Whatever happened to Aaron Schobel?

Peevo

On 5/14/2022 at 1:47 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

How does that make him a priority over Byrd?  

Because he didn't have a big charity like every modern NFL player can afford to......... because he was working as an auto technician in Buffalo to make ends meet in the offseason?  :rolleyes:

And Byrd is an actual born and bred NY'er........a rare thing.........and from an area of the state where allegiances are split and there is room to make inroads.

It's inexplicable why he is not on the wall.

We all love Fred Jackson........except @Freddie's Dead of course..........part of our group is seated right next to where his family seats were.   His MIL has shared a tandem snuggie with our chef Gianni O

61ubO40zlxL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

.............but you really aren't making any kind of point...............you are just pulling out a straw man to support your recency bias.

OJ is on the wall because he's such a fine human being 😎

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I'd probably say Ron McDole should be up there before Fred also...two time pro bowler, once all pro, two time AFL champion...

Huh?

There are at least two players that should if not more of the older AFL Bills...

Butch Byrd and Ron McDole should be up before Fred without question.

Yeah, that's the thing.........there were a lot of good players from that era that get overlooked that had better careers than Freddie.   Ben Williams is another DL who had a better prime than Freddie.

As an aside........McDole and my grandfather were business partners during his Redskins years.   I had one of those 1970's foam trucker hats with an iron-on patch with some terrible logo with a football on it that they had made up.   

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, without a drought said:

I hear he's in the witness protection program,  hiding out from the Bills Mafia.

Never go against the family, Aaron.

• Haha (+1) 2

On 5/12/2022 at 2:08 PM, 2003Contenders said:

Yes, that was without a doubt the best draft of the "lean" era. It was also the only draft in the Donahoe/Levy/Brandon era in which Tom Modrak did not participate (he was hired a few months AFTER the 2001 draft). Makes you wonder...

Yikes. Donahue/Brandon/Modrak so thankful for the current front office!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.