Buffalo Bills 2022 Schedule

Chandler#81

8 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

They get relegated to prime time way to many times. That's what drives me nuts.

The reason Dallas gets so many is the same reason people watch the Yankees.  If they aren't a Dallas/Yankees fan they want to watch them to see them lose.

My buddy is a Dallas fan and we would watch the 1pm Bills game and then the 4:25 Dallas games and nothing was more fun than to see him cry about everything.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

My buddy’s stepbrother created an app that not only shows the Bills schedule at a glance, but gives an updated countdown, to the second, to the kickoff time to each game.

I have no connection to it, other than the degrees of separation listed above, but thought some of you may enjoy it.

Below is the link for the Apple version, I believe it’s available on Google Play as well.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/mafiakickoff/id1623008594

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why is anyone sweating the Fins, Steelers and the Ravens?

The Fins actually have a good team minus the QB. The Steelers still have a good defense and Watt is capable of dominating a game. The Ravens are always a solid team and winning at Baltimore is never easy. The Bills shouldn't be afraid of anyone. My guess is 12-5 as the floor with 14-3 being the ceiling.

Typically Thursday night games on the road typically are really tough and favor the home teams much more so than normal road games.

With that said, if there was ever to have a Thursday night game, the first game of the year is the best one to have.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why is anyone sweating the Fins, Steelers and the Ravens?

Ravens were great last year until Lamar was out, and that was with them missing a ton of starters.  Yes, Lamar lost Brown, but that defense and playing in Baltimore is not an easy task. 

I’m not worried about the other two 

5 minutes ago, Magox said:

Typically Thursday night games on the road typically are really tough and favor the home teams much more so than normal road games.

With that said, if there was ever to have a Thursday night game, the first game of the year is the best one to have.

Not to mention flying across the country. The Bills couldn't have picked a better week to go to LA. Then they have 11 days to get ready for the Titans.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, BuffaloBob said:

I like all of those aspects, plus all of the prime-time games, but why is that EVERY year (seemingly) we ALWAYS play more away than home games when the weather is actually nice here?  Why can't we play 5 home and 3 away in the first 9 weeks instead of the other way around?  Just even once in a while.

It’s not actually ‘nice’ in Buffalo -EVER! I’m a native. I know this. It’s why I moved away. June-Sept aren’t nice, they’re just not as horrible as the other 8 months.

11 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

At least nine Sunday slots where the Bills definitely don’t play.  Is this a sneaky way of spectrum to get me to pay for NFL red zone?

RedZone is an absolute Must for NFL fans. Plain & simple.

11 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I overall agree- also I prefer more home games late. The bye week thing is the biggest advantage the NFL seems to give 

Actually, ours has been and is this season waaay to early.  After the Bye, we will play 14 straight weeks to the AFC Championship. No team has ever won the SB with this long a stretch without a Bye.  juss sayin’🤷‍♂️

• Disagree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Greg S said:

The Fins actually have a good team minus the QB. The Steelers still have a good defense and Watt is capable of dominating a game. The Ravens are always a solid team and winning at Baltimore is never easy. The Bills shouldn't be afraid of anyone. My guess is 12-5 as the floor with 14-3 being the ceiling.

47 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Ravens were great last year until Lamar was out, and that was with them missing a ton of starters.  Yes, Lamar lost Brown, but that defense and playing in Baltimore is not an easy task. 

I’m not worried about the other two 

Steelers and Miami with no significant QB threat.  Bills D vs Lamar Jackson 

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Steelers and Miami with no significant QB threat.  Bills D vs Lamar Jackson 

The Ravens in Baltimore will be a tough game. That game will probably be a one score game from start to finish. 

40 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

It’s not actually ‘nice’ in Buffalo -EVER! I’m a native. I know this. It’s why I moved away. June-Sept aren’t nice, they’re just not as horrible as the other 8 months.

RedZone is an absolute Must for NFL fans. Plain & simple.

Actually, ours has been and is this season waaay to early.  After the Bye, we will play 14 straight weeks to the AFC Championship. No team has ever won the SB with this long a stretch without a Bye.  juss sayin’🤷‍♂️

Which makes getting the #1 seed that much more important. Get that and you have another Bye.

• Like (+1) 1

The schedule to start the season is tough.  

Was thinking we can just bring Tre White back slowly, but him being ready to start the season would he massive.  

Either way, him staying healthy is far more important than rushing him back.  

Kaiir, Taron and Dane will have their hands full Week 1 against Stafford/Kupp/Robinson/Jefferson if White isn’t ready to start the season.  

Same thing Week 3 with Miami and Hill/Waddle, but Tennessee (2) and Baltimore (4) don’t exactly have a ton of ammo in the WR passing game. 

Also glad we don’t open with Miami, so we can get a glimpse of their new offense and how they plan to use that speed. 

10 hours ago, The Dean said:

Not really talking semantics. But yes, on sport forums it's common to call them Primetime games. But don't believe for one minute those at NFL think of it that way. The available audience in actual primetime is larger than in the afternoon---even on Thanksgiving. And the cost per rating point advertisers pay is higher at night than it is in the afternoon. Now it's been awhile since I've been in the biz and seen actual CPPs, but I'll assume a Thanksgiving afternoon game has a higher CPP than a Sunday afternoon game. But probably doesn't have the same CPP as a Sunday or Monday night (actual primetime) game. And I'd shocked if it has the CPP of the Thanksgiving night game.

The NFL uses the term Primetime because that is the TV and Ad Agency term, which has actual definitions.  Is it really that hard to just say "Nationally Televised" games? I'd doubt you'd have to deal with these petty posts if you did.

You obviously know much more about this than most of us. But a quick Google shows that the early Thanksgiving game last year averaged over 26 million viewers. MNF, SNF, and TNF all average substantially fewer viewers than that, these days.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.