PSL Feedback For New Stadium

corta765

3 minutes ago, K-No said:

So, how will this work? Let's say lower level sideline seats between the 40s have a PSL price of $10K each. But after weeks of marketing,  they only sell 50% of the seats. If the Bills then reduce those PSL prices, will they refund the difference to those who already paid the $10K each?

And what about years later? Can the Bills lower their PSL prices making it difficult for charter PSL buyers to resell their PSLs for what they paid?

I guess PSLs mean the end of STH seniority. If a person wants great seats they just find someone willing to sell their PSL and poof, they are sitting mid-field their first year as STH. No more working your way up to better seats.

My understanding is in markets where they adjusted PSL costs you either were refunded or it credited to your tickets themselves if you paid. If you didn't just lowered payment.

I think seniority will still exist you just end up either adding the additional PSL cost or if you already paid your PSL paying the difference.

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

For your second paragraph, the beauty there is, if you have seats someone wants, you can sell them the PSL for whatever you want. You paid $3000 for the PSL, but now 5 years later the Bills won a couple SBs and you have good seats in high demand? You get to privately sell it for... name your price... $6000? Profit!

I thought that the Bills control the PSL market for all sales? I could be wrong

1 minute ago, corta765 said:

I thought that the Bills control the PSL market for all sales? I could be wrong

I could be wrong as well, but the way I heard is that they were resellable/transferable. So maybe you'd sell them on the Bills' own secondary market site like they make you do with tickets nowadays, but you could still charge over original price.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I could be wrong as well, but the way I heard is that they were resellable/transferable. So maybe you'd sell them on the Bills' own secondary market site like they make you do with tickets nowadays, but you could still charge over original price.

You own your PSL.  Yours to sell at market price.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

…the beauty there is, if you have seats someone wants, you can sell them the PSL for whatever you want. You paid $3000 for the PSL, but now 5 years later the Bills won a couple SBs and you have good seats in high demand? You get to privately sell it for... name your price... $6000? Profit!

The Bills are looking to hire you to be the PSL Marketing Director. 😂

Buyer beware…

https://nypost.com/2020/04/25/nfls-psl-scam-made-even-uglier-by-coronavirus/

Edited by BTB
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You own your PSL.  Yours to sell at market price.

Which even in the best of circumstances will unlikely be anywhere near what you paid for them.  I don't really know that I've ever heard of profiting on PSLs happening, but I can't say it hasn't.  Since people tend to be going to realism-type arguments, let's be real.  This profit pipe dream isn't going to happen 99% of the time, if ever.  PSLs are a bad idea for the long-term of this team and its fan-base. 

I could be wrong, but I just don't see it playing out well.  If they do PSLs and they don't sell or just drive people away from going or signing up for season tickets, then there is an argument about the area not being able to support the team, despite the taxpayers having funded the stadium.  What we all thought was the solution to keeping the team might be the solution to moving it.  We would all know that is horses#!+ but don't think for a minute that the NFL wouldn't posture that way.   This just isn't the right fans/area to go for the PSL approach, unless they wanted to do for a very limited number of seats, and even then I don't think it is a good idea.  All we can hope is that the Pegulas think about how this plays out and are committed to keeping the team here, adjusting significantly if they choose the PSL route and it doesn't go well.

3 minutes ago, Ayjent said:

Which even in the best of circumstances will unlikely be anywhere near what you paid for them.  I don't really know that I've ever heard of profiting on PSLs happening, but I can't say it hasn't.  Since people tend to be going to realism-type arguments, let's be real.  This profit pipe dream isn't going to happen 99% of the time, if ever.  PSLs are a bad idea for the long-term of this team and its fan-base. 

I could be wrong, but I just don't see it playing out well.  If they do PSLs and they don't sell or just drive people away from going or signing up for season tickets, then there is an argument about the area not being able to support the team, despite the taxpayers having funded the stadium.  What we all thought was the solution to keeping the team might be the solution to moving it.  We would all know that is horses#!+ but don't think for a minute that the NFL wouldn't posture that way.   This just isn't the right fans/area to go for the PSL approach, unless they wanted to do for a very limited number of seats, and even then I don't think it is a good idea.  All we can hope is that the Pegulas think about how this plays out and are committed to keeping the team here, adjusting significantly if they choose the PSL route and it doesn't go well.

I am 100% convinced that the Pegula’s are being led down this road by Jerry Jones Consulting Co. 

PSL’s at a price the WNY fanbase can support is one thing.  Outrageous pricing that is going to force large numbers of long time STH to give up their tickets(or move to crappy seats with the “lowest” PSL price) is just the Pegula’s giving them the 🖕🏻.  This isn’t a case of them needing the money.  They could always tell Jones & Co, NO!  Instead they are blind sheep, doing what they are told.  It is pure greed. Nothing more, nothing less. 

10 minutes ago, Ayjent said:

Y'all talk like all of Buffalo is an impoverished 3rd world slum. There are enough people in WNY with enough money to afford the PSLs at the estimated prices leaked. And interest in the team is currently the highest it has been in 20, maybe 30 years.

