Whatever happened to Aaron Schobel?

Peevo

On 5/11/2022 at 11:32 AM, Peevo said:

Interesting.  Even still, this is a pretty deep dive to find any interaction with the man.

I guess my overall point is that, even if Aaron Schobel were to go up on the Wall, would he even show up at the stadium for the unveiling?

He deserves it as a player, but as a Bills alumnus/ambassador?  There's gotta be a laundry list of more deserving Drought Era players, right?

No one should be put on the wall before Fred Jackson is.

No one.

• Disagree 4

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

No one.

Butch Byrd was a 3x first team All Pro and played on 2 AFL championship teams.

Fred was a nice player who had a 1,000 yard rushing season once........but it is ridiculous to suggest he deserves to be honored before Byrd.

Especially because Byrd has been waiting for 50 years.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/11/2022 at 11:26 AM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

FFS, probably 30% of the readership here will now believe that verbatim. 🤨

Plenty of proof of this idiocy the past number of years...

• Agree 2

On 5/13/2022 at 12:30 AM, BADOLBILZ said:

Fred was a nice player who had a 1,000 yard rushing season once........but it is ridiculous to suggest he deserves to be honored before Byrd.

To me, the wall is equally about what the player meant to the team and community, as it is about their onfield accomplishment's.

I realize that not everyone shares that sentiment

But it is mine.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Dislike 1

24 minutes ago, Einstein said:

To me, the wall is equally about what the player meant to the team and community, as it is about their onfield accomplishment's.

I realize that not everyone shares that sentiment

But it is mine.

How does that make him a priority over Byrd?  

Because he didn't have a big charity like every modern NFL player can afford to......... because he was working as an auto technician in Buffalo to make ends meet in the offseason?  :rolleyes:

And Byrd is an actual born and bred NY'er........a rare thing.........and from an area of the state where allegiances are split and there is room to make inroads.

It's inexplicable why he is not on the wall.

We all love Fred Jackson........except @Freddie's Dead of course..........part of our group is seated right next to where his family seats were.   His MIL has shared a tandem snuggie with our chef Gianni O

61ubO40zlxL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

.............but you really aren't making any kind of point...............you are just pulling out a straw man to support your recency bias.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 5/11/2022 at 11:32 AM, Jauronimo said:

Yep, theres a big sign off I-10 for Schobel's.  Every time I drive past it I tell my wife how its connected to the Bills and say that one day we'll stop in for a bite but we both know thats a lie.  

https://www.schobelsrestaurant.com/our-story

Been to Schobels to eat and shared the same comments to my wife. The Shobel brothers both have memorabilia on the walls inside. Unfortunately food was good, not great.  Somehow fitting...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 5/12/2022 at 4:55 AM, BigPappy said:

The guy WANTS to be left alone, hence the NOT appearing in public for anything related to the Bills or football in general. He completed his tour of duty and walked away from the game. Maybe he has preferred focusing on his three kids and wife instead of meeting someone else's expectations on what they think he needs to do to stay in the public eye and the "good graces" of certain Bills Mafia members. 

On top of that, here's one of his statements to the Fox piece that was linked upthread: 

''I have no regrets and I appreciate the organization, Buffalo, their fans and (Bills owner) Ralph (Wilson) for putting me in this position where I was able to play for nine years. I'm not going to say anything bad about them and I wish them the best.''

"He's not gonna say anything bad about them." Clearly he harbors no animosity towards the Bills. 😆

On 5/12/2022 at 5:56 AM, nucci said:

wearing a blue collar

and Dickies work pants and carrying a Stanley thermos.

On 5/12/2022 at 11:35 AM, dollars 2 donuts said:

Agreed.  

However, I do believe if a good number of us protest outside his home in Columbus, TX, peaceably mind you, I believe we will be successful in getting him to change his mind from being the reserved private citizen and country Texan who enjoys his quiet life now to someone who is more interested in our needs and desires as a fandom, which means being part of our lives, but only when we feel like it, in...oh, I don't know, maybe a week?

Now, please don't bug me while I make the "Why the **** aren't you around, ***hole!  We love you!" placards...where did I put the red and blue markers?

I just pm'd you. I have a nice Sprinter Van RV we can use as the operations field office.

On 5/13/2022 at 5:42 AM, Spiderweb said:

Plenty of proof of this idiocy the past number of years...

There are some here who believe that some NFL players are paying... ah never mind.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 5/13/2022 at 12:30 AM, BADOLBILZ said:

I'd probably say Ron McDole should be up there before Fred also...two time pro bowler, once all pro, two time AFL champion...

On 5/13/2022 at 12:20 AM, Einstein said:

No one.

Huh?

There are at least two players that should if not more of the older AFL Bills...

Butch Byrd and Ron McDole should be up before Fred without question.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.