Planning to come to Buffalo for Titans MNF

Southern_Bills

5 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

Never been to the stadium,  basic question. Is there a part of the stadium that you would prefer to sit in, or is it like NOLA and not a bad seat in the house?

Early September (no snow), at night (no sun)... there really isnt a bad seat in the house.

Personally, I don't go too high up in the upper deck, but that's cause my vision sucks from that far.

I prefer the corners of the lower bowl, about 20-30 rows up. Club seats if you're fancy. Or the first group of rows in the upper deck.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

Never been to the stadium,  basic question. Is there a part of the stadium that you would prefer to sit in, or is it like NOLA and not a bad seat in the house?

Nice, you’re gonna love it, I was there for the first time last year at the home opener against Pittsburgh!!!  Had an amazing time and loved meeting fellow TSW members!

Lower 100 seats in the end zone or corner of the field might seem like a good idea because you are close to the action but when the teams are on the other side of the field it's almost impossible to see what's going on so you end up watching the jumbotron half the game. I'd prefer upper deck over anything close to the field that's not between the 20's (somewhat mid field). And the upper deck seats are cheaper so there you go, I saved you some money 💰

• Like (+1) 1

Low level of me zones are just as cheap as upper deck tickets. So if your deciding where you want to sit and what kind of atmosphere you want. I’ll say this, there’s nothing more energetic as the end zone your in when the action is right there. But be prepared to watch on the Jumbotron when they get on the other side of the 50. 

sideline seats are like watching at home. Which is a great thing but also a bad thing. If you want super rowdy and craziness to be going on around you, your better off sitting in the end zones or upper decks. Between the 30s on the sideline seem to be more of a sit in your hands crowd. 

before anyone wants to criticize me, don’t bother, I’ve sat in club seats for pretty much the last 3 seasons of games we could actually attend, and I couldn’t tell you how many times I was told to sit down, or quiet down so others around me wouldn’t be bothered. I’ve sat in the end zones since 2006 and there is nothing like it from an experience standpoint. 

just my opinion. 

Mid way up, upper deck, closest to midfield you can afford.  Cheapest seats are upper deck on the ends and tend to be infested with opposing fans.  Night game doesn't matter which side. 

A day game in September you don't want to be on Sun side.  A day game afterwards you always want to be on the Sun side.

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks for the replies, it definitely helps. 

So I don't have to make another post, can someone kindly point me in the direction of a hotel that isn't far from the stadium but still close enough to be able to go to Buffalo and check out some bars/restaurants and what not?

Thanks again. 

58 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Early September (no snow), at night (no sun)... there really isnt a bad seat in the house.

Personally, I don't go too high up in the upper deck, but that's cause my vision sucks from that far.

I prefer the corners of the lower bowl, about 20-30 rows up. Club seats if you're fancy. Or the first group of rows in the upper deck.

Definitely not fancy lol

5 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

So I don't have to make another post, can someone kindly point me in the direction of a hotel that isn't far from the stadium but still close enough to be able to go to Buffalo and check out some bars/restaurants and what not?

Thanks again. 

Definitely not fancy lol

All the surrounding suburbs are fairly close and accessible to the city 

Stadium is in orchard Park not a lot around there...

You can get a hotel near the airport in cheektowaga.. and you could be a 10 minute drive from the city or 20 minutes from the stadium 

Pretty centrally located to where you can go downtown and go to orchard Park pretty easily

Edited by Buffalo716

1 hour ago, Southern_Bills said:

Thanks again. 

Definitely not fancy lol

Believe it or not there aren't a lot of hotels nearby. The ones that are are mostly crappy motels. You might as well stay around downtown or the airport. Airport has some nice budget type places. Downtown will be more expensive but nicer and closer to nightlife and restaurants. Use Hotels.com, set the search by highest customer rating, then scroll down until you find the price you like. Keep in mind, local hotels are going to raise prices that weekend, if they haven't already. Better to book asap.

3 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

People say there isn’t a bad seat in the house, but I disagree.

The club seats are where to be. Without question. From the sight lines, to the concessions, to the nicer bathrooms, nothing else in the stadium comes close.

2 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

Thanks again. 

Definitely not fancy lol

This old resource may help you out.  Sorry have not updated site for a while.

https://members.tripod.com/g_host/buffalo/index.html

https://members.tripod.com/g_host/buffalo/hotels.html

Map links don't work for they used mapsonus.com site before big boy takeover.

