PSL Feedback For New Stadium

corta765

7 minutes ago, corta765 said:

The prices I were told were literally this week so I would work with that as a range to start with. Buffalo is super cheap for everything league wide, many fans really do not understand that. The fact they even mentioned PSLs at just $500 is rather remarkable as in some cities the starting point was $5000.

Did they mention anything about payment options: I've heard (read):

1. Pay for it upfront.
  2. 3 interest free payments leading up to the opening of the stadium.
  3. 10 month payment plan at 8% interest.

Which makes them even more doable.

We're 5(?) years out from needing to pay this one-time fee. Start saving now, folks. Better than putting your money in the market right now anyways. :thumbsup:

22 hours ago, corta765 said:

I have thought for a bit now the days of going to a game super cheap are toast especially with everything online like you said. I would agree the Bills do not want fans who get $10 tickets, park at an off campus lot for $10, and don't spend any money at the stadium being the focus or goal in anyway.  

My favorite cheap spot was the bus lot...there was always some, or several, hungover sot who missed the bus and the group leader peddled his ticket for beer money for himself.  Never paid more than $10 for a bus lot ticket.

58 minutes ago, corta765 said:

The prices I were told were literally this week so I would work with that as a range to start with. Buffalo is super cheap for everything league wide, many fans really do not understand that. The fact they even mentioned PSLs at just $500 is rather remarkable as in some cities the starting point was $5000.

Let’s wait and see how many seats have a $500 PSL attached to them. My guess is they will be minimal just so the marketing slogan can be…”PSL’s starting at $500”.

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, BTB said:

Let’s wait and see how many seats have a $500 PSL attached to them. My guess is they will be minimal just so the marketing slogan can be…”PSL’s starting at $500”.

Don’t disagree it’s why I’m wait and see until the full numbers hit

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

They definitely don't since I believe the article is at least a year old and they were using current pricing. But a lot of teams already have PSLs and they don't get factored into that list, so ours wouldn't either.

Depends on how you look at the PSL since it is a 1-time fee. How long are you going to hold your tickets to spread that cost over? 5 years? 10 years? Plus, the PSL can be resold/transferred if you decide to give up your tickets.

Either way, original point still stands: Bills already have the cheapest tickets in the league (and have for decades). When you look at prices for other teams, and the new pricing, we're still low. Maybe we move up to...?... 26 instead of 32?

If Buffalo can't afford tickets in the bottom quarter of the league, then that is a Buffalo problem.

I understand a lot of folks will be priced out, but there should be enough to take their places. Don't get me wrong, PSLs suck, I hate it, but it is the reality of the situation.

If the PSL's are $5k to $10k I can see lots of average Bills fans getting priced out.

I'm seeing PSL guestimations peaking at $20k, if that turns out to be true that is over the top for the Buffalo area IMO.

My PSL guestimation will be mostly $5k or under.. However its a we shall see situation. 

Personally I plan on moving back to Buffalo about the same time the stadium is completed, If I can get a decent pair of seats at $5k PSL each then I will probably buy the pair. Over $5k and I'm on the fence or out all together.

Just now, ddaryl said:

If the PSL's are $5k to $10k I can see lots of average Bills fans getting priced out.

I'm seeing PSL guestimations peaking at $20k, if that turns out to be true that is over the top for the Buffalo area IMO.

My PSL guestimation will be mostly $5k or under.. However its a we shall see situation. 

Personally I plan on moving back to Buffalo about the same time the stadium is completed, If I can get a decent pair of seats at $5k PSL each then I will probably buy the pair. Over $5k and I'm on the fence or out all together.

…and don’t think there is a long line of people waiting to pay outrageous PSL’s when current STH tell the Bills to go pound salt. 

10 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Have the Bills announced what the payment options are? Its a lot of money but if payments can be spread out over 10, 15 years then it makes it more manageable for the average Joe.

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

Have the Bills announced what the payment options are? Its a lot of money but if payments can be spread out over 10, 15 years then it makes it more manageable for the average Joe.

From what I have read and seen there are three options: 1. pay full up front 2. spread payment in 3 payments up to opening 3. 10 year payment plan. Obviously this can change it is just what I have seen

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I have heard about payment plans, but nothing official ...  $5k over 20 years at 8 games a year is about $32 per ticket plus interest so guessing about $35

$70 per ticket at $10k.... 

4 minutes ago, corta765 said:

From what I have read and seen there are three options: 1. pay full up front 2. spread payment in 3 payments up to opening 3. 10 year payment plan. Obviously this can change it is just what I have seen

If the PSL is a separate bill $10k over 10 years is $1000 a year plus the interest which would probably add another $50-$75 per year 

Also another question is how much more expensive will the seats be themselves

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, corta765 said:

The prices can also change as well. Both the Jets and Giants tried to charge a $10,000 PSL fee for the lower level behind the end zones. Both teams quickly reduced it to $5,000 when ticket sales for those areas weren't selling well.  Both teams were selling season tickets for MetLife while they still had a year left playing at Giants Stadium. The Bills will do the same thing (most likely) while still playing at Highmark. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

My favorite cheap spot was the bus lot...there was always some, or several, hungover sot who missed the bus and the group leader peddled his ticket for beer money for himself.  Never paid more than $10 for a bus lot ticket.

That's how I got to see the Bills vs Eagles in 1999.  My buddy called me at 7am asking if I wanted to go to the game.  Having just woken up by his phone call, I said "Of course, I'll be right there" and hung up the phone.  Realized I had no clue where to meet his bus group before they left Syracuse, so I had to call him back and ask where to go.  Someone in their group couldn't make it and he knew I would go. 

1 hour ago, unbillievable said:

They should sell PSL's for parking spaces.

If they are reserved spots, and not the directed parking they have now, I'd do it. 

53 minutes ago, Greg S said:

The prices can also change as well. Both the Jets and Giants tried to charge a $10,000 PSL fee for the lower level behind the end zones. Both teams quickly reduced it to $5,000 when ticket sales for those areas weren't selling well.  Both teams were selling season tickets for MetLife while they still had a year left playing at Giants Stadium. The Bills will do the same thing (most likely) while still playing at Highmark. 

So did the people who paid the $10k for their PSL, get $5k back when price was reduced?

39 minutes ago, BTB said:

So did the people who paid the $10k for their PSL, get $5k back when price was reduced?

Nobody had to pay the 10k. All of this was going on while both teams were still playing at Giants Stadium.  The fans had to put down a 1k deposit while they were still playing at Giants Stadium to secure their seats. But when the teams realized overall sales were slow the price got reduced from 10k to 5k. So instead having 9k left when the new stadium opened it was 4k.  Expect the Bills to do the same thing so fans can secure their seats by putting down a deposit. Also season ticket holders with the most seniority will get first dibs on where they want to sit in the new stadium. At least that is how the Jets and Giants did it.

13 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I'd rather put $27k, elsewhere...

Everybody would. PSL's suck. Somebody has to pay for the new stadium and you know what they say about **** running down hill. Guess who is at the bottom of the hill in this case.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ddaryl said:

my PSL will be $10K per seat.

20 hours ago, noacls said:

If prices are anywhere near that the stadium will be empty. 

Those are unfortunately looking pretty accurate based on what I heard today. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, BTB said:

500 will get you the nose bleed seats.

I would plan on 5000-7500 per seat for just average seats.

Ok, previous poster just said his seats are 10K per seat.

Edited by JakeFrommStateFarm

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.