Bears sign Nate Peterman

Greg S

59 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

I am quite sure I am in the minority , but Peterman  just seemed like a victim of "bad luck" , for lack of a better term, in the SD game. Stuff happens, maybe he just "doesnt have it" , but so be it.. easy to pile on.. 

The first INT he threw in that game was a good pass that should have been caught, but the Bill receiver (a fullback whose name escapes me) just let the ball bounce into the air, where it was intercepted.  It was all downhill after that. So it was slightly about bad luck but also was about not being able to rise to the occasion, or to regroup after a bad break. THOSE were the leadership failings that got him canned.

43 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

So how do I bet on the Bears to win it all?

Just send me the money.  I'll spend it all and not give you anything in return, but that's all you'd get anyway.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, kenny3000 said:

omg, it’s almost criminal that this guy can get signed before someone like CK who is just much, much, much, much, much better than him. This racism is very real. 

It isn't racism, exactly.  There are more black QBs in the league than I can count without doing more work than I want to.  Kaepernick is being blackballed because he insisted on bringing attention to a problem the NFL wanted kept quiet, and because a third of America foolishly believes everything Trump says.  Trump used Kaepernick's protest as one of his many wedge issues, and his followers lapped it up.  And now the cold-eyed NFL figures bringing Kaepernick back would not gain it anything and would cost it a lot of Trump's followers.  For a heartless, soulless, amoral league, this is an easy decision.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

53 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

I agree , just saying , bad luck, or no skill set, whatever, , feel a bit  bad ,thats all. 

Bad luck?  The guy has made 5 million dollars over 5 years at a job he isn't good at.  He was given the starting job opportunity that he never deserved in Buffalo.

This guy is clearly the opposite of "bad luck"....

• Agree 5

1 hour ago, dwight in philly said:

I agree , just saying , bad luck, or no skill set, whatever, , feel a bit  bad ,thats all. 

I used to feel bad, but can't help but think the guy is more fortunate, than unlucky at this point.  How many guys throw 5 picks in a half of football and have nearly $5 million in career earnings to show for it?  You don't like to see a nice guy like Nate become the punchline that he is, but he's got a loving family and a load of cash compared to most working stiffs.  I doubt he's feeling sorry for himself.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I used to feel bad, but can't help but think the guy is more fortunate, than unlucky at this point.  How many guys throw 5 picks in a half of football and have nearly $5 million in career earnings to show for it?  You don't like to see a nice guy like Nate become the punchline that he is, but he's got a loving family and a load of cash compared to most working stiffs.  I doubt he's feeling sorry for himself.

Of course.. 

22 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Bad luck?  The guy has made 5 million dollars over 5 years at a job he isn't good at.  He was given the starting job opportunity that he never deserved in Buffalo.

This guy is clearly the opposite of "bad luck"....

Obviously , didnt go there about the financial aspects , assumed that , but in a "football sense" feel a bit bad 

21 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

Of course.. 

Obviously , didnt go there about the financial aspects , assumed that , but in a "football sense" feel a bit bad 

Why feel bad?  He was given an opportunity few have.  He wasn’t up to it, yet he’s still getting chances.  Don’t know what you feel bad about in this case.  He’s living the dream.

2 hours ago, dwight in philly said:

I am quite sure I am in the minority , but Peterman  just seemed like a victim of "bad luck" , for lack of a better term, in the SD game. Stuff happens, maybe he just "doesnt have it" , but so be it.. easy to pile on.. 

The guy had his chance and did prove to have “it.”  I agree that it is easy to pile on and at this point we should all be very happy that those dreadful years of awful QB play in Buffalo are in the rear view mirror.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I was at that game.  It wasn’t bad luck, it was a bad arm.  He just didn’t have the arm strength and it’s a major limitation.  

I would actually take EJ over Peterman.  That ain’t saying much though.  

Come on now . . . . we are talking bout EJ Manuel, right? 

I'm glad he's still hanging around. As much as I like McD as our coach, he mishandled Peterman. That San Diego game - on the road, against one of the best pass rushes in the league at that time - was not the time or place to experiment w/ a rookie.

Peterman didn't deserve that and all of the national infamy that followed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.