2 hours ago, mrags said:

Low level of me zones are just as cheap as upper deck tickets. So if your deciding where you want to sit and what kind of atmosphere you want. I’ll say this, there’s nothing more energetic as the end zone your in when the action is right there. But be prepared to watch on the Jumbotron when they get on the other side of the 50. 

sideline seats are like watching at home. Which is a great thing but also a bad thing. If you want super rowdy and craziness to be going on around you, your better off sitting in the end zones or upper decks. Between the 30s on the sideline seem to be more of a sit in your hands crowd. 

before anyone wants to criticize me, don’t bother, I’ve sat in club seats for pretty much the last 3 seasons of games we could actually attend, and I couldn’t tell you how many times I was told to sit down, or quiet down so others around me wouldn’t be bothered. I’ve sat in the end zones since 2006 and there is nothing like it from an experience standpoint. 

just my opinion. 

Yes, the endzone sections are rowdier. More of a party atmosphere. Can be fun, if you're in the mood. 

But I would never call the fans in the seats between the 30's a "sit on your hands crowd".  They are a "watching the game crowd".  They cheer like crazy. But during the play they are far more likely to be watching what's going on on the field than watching the fight in the back row.  Bills fan simply aren't a "sit on your hands crowd" no matter what section you're in, IMO.

I also tend to like sitting outside with the fans more than I like the suites and inclosed boxes. Attending a live game and sitting indoors has never appealed to me. Though I'll admit I have taken advantage of them from time to time.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Yes, the endzone sections are rowdier. More of a party atmosphere. Can be fun, if you're in the mood. 

But I would never call the fans in the seats between the 30's a "sit on your hands crowd".  They are a "watching the game crowd".  They cheer like crazy. But during the play they are far more likely to be watching what's going on on the field than watching the fight in the back row.  Bills fan simply aren't a "sit on your hands crowd" no matter what section you're in, IMO.

I also tend to like sitting outside with the fans more than I like the suites and inclosed boxes. Attending a live game and sitting indoors has never appealed to me. Though I'll admit I have taken advantage of them from time to time.

Well, I agree with much of this, but the clubs Ive sat in, it is not even fun to be there. It’s a similar view I get when I watch on TV except I have a really nice OLED at home so with all that being said, for those prices I’d rather stay home. But my end zones are a ton of fun. 

There really isn't a bad spot in the stadium.  I think the worst spot is the first row on either end because you can't see the other side of the field.  I have to rely on the jumbotron to see what's happening.  Unfortunately, that's the only place my 7 year old wants to sit because he's more interested in seeing the players close up in warms up and scoring TD's.  But that's okay.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

There really isn't a bad spot in the stadium.  I think the worst spot is the first row on either end because you can't see the other side of the field.  I have to rely on the jumbotron to see what's happening.  Unfortunately, that's the only place my 7 year old wants to sit because he's more interested in seeing the players close up in warms up and scoring TD's.  But that's okay.

Yeah, I made that mistake once at Atlantas old stadium, never again lol

4 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

Thanks again. 

Definitely not fancy lol

Hi south,

I'm out of town as well.

My son and I and a coupel friends have gone to Bills games the past few years.

We stay downtown.  Close to a bunch of brewpubs, restaurants and Sabres game if that works out. Not expensive.  Have stayed at airbnb, Hyatt, and Hampton Inn.

Its a pretty easy drive to OP.  We've parked in Hammer Lot and the really large lot across from Hammer Lot, maybe a bit further from the stadium.

Both were fun.  Friendly people, interesting antics.

Seats in the lower bowl corners 30 rows up are a really good price point.

Think maybe we'll try to hit up an early season game that isnt freezing this year.  

Titans First Round Pick Treylon Burks Struggles in First Rookie Mini Camp Practice Burks wasn't able to finish the 10 minute individual position drill session at Titans Rookie Mini Camp. The first round pick had to go inside after looking overheated and out of shape. Burks returned to the practice field later on but only lasted a couple more reps before going inside for the rest of the practice. The Arkansas WR was drafted 18th overall in the 2022 NFL Draft and has high expectations after the Titans traded A.J. Brown to the Philadelphia Eagles.

On 5/12/2022 at 4:35 PM, Southern_Bills said:

Thanks again. 

Definitely not fancy lol

Main St in Williamsville is very close to the airport, has a decent Hampton Inn and many bars and restaurants in easy walking distance. Sometimes I spend some time downtown, but Williamsville is where I grew up and it’s a great option. Downtown is full of good options as well. 

Just to pound home the point, do NOT be afraid of good seats in the upper bowl. The view is surprisingly good. But don’t settle for the ugly ducklings if it’s your first time. Look at your total travel budget and consider the minor increase to improve the experience central to your whole mission…..being at the stadium and seeing a Bills home game live! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.