(Pre Draft) Bills offered Panthers a trade for McCaffrey, Panthers declined

Dablitzkrieg

• Dablitzkrieg changed the title to (Pre Draft) Bills offered Panthers a trade for McCaffrey, Panthers declined

I don't doubt we made a "due diligence" call on CMC. But I kind of question whether or not we made an offer. Seems kind of like a game of telephone to me. There's been reports over the past couple days we called. I think outlets like Sirius XM are taking that story and running with it that we made an offer.

Even if we did, I'm sure it wasn't much. Probably a 3rd while wanting them to take on some salary of his large contract. The fact that we were in on J.D. McKissic as quickly as we were and then transitioned to James Cook says to me that the talks weren't all that serious.

5 minutes ago, Rico said:

Case in point, this is an article saying we made an offer. But the sources they're quoting to form the article all just said we called on him. Calling about a player doesn't denote a formal offer.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I said Beane and McDermott was trying to rebuild the 2015 Panthers team. 

Well that would be interesting since McCaffrey wasn’t on that team. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Per NFL radio on Sirius XM.  No link, my apologies.  This was pre draft so obviously they got Cook to fill the need, but interesting 

So glad that didn't go through. Would hate to get a RB that can only play 6 games a year.

• Vomit 1

40 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Bills really wanted a RB they could play at WR.

I guess we want to run this play as no one can really cover it now…. A LB can cover Cook is my impression.

If you have this match up what a defense chooses to do to stop it should open up other things.

This offense, with Cook on the field, ought to be pretty similar to what we ran wih end we had the Thurmanator….

If the defense stays big we pass to Cook or whomever, if they try to matchup in the pass game, we run it to Cook. Let our OL have some fun.

It looks like KD wants to be even more matchup happy than Daboll…. And moreso, I think we want to use Allen as a runner less…

We’ll use him a blocker instead….

😃

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

I guess we want to run this play as no one can really cover it now…. A LB can cover Cook is my impression.

If you have this match up what a defense chooses to do to stop it should open up other things.

This offense, with Cook on the field, ought to be pretty similar to what we ran wih end we had the Thurmanator….

If the defense stays big we pass to Cook or whomever, if they try to matchup in the pass game, we run it to Cook. Let our OL have some fun.

It looks like KD wants to be even more matchup happy than Daboll…. And moreso, I think we want to use Allen as a runner less…

We’ll use him a blocker instead….

😃

Great post.  Creating mismatches is what the nfl is all about imo. Cook is the ultimate mismatch maker. His route running is so smooth.  Diggs will teach him some of his some tricks.   LBers be like 😱 

If it’s 1 on 1 with a Lb, spread him out wide and let him go to work.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.