1 minute ago, BTB said:

I am 100% convinced that the Pegula’s are being led down this road by Jerry Jones Consulting Co. 

PSL’s at a price the WNY fanbase can support is one thing.  Outrageous pricing that is going to force large numbers of long time STH to give up their tickets(or move to crappy seats with the “lowest” PSL price) is just the Pegula’s giving them the 🖕🏻.  This isn’t a case of them needing the money.  They could always tell Jones & Co, NO!  Instead they are blind sheep, doing what they are told.  It is pure greed. Nothing more, nothing less. 

You can blame Jones as the boogeyman if you want, but I dont think the Frackers are some benevolent entity only doing this for the community. Pegulas like making money in any way possible.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, BTB said:

Let's wait until the PSL prices are announced before declaring then unreasonable. The survey was just that, a survey.

That said, if you really think that local Bills fans shouldn't pay for PSLs or more expensive tickets, are you saying we can't support an NFL team? Because it sounds that way.

Let's be real here. We have a lot of trouble selling out games in winter. Even our freezing cold playoff game was iffy. Which makes me bang my head all the more when the owner insists no dome. I would gladly give up some fancy bells and whistles for a roof that guarantees perfect conditions for every game. We would absolutely sell more tickets.

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Let's wait until the PSL prices are announced before declaring then unreasonable. The survey was just that, a survey.

That said, if you really think that local Bills fans shouldn't pay for PSLs or more expensive tickets, are you saying we can't support an NFL team? Because it sounds that way.

Let's be real here. We have a lot of trouble selling out games in winter. Even our freezing cold playoff game was iffy. Which makes me bang my head all the more when the owner insists no dome. I would gladly give up some fancy bells and whistles for a roof that guarantees perfect conditions for every game. We would absolutely sell more tickets.

Wait and see it is in terms of the PSL’s…but you can take it to the bank that what they are asking about in the survey, is what they are shooting for. 

I’m not saying that fans shouldn’t shell out money for outrageous PSL’s.  I’m wondering if there are enough people to purchase the highest priced ones. 

…and it is a moot point, but I agree with you 100% that a fixed roof stadium was the way to go. Big mistake on their part.  

Edited by BTB

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Prices for the PSL's can be adjusted (and they probably will) if they are having trouble selling tickets. Happened to the Jets. Behind the end zone lower level they tried to have a PSL fee of $10,000 per seat. When tickets weren't selling they were dropped to $5,000 per seat. Fans had to put down a $1,000 deposit to secure their seats. They were happy when the Jets sent an e-mail saying the remaining balance went from $9,000 to $ 4,000 per seat on the PSL fee.

53 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Y'all talk like all of Buffalo is an impoverished 3rd world slum. There are enough people in WNY with enough money to afford the PSLs at the estimated prices leaked. And interest in the team is currently the highest it has been in 20, maybe 30 years.

You can blame Jones as the boogeyman if you want, but I dont think the Frackers are some benevolent entity only doing this for the community. Pegulas like making money in any way possible.

Whether there are people who can afford it vs. people who will pay it are two different populations.  Maybe it will all be okay, but that is a big maybe.  It's crappy to the guy who can't and I'd guess that those making enough to afford it and willing to pay it aren't making up a majority of the current season ticket holders.  The team is great right now, but what about when its not because that has been the case far more than not during its history?  The Bills fans showed up anyhow, because it was affordable and because the game day experience is great, but if you put that price tag on it both of those things may go away.   This isn't lost on people when they make their decisions.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BTB said:

There's no chance this is true.

No one outside of the Bills benefits by the sale of PSLs for this stadium.  Faced with the choice of paying his share for the stadium out of pocket or having the season ticket holders pay for most of that with PSLs, Pegula certainly doesn't need a consultant to choose which option is best for the long term health of the Pegula Lifestyle Fund.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

There's no chance this is true.

No one outside of the Bills benefits by the sale of PSLs for this stadium.  Faced with the choice of paying his share for the stadium out of pocket or having the season ticket holders pay for most of that with PSLs, Pegula certainly doesn't need a consultant to choose which option is best for the long term health of the Pegula Lifestyle Fund.

The Pegula Super Yacht agrees with this statement :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That’s the rub, it’s not about selling more tickets. (Hence the stadium capacity decreasing)

1 hour ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

That’s the rub, it’s not about selling more tickets. (Hence the stadium capacity decreasing)

The timing is perfect for the Pegula’s on this.

Currently they are capping Season Tickets at >60,000 and have a small waitlist forming.

The new stadium will have just over 60,000 seats - so the new cap will be what about 52,000 max for season tickets with many of them looking to lower PSLs.  They will sell out the vast majority of PSLs around the stadium and then have some very high priced seats left to sell on the secondary market.

The team is good and interest is high - sell out as much as you can and then use the supply and demand from a smaller venue to help drive costs further.  I understand people hate PSLs, but I think they will sell enough in the less desirable areas to be fine with it and there are more than enough people who will justify the cost.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.