Bears sign Nate Peterman

Greg S

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Remember the days when we use to talk ourselves into thinking QBs likes Peterman could be starters?

He’s probably safe.

Not me!

I did not like wasting our 5th round pick on him. I was never impressed with the guy.

I don't begrudge his time with us, because I had no expectations from him.

That being said, good for him for still staying in the league.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Utah John said:

It isn't racism, exactly.  There are more black QBs in the league than I can count without doing more work than I want to.  Kaepernick is being blackballed because he insisted on bringing attention to a problem the NFL wanted kept quiet, and because a third of America foolishly believes everything Trump says.  Trump used Kaepernick's protest as one of his many wedge issues, and his followers lapped it up.  And now the cold-eyed NFL figures bringing Kaepernick back would not gain it anything and would cost it a lot of Trump's followers.  For a heartless, soulless, amoral league, this is an easy decision.

just cause you don’t wanna count how many black qbs are in the league doesn’t make this not racism. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Utah John said:

The first INT he threw in that game was a good pass that should have been caught, but the Bill receiver (a fullback whose name escapes me)

That would be Patrick "breasts on a Bull" DiMarco.  (I used the "T" word, as in "useless as t's on a bull").

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Haha (+1) 1

Will this league ever stop recycling crap players and coaches…, 

obviously the answer is no, 

why do I even ask this question…,

• Agree 1

Peterman has looked great at times with the Raiders in preseason the last few years, albeit against mostly backup level competition.

Would be interesting to see what he does in live action again if he ever gets a chance to start again. Either way good for him for finding a way to hang around this league so long.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Man backup QBs just have a way of sticking in the league. Hell prob have a 10 year career of being below average, save his body, and have a comfortable nest egg to fall back on 

..and as a worker, I'm very pleased that backups can stick around.They're making a solid living, earning millions, for only knowing the playbook and being a training camp arm and an ancillary contributor in the QB room. Good for them!

24 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Will this league ever stop recycling crap players and coaches…, 

obviously the answer is no, 

why do I even ask this question…,

..and the answer is: the college system can barely grow the talent to sustain a 32 team league. 2/3rd's of NFL QB's are not worthy.

Imagine the disaster when Roger Goodell tries to expand the league even further.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, boater said:

..and the answer is: the college system can barely grow the talent to sustain a 32 team league. 2/3rd's of NFL QB's are not worthy.

Imagine the disaster when Roger Goodell tries to expand the league even further.

The NFL talent level will slowly become what we see in these failed leagues that pop up every year or two and disappear just as quickly. That’s what greed gets you, 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Man backup QBs just have a way of sticking in the league. Hell prob have a 10 year career of being below average, save his body, and have a comfortable nest egg to fall back on 

That's like everything in life. Way it works... The ones getting it done are mostly ground up and spit out.

"...And there's winners and there's losers
But they ain't no big deal
'Cause the simple man, baby
Pays the thrills, with bills, with pills that kill

Aw, but ain't that America for you and me
Ain't that America somethin' to see, baby
Ain't that America home of the free, yeah..."

You have to tip your hat to the guy. I mean, he's probably made more money in his career than I ever will, he's not even 30, and he hasn't taken a real hit in years. He's still getting gigs despite whatever crap the social media dinks say about him. I love this guy!

He's the Ryan Fitzpatrick of 3rd-stringers. 

Edited by skibum
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, skibum said:

You have to tip your hat to the guy. I mean, he's probably made more money in his career than I ever will, he's not even 30, and he hasn't taken a real hit in years. He's still getting gigs despite whatever crap the social media dinks say about him. I love this guy!

He's the Ryan Fitzpatrick of 3rd-stringers. 

He has the best gig in pro sports, 

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Remember the days when we use to talk ourselves into thinking QBs likes Peterman could be starters?

He’s probably safe.

I totally see your point and remember those days well.

That said, Peterman was never going to be a starter. Even though we were tricked by guys like JP, Trent, EJ or Tyrod, almost everybody knew that he wouldn’t be a starter.

He was so bad, that for once, not even us bills fans were tricked. 😜🤣

Edited by BillsFan619

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.