PSL Feedback For New Stadium

corta765

Having been through this new stadium stuff twice, one thing I've found out is that the first fans that get priced out are the longtime fans that have been fans for 40 to 50+ years.

By now they retired and on fixed incomes and cannot afford large PSLs.

It is sad when they are forced to give up their seats.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I’ve got to say this about the whole situation. For the people that have been arguing for the past 5+ years about building a new stadium. Where it would be vs where they wanted it. Dome vs open air, etc.

I find it hilariously ironic that those people that wanted an OP, open air stadium because a downtown dome with no tailgating would ruin the atmosphere, and wouldn’t make it a real home field advantage, are the same people complaining about expensive PSLs saying they will be priced out of the new stadium. What did you think was going to happen? The days of young 20 year olds chugging beers and smashing through flaming tables are coming to an end. The nfl, the team, the county, and the city, doesn’t want idiots wasting their weekly paycheck on games. They want corporate dollars. Entire families coming to a family friendly environment spending saving account money on jerseys for every family member at the stadium. $20+ beers, etc. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

PSLs are fan exploitation pure and simple and I think they will be a flaming failure in Buffalo.  The fan atmosphere makes Buffalo games what they are and if they go to PSLs they’ll get the same bland, stale, and over-commercialized experience where even your urinal greats you with sponsorship.  They always depreciate in value and leave with a hard choice if you aren’t interested in going anymore.  The value of the Bills is their fan base, and the passion on gamedays. I know people sometimes wish for a more family friendly experience but that’s not what it is and if you think ruining the experience with higher costs and a stale experience is good for family outings at an NFL game…oh boy.  Great now everyone can go and no one will be satisfied and they’ll have drained you of significant funds for something that was free and better on TV because the atmosphere sucks like most NFL games around the league.  Honestly, it’s amazing stadiums are as full as they are but much of it is do to these PSLs and how they know they have people over a barrel for years and they don’t have to worry about the game day experience.  Washington is a perfect example of how to ruin a great fan base by milking the life out of it.  

1 hour ago, Ayjent said:

Washington is a perfect example of how to ruin a great fan base by milking the life out of it.  

Washingtons destruction of their fanbase has nothing to do with the stadium. It starts and ends with their owner and about a billion other things he does wrong.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ayjent said:

PSLs are fan exploitation pure and simple and I think they will be a flaming failure in Buffalo.  The fan atmosphere makes Buffalo games what they are and if they go to PSLs they’ll get the same bland, stale, and over-commercialized experience where even your urinal greats you with sponsorship.  They always depreciate in value and leave with a hard choice if you aren’t interested in going anymore.  The value of the Bills is their fan base, and the passion on gamedays. I know people sometimes wish for a more family friendly experience but that’s not what it is and if you think ruining the experience with higher costs and a stale experience is good for family outings at an NFL game…oh boy.  Great now everyone can go and no one will be satisfied and they’ll have drained you of significant funds for something that was free and better on TV because the atmosphere sucks like most NFL games around the league.  Honestly, it’s amazing stadiums are as full as they are but much of it is do to these PSLs and how they know they have people over a barrel for years and they don’t have to worry about the game day experience.  Washington is a perfect example of how to ruin a great fan base by milking the life out of it.  

It did this to both the Jets and Giants crowds. Back when the Jets played at Shea and Giants Stadium both teams had strong fan support. Now many of the real fans have been priced out. Its a corporate crowd now and their are also a lot of empty seats at these games. A big reason for that is both teams suck but PSL's still drove many of the fans away. MetLife offers no homefield advantage for either team.

Edited by Greg S

I thought the PSL prices were fair, all things considered, but cost per game prices went through the roof. I currently sit in 111 row 12 and depending on which part you believe, my cost per game will either double or triple.  Way too expensive for this guy.  Enjoy your empty new stadium Terry and Kim, I just need a plastic seat to sit on.  We are a blue collar community, with the surveyed prices, you will price yourself out of many peoples wallets.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, corta765 said:

Washingtons destruction of their fanbase has nothing to do with the stadium. It starts and ends with their owner and about a billion other things he does wrong.

