Any Baltimoreans On here?

plenzmd1

17 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

you are correct kind sir. Address is actual

West Hamburg Street, Baltimore,  and yep, no one walking alone in BMORE!!!!!

You'll be fine and should have no issues. It may not be downtown Hamburg, NY but even for a night game there'll be thousands of fans, tailgaters and police in the area.

On 5/11/2022 at 10:57 AM, plenzmd1 said:

Hey all, just booked a couple places on airbnb that can be cancelled in case the Thanksgiving rumors are correct. One of the nicer places is on Hamilton street in Pigtown. Now, i am an urban guy and don't mind a little grtittyness, but will have MIL with us and some folks who think Larkinville are the mean streets of WNY. 

Anybody weigh in on the location? Only couple blocks from the stadium so would be perfect for game . Have a place few blocks away in Fed Hill too,,just not as nice. 

Baltimore is a beautiful thriving city. There's a show shot there called "The Wire", it's about rich soccer moms quest for love, oh, and romance. There's a steamy kiss between the 2 fresh faced stars of the show.

Now, you're not going to want your MIL missing out on this tale as old as time, so have your charcuterie board prepared before you hit play.

Please let us know how she liked it.

• Haha (+1) 3

For those looking to go to Baltimore

Picture-1.png?ssl=1

baltimore-map-0.jpg

above are two maps.

you dont have to stay in downtown baltimore. The inner harbor area is fine   The Baltimore aquarium is one of the best in the country.  In the inner harbor the have various self boat rentals like pedal boats. Ft mcHrnry is where the anthem was written  by francis Scott key.

east side of inner harbor is little italy.

if you stay at a bwi hotel…you take hotel shuttle to airport then take the free shuttle bus to the rail station.  You can fly to dc airports and go metro subway to union station then MARC train to Baltimore.  I don’t recall exact fare but it’s around $10 or so one way.

21 hours ago, Turbo44 said:

Guys…how is Pigtown safety wise?

Pigs can be dangerous at times: "We report the case of a 49-year-old male found dead in his farm's pigsty, where a sow and her piglets were present. At the postmortem examination, numerous, severe blunt force injuries were observed on the body, with special regard to the upper extremities where massive injuries involving soft tissues, bones, and regional vessels, tendons, and nerves were present. The death resulted from severe bleeding from massive upper extremities injuries due to a domestic pig attack. Domestic pigs are usually placid but they can become aggressive if disturbed and attack humans producing severe injuries due to trampling, kicking and biting. Knowing the relevant anatomy, pattern of attack, and morphologies of wounds produced by particular animals can distinguish animal attacks from homicides, as well as attempt to identify the type of animal involved in an unwitnessed attack."

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34106425/

18 hours ago, djp14150 said:

For those looking to go to Baltimore

Picture-1.png?ssl=1

baltimore-map-0.jpg

above are two maps.

I was driving through Gowanda years ago looking for Point Peter Rd in Zoar Valley. I stopped at a corner to ask directions from an older guy sitting at a bench. He got up, walked over, and looked at my map. Then his expression became confused and he said, "I'm not really good at reading maps, sorry."

You're welcome.

On 5/11/2022 at 10:57 AM, plenzmd1 said:

Hey all, just booked a couple places on airbnb that can be cancelled in case the Thanksgiving rumors are correct. One of the nicer places is on Hamilton street in Pigtown. Now, i am an urban guy and don't mind a little grtittyness, but will have MIL with us and some folks who think Larkinville are the mean streets of WNY. 

Anybody weigh in on the location? Only couple blocks from the stadium so would be perfect for game . Have a place few blocks away in Fed Hill too,,just not as nice. 

Who are you?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.