Bears sign Nate Peterman

Greg S

7 minutes ago, Special K said:

My comment was more of a nod to how pathetic Peterman was than anything else, however thinking back to Josh’s rookie year, don’t you think it would have been better to have Kaep as a bridge QB until Josh was ready than having Peterman suck for a half of one game, then have to throw Josh out there right away? At that time Kaep was a way better option than Peterman IMO.

Kaep was blackballed by the NFL not because of racism, it’s because he knelt for the National Anthem...now is kneeling  for the anthem the best way to get your point across.....probably not, but it also doesn’t deserve the punishment of being completely shut out by the NFL.

I will not defend Peterman. We all saw first hand how bad he was. Kaep was not blackballed because of racism. That's just an excuse everyone runs to. Denver was going to take him, even after kneeling, but wanted him to take a pay cut on a prove it type of scenario. He declined, the trade never happened, and he asked for his release from the 49ers. Seattle had offered him a backup job at one point and he declined because of money again. Don't pretend he didn't have options to continue playing or get back in the NFL. Let's also not forget that Kaep originally sat down on the bench for the anthem. He didn't start kneeling to draw attention to himself until after he had lost his starting gig to Blaine Gabbert. Kudos to him, his agent, and his girlfriend for throwing a spin on it real quick and capitalizing on the media attention. He's made more $$$ away from football than he would have playing the game with his lawsuits, endorsements, and other endeavors. In everything he did after that, portraying himself as a martyr and playing politics, of course they aren't going to be ringing his phone off the hook. Add to that the fact he was a 58% career completion guy, who was a system QB, and relied on his legs more than his arm. No one is going to be worried about him, especially since he was on the wrong side of 30 and the fact he would bring a circus with him. 

• Agree 2

18 hours ago, Utah John said:

It isn't racism, exactly.  There are more black QBs in the league than I can count without doing more work than I want to.  Kaepernick is being blackballed because he insisted on bringing attention to a problem the NFL wanted kept quiet, and because a third of America foolishly believes everything Trump says.  Trump used Kaepernick's protest as one of his many wedge issues, and his followers lapped it up.  And now the cold-eyed NFL figures bringing Kaepernick back would not gain it anything and would cost it a lot of Trump's followers.  For a heartless, soulless, amoral league, this is an easy decision.

Kaepernick's problems he brought on himself. He is an attention *****.

Still to this day, he has done nothing of real significance to make changes in this country with the issues that face us.

As for his abilities as a QB, opposing defenses figured out his game, and he began to struggle.

Then the 49'ers foolishly did not retain Jim Harbaugh as their head coach. You think that wasn't a big issue for Kaepernick?

Then there were all of those farcical workouts he did. He was not interested in coming back to the NFL or to play football.

Vince McMahon tried to get Kaepernick to play for the XFL, but Kaepernick would only do it if he got $20 million!

Give me a break with this guy. He is not a victim.

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I think Josh got a lot more out of playing in 12 games his rookie year than sitting on the bench.  Because of his drive, keeping a healthy Josh on the bench would not have helped him.  He had to make his rookie mistakes & learn what not to do.  You don't get game experience on the bench.  

I agree that Josh should have been out there as soon as he was ready, but I’m sure McBeane would have preferred to get at least 4 games into the season before putting Josh into the starting lineup. Why they thought they could get 4 games out of Peterman is beyond me. It’s one of the weirdest and most naive decisions of the McBeane era.

Thankfully, Josh Allen became the Josh Allen we see today, and the Bills don’t have to worry about the QB position for years to come!!

Edited by Special K

12 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I think that’s the big miss a lot of people have. The media circus that will follow wherever he goes is a big pain for the whole team. 

That might be true, but it’s pretty sad that there is more moral outrage for a guy that kneels for the anthem, then for the multitude of players, black and white, who beat their wives/girlfriends/kids, rape women, or threaten people with guns.......just sayin’.

• Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, Special K said:

That might be true, but it’s pretty sad that there is more moral outrage for a guy that kneels for the anthem, then for the multitude of players, black and white, who beat their wives/girlfriends/kids, rape women, or threaten people with guns.......just sayin’.

You ain’t wrong there. I have no dispute 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Special K said:

My comment was more of a nod to how pathetic Peterman was than anything else, however thinking back to Josh’s rookie year, don’t you think it would have been better to have Kaep as a bridge QB until Josh was ready than having Peterman suck for a half of one game, then have to throw Josh out there right away? At that time Kaep was a way better option than Peterman IMO.

Kaep was blackballed by the NFL not because of racism, it’s because he knelt for the National Anthem...now is kneeling  for the anthem the best way to get your point across.....probably not, but it also doesn’t deserve the punishment of being completely shut out by the NFL.

Absolutely not!  McD's bizzaro "QB competition", which NP "won" mercifully lasted until halftime of Week 1, before he came to his senses and understood the obvious:  your #7 1st round draft pick QB plays his rookie season.

Josh played and the rest is history.

21 hours ago, Greg S said:

(13) Tom Pelissero on Twitter: "Free-agent QB Nathan Peterman is signing a one-year contract with the #Bears, per source. Peterman — who opened the 2018 season as the #Bills’ starter ahead of Josh Allen — spent the last few seasons with the #Raiders. Now, he joins Justin Fields and Trevor Siemian in Chicago." / Twitter

That was us not too long ago…. Can you imagine the fans in Chicago?

yeah!

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Soooooo....Nate Peterman has a new team, but Josh Rosen is still a free agent?

Huh.

Yes, but Rosen and Peterman are about as different as Goofus and Gallant from Highlights magazine, like teef has in his office.  Oh wait, teef got rid of Highlights and replaced it with subscriptions to True Crime.  'Aaron Schobel: My Life in Stir!' 🤨

"Josh Rosen insults organizations that didn't draft him.  Nate Peterman washes dishes in the team training camp's kitchen after meals." 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 5/12/2022 at 4:46 PM, H2o said:

I will not defend Peterman. We all saw first hand how bad he was. Kaep was not blackballed because of racism. That's just an excuse everyone runs to. Denver was going to take him, even after kneeling, but wanted him to take a pay cut on a prove it type of scenario. He declined, the trade never happened, and he asked for his release from the 49ers. Seattle had offered him a backup job at one point and he declined because of money again. Don't pretend he didn't have options to continue playing or get back in the NFL. Let's also not forget that Kaep originally sat down on the bench for the anthem. He didn't start kneeling to draw attention to himself until after he had lost his starting gig to Blaine Gabbert. Kudos to him, his agent, and his girlfriend for throwing a spin on it real quick and capitalizing on the media attention. He's made more $$$ away from football than he would have playing the game with his lawsuits, endorsements, and other endeavors. In everything he did after that, portraying himself as a martyr and playing politics, of course they aren't going to be ringing his phone off the hook. Add to that the fact he was a 58% career completion guy, who was a system QB, and relied on his legs more than his arm. No one is going to be worried about him, especially since he was on the wrong side of 30 and the fact he would bring a circus with him. 

That isn't quite true. He stopped sitting and starting kneeling after a chat with Nate Boyer who was an army vet or a marine vet who advised him kneeling was less disrespectful. Though I do agree Kap could have had a backup job since then in the league had he swallowed his pride money wise.

On 5/13/2022 at 4:51 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Soooooo....Nate Peterman has a new team, but Josh Rosen is still a free agent?

Huh.

Nate Peterman still being in the league baffles me. He is legitmately terrible at his job. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/11/2022 at 4:38 PM, kenny3000 said:

omg, it’s almost criminal that this guy can get signed before someone like CK who is just much, much, much, much, much better than him. This racism is very real. 

Kaep has and never has had any real desire to get back in the nfl. 

Hard to blame him when he can milk Nike contracts, while turning a blind eye to Asian children sewing their finger tips off for 5cents an hour 😆 dudes a joke

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.