Boogie Basham optimism

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

Anyone have info on how much he weighs now? He's definitely gained weight.

Also, talked to a former athletic trainer over the weekend who worked at Wake and NC A&T. said that Basham and Darryl Johnson were tremendous to work with - always relaxed, dancing, hyped.

He claims he's lost weight. I guess he played last year at 285. Bills have him listed at 281, but that may be out of date.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, FireChans said:

So maybe sometimes determinations on crappy rookies are right.

Bills fans said that Eric Moulds was crap, too.

It's true that not every player makes it in the NFL.

It's also true that some players take a couple of years to develop and learn, and become better players.

Expecting automatic impacts from every single player is unrealistic.

• Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Sometimes they are and sometimes they are not. As a general rule, it is probably best not to write off a rookie. If a segment of this board had their way in Allen's rookie season, he wouldn't be here today...

I would love to know who wanted Allen cut his rookie year.

I bet most people wanted him to just play better. He achieved that, in spades.

Just now, FireChans said:

I would love to know who wanted Allen cut his rookie year.

I bet most people wanted him to just play better. He achieved that, in spades.

Short memory, my friend. There were a number of posters on this board who were adamant he would never be a good NFL QB. Feel free to take a stroll down memory lane in the threads during his rookie year.

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

Short memory, my friend. There were a number of posters on this board who were adamant he would never be a good NFL QB. Feel free to take a stroll down memory lane in the threads during his rookie year.

That’s not the same as wanting him cut lol. It’s okay to say it didn’t happen.

On 5/11/2022 at 11:43 AM, machine gun kelly said:

I know a lot of people hate PFF, but they rated Settle prior to 2020 season as one of the best run stopping DT’s in the NFL.  We didn’t grab him to sack people, but to stop guys like Henry from penetrating and blowing it out like that one play last year.  Last year we had him under 2 yards a carry until he broke out.  Jackson is also known for these abilities.

Oliver and Phillips are our penetrators.  Phillips may get back to form from when here with 9.5 sacks as a DT.  That’s rare.

Jones and Settle are beasts. mark my words

5 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Bills fans said that Eric Moulds was crap, too.

It's true that not every player makes it in the NFL.

It's also true that some players take a couple of years to develop and learn, and become better players.

Expecting automatic impacts from every single player is unrealistic.

Coaching helps :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

I thought it was obvious Thursday night. Long lean and mean looking.

The whole DL looks pretty jacked and mean.

D-line looked big and quick up the middle and quick and nasty off the edge. The secondary and linebacking core looked like it picked up from last season but with a bit more athleticism from the corners (which with Tre out is impressive). Looking forward to seeing how the Bills can dominate a Titans team that has had their number the past two seasons. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

I thought it was obvious Thursday night. Long lean and mean looking.

The whole DL looks pretty jacked and mean.

I also thought it was obvious. He looked noticeably slimmer to me (in a good way), and was significantly faster. His sack was a chase down of Stafford. Last year’s Boogie doesn’t have the wheels to make that play. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.