Buffalo Bills 2022 Schedule

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I find it interesting. As a kid growing up in the 1960s and 70s we all dreamed of being able to see all the games. Now that you can, all I read is complaining about the cost. I had to listen to the games on a transistor radio! Sunday Ticket is the bomb!!!

in the 80's i'd listen to the radio. in the 90's i would watch CNN's sports ticker for score updates during the game. for games against Indy we would take 400m of wire and stretch it over the house and use an antenna booster to pick up signal from Ft Wayne or Indianapolis to our home outside of Toledo. In the early 00's I installed a kit to my tactor to have my mobile Sirius unit hook up to it. I listen to every Bills game and watch over half.  

On 5/30/2022 at 3:10 PM, Boyst62 said:

A completely legal way to watch the games:. Get a GPS spoofing app and open up NFL.com to the local market where the game of your choice is and wa-la you got the game. 

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

This is not completely legal. 

I don't know about you guys, but I spoof my GPS location on my phone so I can play Pokemon Go without having to actually "go" anywhere.  If I happen to pick up a few TV stations in the process, so be it...

53 minutes ago, eball said:

I don't know about you guys, but I spoof my GPS location on my phone so I can play Pokemon Go without having to actually "go" anywhere.  If I happen to pick up a few TV stations in the process, so be it...

Pokemon Go? I'd rather eat my own balls. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

This is not completely legal. 

If it's not completely legal than that means it is not fully illegal. Therefore, it's allowed.

I only spoof my GPS to check the weather in Brockport.

And, it's not a criminalized offense like downloading or pirating. It is a breach of contract at the most with something I never read anyway.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

If it's not completely legal than that means it is not fully illegal. Therefore, it's allowed.

🤣 Good point. I can't even imagine another way to check out weather in another area.

And, it's not a criminalized offense like downloading or pirating. It is a breach of contract at the most with something I never read anyway.

Beware the humancentipod!  

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

It's a copyright infringement. 

47 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Roll-Safe-Think-About-It.jpg

No sir, I'm not copying it. 

You are using the material without the consent of the copyright holder by intentionally accessing it in a way that is prohibited in the jurisdction in which you are located. That is a copyright infringement. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

You are using the material without the consent of the copyright holder by intentionally accessing it in a way that is prohibited in the jurisdction in which you are located. That is a copyright infringement. 

Guess what?  Just posting here you are in violation of the NFL copyright. You know, that voice over you hear at the end of every game? 

“This telecast is copyrighted by the NFL for the private use of our audience. Any other use of this telecast or any pictures, descriptions, or accounts of the game without the NFL's consent is prohibited.”

So better not discuss that throw, tackle, touchdown, interception, etc.  

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Guess what?  Just posting here you are in violation of the NFL copyright. You know, that voice over you hear at the end of every game? 

So better not discuss that throw, tackle, touchdown, interception, etc.  

Turns out you can discuss the Jets though, because nothing you describe about them resembles football.

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

That would get laughed out of court.

26 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Well the tactic of copyright holders has not been to go after individual users but to go after the people offering the work arounds - the VPNs etc. 

Yes, likely because they wouldn't get much from individuals and multiple lawsuit costs would far outweigh the benefit to them versus going after a place that many users go through.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Well the tactic of copyright holders has not been to go after individual users but to go after the people offering the work arounds - the VPNs etc. 

6 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Yes, likely because they wouldn't get much from individuals and multiple lawsuit costs would far outweigh the benefit to them versus going after a place that many users go through.

I mean, what are the damages?  The NFL is getting more eyes on their product and most advertising during the games is of the national variety.  Watching the NFL over the local public airwaves is free.  I suppose the local broadcaster in a viewer's "true" area is losing eyes on their advertising if said viewer is instead watching a broadcast from another geographic area.  But that's a stretch.

YouTube TV already permits users to access the "local" content when traveling.  For example, I go to Buffalo with my iPad while my wife is at home in North Carolina.  I can use YouTube TV and see the Buffalo local channels while she uses it at home and still has the NC locals.

I just don't believe the "damages" are worth these providers caring too much about it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

I mean, what are the damages?  The NFL is getting more eyes on their product and most advertising during the games is of the national variety.  Watching the NFL over the local public airwaves is free.  I suppose the local broadcaster in a viewer's "true" area is losing eyes on their advertising if said viewer is instead watching a broadcast from another geographic area.  But that's a stretch.

YouTube TV already permits users to access the "local" content when traveling.  For example, I go to Buffalo with my iPad while my wife is at home in North Carolina.  I can use YouTube TV and see the Buffalo local channels while she uses it at home and still has the NC locals.

I just don't believe the "damages" are worth these providers caring too much about it.

Yeah, by and in large all of these lawsuits have just gone away as they have realized it's a futile effort. First was the software industry basically giving up on trying to prevent it, with Microsoft secretly liking it since it drove up their user base, and even the most "uncrackable" DRM is usually cracked within a day or two. Then the music industry although they still fight as much as they can, they realize it's futile as well. Then the movie studios...now the TV channels and websites.

Edited by Big Turk

On 6/6/2022 at 11:02 AM, Jauronimo said:

Pats fans feeling confident heading into 2022-2023.

Some.  I check their boards once in awhile, and it's all "Mac is in the best shape of his life!  He's going to practice early...and he's the last to leave!  He has more zip on the ball!"

Reminds me a lot of how we tried to talk ourselves into QB's like Losman, Edwards, Taylor, et al.

Man, do I hope we don't punt again against them.  In both games.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.