Tyrann Mathieu Contract…Poyer?

3 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

No way.  I’d love it, but won’t happen.  Probably $11 mil. for two years may make him happy.  Calculated

gambke bit he hasn’t lost anything g to date.

Probably will be higher on average but the key is the guaranteed money. Give him the same deal but make it fully guaranteed. Maybe 3 years $30 million fully guaranteed. That puts him right up there with the top safeties in guaranteed money.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

9 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Is a ‘git r done Beanie’ appropriate here? 🤔

HUDS, I scanned the emojis and I don't know what to think here.

Yes?  Maybe?  Does it hurt us?  Would he take it?  

If we are effectively talking a two year deal with little to no dead money consequences I could be in.

This is so easy when you know the guys are going to be here a few years, but with some it gets tricky.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

If we are effectively talking a two year deal with little to no dead money consequences I could be in.

This is so easy when you know the guys are going to be here a few years, but with some it gets tricky.

I also hear that wifey may be expecting premium dollars for this, his likely last significant K…so if she’s not on board with what the Bills are offering, he won’t be either, imho. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I also hear that wifey may be expecting premium dollars for this, his likely last significant K…so if she’s not on board with what the Bills are offering, he won’t be either, imho. 

Tell her to sign up for onlyfans if she wants to control how much money she gets. 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

hmm, Poyer has to be looking at min 2+ years extension...how many age 30+ extensions can you do before it becomes a bad idea esp at safety most esp with two young vets as backups, one of which becomes a UFA as well ?

with Josh contract exploding, Knox (likely) and edmunds (possible - no debate intended)  extensions...not sure if this works unless they add dead-void years...

wondering how much the cap goes up next season if they decide to do it to absorb

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

this is a 3 year with voidable 4th to put dead money into a year he wouldn’t even be on the team. 

not saying it’s bad but it’s not a 3 year you bail on in 2 with no dead 

• Thank you (+1) 1

If my name is Brandon Beane (it’s not) 

I would be putting a stipulation into Poyers contract. 

Tell your wife to DM me (insert inappropriate joke here) before running her mouth on social media since this front office has taken care of pretty much everyone on the team.

It’s a bad look and seems really unnecessary. It’s not like talent isn’t getting taken care of by this regime. 

I just don't think keeping BOTH 30-plus safeties is smart beyond 2022. Sure it would be ideal to keep them both until they both retire. But that's not smart given the cost and potentially diminishing returns. Heck, the cost alone says DON'T PAY THEM BOTH.

Cap distribution with an elite QB and WR suggests only ONE high-end veteran safety can be afforded. Distribute the remaining funds elsewhere and continue to draft well. We haven't seen much if any dropoff recently when Johnson and Hamlin have BRIEFLY (attackable point) seen the field. 

I don’t think Beane has any intention of paying Poyer close to this contract or term, and I suspect Poyer is looking for more.  He has younger players he would rather pay next year.  Sad but likely true.  

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, FLFan said:

I don’t think Beane has any intention of paying Poyer close to this contract or term, and I suspect Poyer is looking for more.  He has younger players he would rather pay next year.  Sad but likely true.  

I honestly think they drafted Bernard to take that spot or they move Johnson there and have Bernard play the nickel.  Poyer has been under appreciated but I don't think Beane can squeeze the money he wants in, unless its a 4-5 year deal with guaranteed money spread out and backloaded and voidable after 2-3 years, aka Von Miller. 

20 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Probably will be higher on average but the key is the guaranteed money. Give him the same deal but make it fully guaranteed. Maybe 3 years $30 million fully guaranteed. That puts him right up there with the top safeties in guaranteed money.

Why pay him more then the better safety who just signed?

It's a twi way street. He needs to accept that if he wants to be on the team he may have to come in under it.

But it looks like all he wants is money this go around and im not knocking him just stating the obvious.

You don't change agents not expecting a payday

Edited by Sharky7337

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.