo safety Bill Simpson missed the tackle for the NFL's number one rated defense that allowed this to happen. But Buffalo goes on the next season to the playoffs again, this time beating the Jets in the Wild Card game after Bill Simpson redeems himself by making a game-saving interception at the two-yard line with 10 seconds left in the game to win 31-27.

2. 1989: The Bills lose to Cleveland 34-30 after Ronnie Harmon drops a game-winning TD pass from Kelly with nine seconds left in the game. The Bills go on to the number one seed in the AFC the next season with a 13-3 record and make it to the Super Bowl.

3. 1990: The Bills lose SBXV to the NY Giants on "Wide Right" by Scott Norwood. They go on the following season to another AFC number one seed at 13-3 and to another Super Bowl.

4. 2019: The Bills lose to Houston 22-19 after blowing a 16-0 lead in the Wild Card game. They come back the next year to win the AFC East (going 6-0 against the division) and a 13-3 record, where Josh Allen has a break out season.

• Agree 1

• SDS unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry I know this has probably been discussed and I don’t know why this just occurred to me right now, but why are the Bills playing in KC again this year? They played in Buffalo a couple of years ago because the Bills were playing the AFCW and KC was scheduled to come here, then they played in KC last year because they both finished in first, so shouldn’t the KC game be in Buffalo this year? I thought it rotated every year. Add in the fact that the Bills will play in KC next year because they are playing the AFCW again, that’s a lot of games in KC. Makes it even more important to get home field advantage for the playoffs!

6 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Sorry I know this has probably been discussed and I don’t know why this just occurred to me right now, but why are the Bills playing in KC again this year? They played in Buffalo a couple of years ago because the Bills were playing the AFCW and KC was scheduled to come here, then they played in KC last year because they both finished in first, so shouldn’t the KC game be in Buffalo this year? I thought it rotated every year. Add in the fact that the Bills will play in KC next year because they are playing the AFCW again, that’s a lot of games in KC. Makes it even more important to get home field advantage for the playoffs!

Just my guess but I have the Bills winning the east and the Chargers winning the west. If KC makes it to the playoffs it will be as a WC. Any playoff matchup between the two would be in OP. Again just my meaningless opinion.

20 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Just my guess but I have the Bills winning the east and the Chargers winning the west. If KC makes it to the playoffs it will be as a WC. Any playoff matchup between the two would be in OP. Again just my meaningless opinion.

I think the Chargers and Chiefs will be battling all year as well-unfortunately no matter what the Bills are traveling to both of those games next season, which like I said makes getting home field over both of them extremely important (outside of the obvious reasons of wanting home field advantage).

but back to the original point, I just don’t understand why the Bills are traveling to KC 2 years in a row if it is based off of where each team finished in the division

2 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

I think the Chargers and Chiefs will be battling all year as well-unfortunately no matter what the Bills are traveling to both of those games next season, which like I said makes getting home field over both of them extremely important (outside of the obvious reasons of wanting home field advantage).

but back to the original point, I just don’t understand why the Bills are traveling to KC 2 years in a row if it is based off of where each team finished in the division

I don't know? TEN is another team where we seem to always play them there. At least this year that game will be in OP.

2 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

Someone in another thread a while back explained how this works.  I think it was @GunnerBill?  I didnt understand it either but the explanation made a lot of sense as to why.  Unfortunately I dont remember the details so this wont be of much help to you.  Maybe Gunner will come explain it after I tagged him.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Someone in another thread a while back explained how this works.  I think it was @GunnerBill?  I didnt understand it either but the explanation made a lot of sense as to why.  Unfortunately I dont remember the details so this wont be of much help to you.  Maybe Gunner will come explain it after I tagged him.

You play your non-rotation divisions in couplets. So in the two years between us playing the AFC West we play the position placed match ups on the road. Then we play the AFC West again and then the two years after that the positional placed  match ups with AFCW teams will both be at home. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

You play your non-rotation divisions in couplets. So in the two years between us playing the AFC West we play the position placed match ups on the road. Then we play the AFC West again and then the two years after that the positional placed  match ups with AFCW teams will both be at home. 

11 hours ago, Greg S said:

I don't know? TEN is another team where we seem to always play them there. At least this year that game will be in OP.

But, I might add, that if we play the same opponent in the divisional positional matchups from one season to the next, there is also not a rotation. For example, Buffalo played Tennessee on the road in 2019, 2020, and 2021 (we played them at home in 2018). We played Tennessee away in 2019 and 2020 because it was the AFC East's turn to play the single same-position AFC South opponent on the road two years in a row; it just happened to be Tennessee both years. (Both Buffalo and Tennessee finished third in their respective divisions in 2019, and second in their respective divisions in 2020.) In 2021, it was the AFC East's turn to play all four teams in the AFC South. We played Tennessee on the road because 2021 was our year to do so. We also played all four AFC South teams in 2018, and the Tennessee game was home that time, like Gunner mentioned above.

We do happen to play the single same-position AFC South team at home both this year and 2023, since it is the AFC East's turn to do so this time. This year it happens to be Tennessee, since both teams finished first in 2020. Next year, it will be also at home against the single same-position AFC South opponent, possibly Tennessee again if both teams finish in the same place in their respective divisions. Or we could host Indianapolis instead if both teams finish first, for example this year. We could also host Jacksonville if both teams finished last this year (year, right).

[BTW, no is complaining we have hosted or will host Pittsburgh three years in a row: 2020, 2021, 2022, except maybe on the Steelers forums. Also,

Green Bay had to play at Dallas seven (!) times in a row from 1993-1996 (4 straight regular season and 3 straight in the playoffs.]

Edited by chongli

Key injuries always provide pivot points in a season for every team and it's rare that they don't happen.  Trying to predict the season is like reading tea leaves.... Last year is some kind of indication but seems around here it's always the floor and we're only going up from there🙄.  Fact is, every year is completely different, injuries happen, and teams you didn't see coming end up making a run (2021 Bengals).  

As it stands right now the Bills are the best in the Conference on paper and expectations are high to say the least.  As long as Allen stays healthy, the Bills will run the table and get home field through the playoffs.  How that turns out is part of Allen's legacy, but I like our chances.  14-3

• 1 month later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.