You’re 100% right about Snyder but the stadium is a horrific pit as well and is a factor. 

11 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

You’re 100% right about Snyder but the stadium is a horrific pit as well and is a factor. 

Oh I don't disagree there. WSH "SHOULD" be one of the NFL's premier teams... the stadium literally collapsed and almost seriously hurt a player.

That pretty much sums up the stadium situation 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, spartan19 said:

I thought the PSL prices were fair, all things considered, but cost per game prices went through the roof. I currently sit in 111 row 12 and depending on which part you believe, my cost per game will either double or triple.  Way too expensive for this guy.  Enjoy your empty new stadium Terry and Kim, I just need a plastic seat to sit on.  We are a blue collar community, with the surveyed prices, you will price yourself out of many peoples wallets.

row 7 tix going for $343 vs the Browns right now.

1 hour ago, spartan19 said:

Yeah its too expensive. Giving up seasons when new stadium comes. Will still go to 1-3 games a here depending on after market price.

On 5/11/2022 at 11:43 AM, corta765 said:

I hate to say this but I think the Bills realistically have no issue with trimming the season ticket list down to around 52k and the remaining 10-11k (the new stadium will probably be 62-63k plus a few thousand standing room) for individual tickets which are higher priced then now. The fans get screwed, but they get more money and revenue streams. It 100% sucks that someone who has had tickets for 15-20 years same section will either have to move or just not buy at all and I communicated that is the nervousness fans have is what the actual price point is and if I lose my seat ive had for x number of years.

Unfortunately, I believe you are exactly correct.

On 5/11/2022 at 7:26 AM, Buffalo Boy said:

Living in Charlotte, I know a ton of people with PSLs which is how we usually get tickets to the games here.

Wait, you actually pay to see the Panthers?!?! I didn't realize those Sam Darnold games were that good.

Edited by chongli
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, chongli said:

Wait, you actually pay to see the Panthers?!?! I didn't realize those Sam Darnold games were that good.

Bill/Panthers preseason…. This year and a few ago.

Last real game was that Cam Newton/Tyrod Taylor stinker😱

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

A foreigner's opinion:

An individual's financial situation is obviously a key consideration. That said, you'll be watching Josh Allen for the next 15 years.

Even if you need to take out a loan - it's money well spent IMO.

It's really not money well spent. PSL fees are just a way for the owners to financially rape the fans into paying for the new stadium. If its a $1000, $2500, $5000 a seat or whatever the cost is it sucks. I think people can think of better ways to spend that kind of money instead of on a seat they sit in 10 times a year. Add in the fact that the regular cost of season/individual tickets is also going up on top of PSL fees. Unfortunately many people will be priced out from going to games.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

It's really not money well spent. PSL fees are just a way for the owners to financially rape the fans into paying for the new stadium. If its a $1000, $2500, $5000 a seat or whatever the cost is it sucks. I think people can think of better ways to spend that kind of money instead of on a seat they sit in 10 times a year. Add in the fact that the regular cost of season/individual tickets is also going up on top of PSL fees. Unfortunately many people will be priced out from going to games.

as I said ticket tax for a new stadium is far easier to digest

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, corta765 said:

as I said ticket tax for a new stadium is far easier to digest

You are probably right. I guess the Pegula's marketing research figured they could sell PSL's fees and still sellout a 60K stadium with 50K season ticket holders in the WNY market.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

You are probably right. I guess the Pegula's marketing research figured they could sell PSL's fees and still sellout a 60K stadium with 50K season ticket holders in the WNY market.

I would guess their survey results say otherwise. 

• Agree 1

PSLs are the biggest slap in the face to fans ever.  It's a way for owners to pass on construction costs to fans after the fans own tax dollars already financed a major portion of the stadium.

Now if the PSL allowed you to design your seat, select cushion, fabric, and accessories then we might be talking. I think many would be okay with a PSL if they could have a crushed velvet zubaz heated seat with a built in pez dispenser.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.