Pats* renovating at Gillette Stadium

UConn James

7 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:
2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

7 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I'd be sweeping the visitors locker room for bugs and cameras.

Hell yeah.

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Looks like the Pats Ownership feel they need to lure fans to their over priced games now that they’re not a lock to win the division anymore. We’ll see if it works. 

The article was kinda vague on what the interior space will be used for, but I imagine there’s going to be a large gambling devoted area similar to what the Pegulas et al have described for our new place.

Gambling just seems to get butts in seats. I’ve never really understood the allure, an AP stats course hammered it into me that gambling isn’t a great use of money, nor have I ever really had enough money to just 🔥💰 / 💸.

Edited by UConn James
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, UConn James said:

Gambling just seems to get butts in seats. I’ve never really understood the allure, an AP stats course hammered it into me that gambling isn’t a great use of money, nor have I ever really had enough money to just 🔥💰 / 💸.

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned." - "Fast" Eddie Felson

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Hopefully we do this right and not typical NY state style.

I am not familiar with the NY State school of design.  What would count as "typical"?

Edited by The Dean
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, DQW87 said:

Thy're putting in a new state of the art hacker room that will allow them to hear coaches communicating, referee conferences, even QB headsets.  Plus a new video room that self destroys all illegal videos immediately after being used. 

what about high tech VR technology that shows/ hides penalties to the refs when there wasn’t/was

2 hours ago, The Dean said:

I am not familiar with the NY State school of design.  What would count as "typical"?

The cheapest looking design at twice what it would cost to build it elsewhere. 

Edited by Just Jack
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 5/12/2022 at 12:54 PM, The Dean said:

FUBAR

My comment wasnt about stadium design but site and area development.

Watched an Eire county politcian saying were aren't developers but would support any business trying to move there. That gives me zero confidence , which is the norm for NY state government.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

On 5/12/2022 at 8:23 AM, SoCal Deek said:

Looks like the Pats Ownership feel they need to lure fans to their over priced games now that they’re not a lock to win the division anymore. We’ll see if it works. 

Have they considered adding a Spy Museum annex?  Every P*ts fan I know has said they had no issue with spying so it would be very popular.

On 5/12/2022 at 8:00 AM, BillsShredder83 said:

My gut feeling is we won't. Everyone says infrastructure but idgaf. So what the city is booming for a week. 

Nyc is like that all the time. Quite yanking us around Roger, you been quietly holding our team over our head about a stadium. We got it done. Throw me a freaking bone hereeree

Efff the Boston globe too. I've never been on the site and they csnt even do one free promotional article a year. 

Maybe I'll sign up tmrw if bruins got knocked off tonight. Bathe in their tears 

I don’t think you will get it because it isn’t a Dome stadium in a cold weather market.. you imagine a SB there between say the Rams and Tampa Bay in a middle of a blizzard. Lol

On 5/13/2022 at 9:51 PM, P Riv said:

How many of you have been to Foxboro for a game?  Patriot Place is more than just a stadium, the entertainment complex is huge.  Look it up on Google maps/satellite.  

Also all built with Krafts money not a dime of taxpayer money.. and the state still screwed them because all he wanted was the roads to be upgraded and fixed.. which they didn’t do. Lol

4 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I don’t think you will get it because it isn’t a Dome stadium in a cold weather market.. you imagine a SB there between say the Rams and Tampa Bay in a middle of a blizzard. Lol

Also all built with Krafts money not a dime of taxpayer money.. and the state still screwed them because all he wanted was the roads to be upgraded and fixed.. which they didn’t do. Lol

the public treasury did pay for infrastructure improvements 

On 5/12/2022 at 10:57 AM, UConn James said:

Hell yeah.

The article was kinda vague on what the interior space will be used for, but I imagine there’s going to be a large gambling devoted area similar to what the Pegulas et al have described for our new place.

Gambling does zero for me. Afternoon WGR seems to like it.

56 minutes ago, In Summary said:

Gambling does zero for me. Afternoon WGR seems to like it.

Mike Dope is all about gambling and fantasy football.  He and his lapdog partner have been mailing it in for years, and it is amazing they still have jobs. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.