Official: Bills at Rams on TNF Sept. 8th will kick off 2022 season!

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Plus the Bills always seem to start sluggish on previous Week 1's, even against the weaker opponents. 

Rather tee off on lesser teams and build continuity and momentum before the big boys. 

Good game to make a statement though.

With the way our schedule starts off, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bills be comparable to the 2021 Chiefs. They had a rough stretch of games & hovered around .500, with people constantly talking about how underwhelming they've been. 

But then they quietly started crawling back in, eventually finishing as the #2 seed after some were predicting they wouldn't even make the playoffs. I hope that doesn't happen to us, just that a few early losses during all these tough games wouldn't be shocking. Even if it happens, I wouldn't in any way count them out or think they couldn't run the tables from that point on though.

• Agree 5

Any guesses on the crowd. I will say 60-40 favoring the Bills. Yes I think Bills Mafia takes over the stadium by that much. One of the best fanbases vs one of the worst. We booked our flight to LA. Can't wait to be at Sofi. Go Bills!

First seven weeks of the schedule are tough, but things get much easier after that.

Need to come out of the Packers game 4-3 or better, and they should be fine.

I predict 12-5, AFC East champs. Whether or not that’s enough for the #1 seed is the question.

On 5/13/2022 at 8:19 AM, Greg S said:

Any guesses on the crowd. I will say 60-40 favoring the Bills. Yes I think Bills Mafia takes over the stadium by that much. One of the best fanbases vs one of the worst. We booked our flight to LA. Can't wait to be at Sofi. Go Bills!

For my money, Sofi is the best of them all, at least at the moment.

If there was one stadium I would travel to see, it would be Sofi.

I'll say 70-30 in favor of LA, but that's still a massive road crowd presence!

On 5/12/2022 at 9:21 PM, BigDingus said:

With the way our schedule starts off, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bills be comparable to the 2021 Chiefs. They had a rough stretch of games & hovered around .500, with people constantly talking about how underwhelming they've been. 

But then they quietly started crawling back in, eventually finishing as the #2 seed after some were predicting they wouldn't even make the playoffs. I hope that doesn't happen to us, just that a few early losses during all these tough games wouldn't be shocking. Even if it happens, I wouldn't in any way count them out or think they couldn't run the tables from that point on though.

I couldn’t agree more. Good teams compile victories against lesser opponents. Games against quality opponents are usually a toss up. We have a lot of quality opponents early in the season, so any early struggle won’t be indicative of our final outcome in 2022. Winning home field advantage is going to be the most important goal of the regular season. I don’t care what our final record looks like, as long as it’s good enough to take home field. Losing tough games is acceptable, we just can’t afford losses to inferior opponents. 

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

I couldn’t agree more. Good teams compile victories against lesser opponents. Games against quality opponents are usually a toss up. We have a lot of quality opponents early in the season, so any early struggle won’t be indicative of our final outcome in 2022. Winning home field advantage is going to be the most important goal of the regular season. I don’t care what our final record looks like, as long as it’s good enough to take home field. Losing tough games is acceptable, we just can’t afford losses to inferior opponents. 

Amen.  The Jax loss sent us on the road for the season ending loss @ KC.  🤦🏻‍♂️ 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.