Any Baltimoreans On here?

plenzmd1

Hey all, just booked a couple places on airbnb that can be cancelled in case the Thanksgiving rumors are correct. One of the nicer places is on Hamilton street in Pigtown. Now, i am an urban guy and don't mind a little grtittyness, but will have MIL with us and some folks who think Larkinville are the mean streets of WNY. 

Anybody weigh in on the location? Only couple blocks from the stadium so would be perfect for game . Have a place few blocks away in Fed Hill too,,just not as nice. 

A leaked Ravens schedule has the Bills playing at Baltimore week 4 on SNF. Its posted at the Buffalo Range forum. Who knows what the Thanksgiving day schedule will look like except that Detroit and Dallas are playing.

It's relatively safe..  Relative to the east side and west side issues.  Baltimore is a very dangerous city at night.  Day time is fine.   Use my rule, don't venture down any street that has no cars on it.  We go in the city a lot.  Never ever let your guard down.  Also be aware that Baltimore folks jaywalk all the time.  Watch for people between cars just walking into the road.  It's crazy..

• Like (+1) 1

Plenz, my friend, why wouldn’t you wait one day?  You’re going to know tomorrow.  

you’ll love Baltimore as that was part of my region with a. Previous company and my rep lived in Baltimore, not DC.  The traffic btw- if you’re going for a weekend and want to go to DC as a fun day trip is awesome, but you can’t go during rush hour.  It’s miserable even on the weekends.  Either super early or wait til 10 am.  

Have fun Plenz.

17 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Plenz, my friend, why wouldn’t you wait one day?  You’re going to know tomorrow.  

you’ll love Baltimore as that was part of my region with a. Previous company and my rep lived in Baltimore, not DC.  The traffic btw- if you’re going for a weekend and want to go to DC as a fun day trip is awesome, but you can’t go during rush hour.  It’s miserable even on the weekends.  Either super early or wait til 10 am.  

Have fun Plenz.

completely , 100% refundable. Waiting till tomorrow and either the prices for the place will go up, or not be available at all. 

I do the same thing every year for like the last 15 for Super Bowl weekend in Buffalo. Have hotels already booked for Saturday-Wednesday of Super Bowl weekend to be there for Parade. Can cancel till Friday before Super Bowl!

And I know BMore fairly well, just have never stayed in this area

Edited by plenzmd1

I live in Canton, Baltimore and not exactly sure where Hamilton street in Pigtown is. I thought that street was more downtown area but maybe there are two. If your MIL doesn’t like Larkinville then she is not going to be impressed with Pigtown. It’s not a terrible neighborhood but I wouldn’t say it’s the best either. I wouldn’t live there but that’s me. I also wouldn’t walk around there at night.  If I were you I would aim to stay in Fed Hill (closest option to stadium and bars), Locus Point (you may need to Uber) or Harbor East (if you are looking for one of the nicer spots).

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, wjag said:

It's relatively safe..  Relative to the east side and west side issues.  Baltimore is a very dangerous city at night.  Day time is fine.   Use my rule, don't venture down any street that has no cars on it.  We go in the city a lot.  Never ever let your guard down.  Also be aware that Baltimore folks jaywalk all the time.  Watch for people between cars just walking into the road.  It's crazy..

i usually stay in hotels either downtown or Harbour East... have gone out plenty in Fed Hill and this neighborhood kinda with a block or two from there...but like in DC two blocks can mean two completely neighborhoods

26 minutes ago, wjag said:

I went to the Baltimore game in 2016 and I remember Ubering through the projects at one point and it legitimately felt like driving through the set of The Wire.  Crazy for sure

• Sad 1

Unless there’s another Hamilton, Harford Rd. runs through the middle of it, it’s about 5 miles or so North of downtown. I would say it’s safer than staying downtown, but if it was me, I would be staying in the county, not city.

ETA My bad, I missed that you said street.

Edited by Rico
  • Like (+1) 1

Sort of related - My son (College Senior to be) is interning downtown there on E Eager Street from June 7th to Late July. 2 other guys and him are having trouble finding temporary housing for the 2 months, if any of you Baltimorians have any ideas.

23 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Sort of related - My son (College Senior to be) is interning downtown there on E Eager Street from June 7th to Late July. 2 other guys and him are having trouble finding temporary housing for the 2 months, if any of you Baltimorians have any ideas.

check Hopkins off-campus apartment rentals. Most students are trying to sublease their places for the summer because they’re signing 12 month leases, despite only needing their room for nine months.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, SDS said:

check Hopkins off-campus apartment rentals. Most students are trying to sublease their places for the summer because they’re signing 12 month leases, despite only needing their room for nine months.

Thanks - yeah - they're looking that route via facebook - some of Hopkins is in shady areas though, I think

Just now, Turbo44 said:

Thanks - yeah - they're looking that route via facebook - some of Hopkins is in shady areas though, I think

not that anyone would want to commute from College Park Maryland, but there are a crap ton of people trying to sublease their apartments for the summer along route one.

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Hey all, just booked a couple places on airbnb that can be cancelled in case the Thanksgiving rumors are correct. One of the nicer places is on Hamilton street in Pigtown. Now, i am an urban guy and don't mind a little grtittyness, but will have MIL with us and some folks who think Larkinville are the mean streets of WNY. 

Anybody weigh in on the location? Only couple blocks from the stadium so would be perfect for game . Have a place few blocks away in Fed Hill too,,just not as nice. 

You may want to doublecheck the address. I don't think Pigtown area has a Hamilton Street but there's one in Mount Vernon. 

If it's Pigtown, you should be fine. It's mostly nice-ish residential and short walk to the stadium complex. Having said that, if it's a night game, walk with the crowds once you cross over Russel Street. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Max Fischer said:

You may want to doublecheck the address. I don't think Pigtown area has a Hamilton Street but there's one in Mount Vernon. 

If it's Pigtown, you should be fine. It's mostly nice-ish residential and short walk to the stadium complex. Having said that, if it's a night game, walk with the crowds once you cross over Russel Street. 

you are correct kind sir. Address is actual

West Hamburg Street, Baltimore,  and yep, no one walking alone in BMORE!!!!!

9 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Thats an ironic question with the avatar you use 😅

8 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

I went to the Baltimore game in 2016 and I remember Ubering through the projects at one point and it legitimately felt like driving through the set of The Wire.  Crazy for sure

Driving though the projects wasn't nearly as ugly an outcome as that game 😅

Edited by Another Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

They could use a lesson in branding.  🤷‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.