Terrel Bernard signed

YoloinOhio

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Terrel Bernard signed
1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I hope that he can contribute beyond special teams.  He is very small for a NFL LB and isn’t super fast to make up for his lack of size.  I understand that he is very smart and a hard worker.

What? He’s fast and plays fast. He’s probably 10lbs undersized but if he plays at 6’ 230 lbs that’s decent enough size for our defense.

The best LB in football Darius Leonard probably plays at 220 lbs. 

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I wanna like the guy. I really do. He’s just so small! He’ll get swallowed up by Guards. Maybe a Poyer replacement??

I mean you don't have to be big to get past them though, as long as he can get there he can get there.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I wanna like the guy. I really do. He’s just so small! He’ll get swallowed up by Guards. Maybe a Poyer replacement??

You act like D1 Guards are only 6 ft 250 lbs… but those NFL guards will be too much for him. The kid can play, you never know until you get to the league. 

The staff will use his strengths and play to those. He had 20 Tackles and 2 sacks in his final game, against those small guards at Ole Miss an SEC school.

Edited by CEN-CAL17
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

What? He’s fast and plays fast. He’s probably 10lbs undersized but if he plays at 6’ 230 lbs that’s decent enough size for our defense.

The best LB in football Darius Leonard probably plays at 220 lbs. 

Citing one undersized player who has excelled at the NFL shows that it can be done.  It doesn’t mean that being undersized isn’t a concern.

He has good speed and quickness, but not sure excellent speed and quickness. If he plays fast, that is important as well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.