PSL Feedback For New Stadium

corta765

So I was interviewed by the Buffalo News for a piece they are doing on PSLs for the Bills new stadium. They contacted me about my opinion due to a twitter post they had and a response I made. I know many of you are season ticket holders and I hope I represented your thoughts with what I said:

-I said for PSLs I think everyone understands they are coming and while no one wants to pay more people are in a wait in see approach to what it actually looks like. 

-Fans understand the business and the direction things are heading, the greatest fear would be getting priced out or losing seats that you may have had for 10-20 years and having to move just because of cost

-I said the team has said that everyone will have a spot and they know they can't go overboard in cost for PSLs, but I said fans will want to see what those numbers look like

I hope that was a decent representation of where most peoples thoughts are. Like I said I understand that no one wants to pay more and it does suck with PSLs, but it is the cost of keeping the team in the 21st century NFL.

FYI these numbers were thrown to me for PSL range per seat:

Reserved seats (non club type 100, 200, 300): $500 up to $7000

Club seats: $6000 to $15,000

For the reserved or normal seats I actually do not think they are too far out of what would be considered within range cost wise especially as you can finance over 10 years so even for $7,000 per seat if you have two seats its about $116 per month. Again if I spoke out of turn I apologize to you as I am not for PSLs but understand it is part of keeping the team here and as a former season ticket holder (section 143 row 30 had two seats) if they said I had a PSL of $1000 per seat I would've paid it without thought.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Congratulations on your 15 minutes. 

Why does anyone with a Twitter account suddenly thinks it's their responsibility to represent anyone's opinion other than their own, let alone all the season ticket holders?

In this case he was asked and presented his own opinion 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Why does anyone with a Twitter account suddenly thinks it's their responsibility to represent anyone's opinion other than their own, let alone all the season ticket holders?

I'm sure the news asked them for their own opinion like they do for any other story. You can't believe anyone would read one person's opinion and think it's supposed to represent the whole fanbase.

All the OP is saying that they hope their opinion is the general consensus since they have a light shined on it where most of us never will.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Someone piss in your Cheerios this morning?

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

I was literally contacted by a reporter for the Buffalo News and asked if I was willing to speak for five minutes which I said ok to. This is a pretty big deal for many fans with PSLs that I took as seriously as I could and hoped I represented their thoughts in that light. I could give two craps about any 15 mins, I do care that Bills fans thoughts come through and I represented them in a decent level.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Thx @corta765, I believe that represents my perspective. I have 2 clubs and 2 lower bowls which I have had for quite a while.

In the survey I received, my remark was requesting them to send the final costs and associated amenities asap so I can make an informed decision.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

I think the question is why do you have to be a Richard Head? He apologized to anyone who felt like you do. Like mrags asked, who pissed in your Cheerios this morning? 

I’ll say this. I 100% expected prices to go up at least double. I’ll admit that some of the PSLs I saw were much more than I expected. But at the same time a bunch were lower than I expected. Based on my seats, similar area in new stadium, my seats were actually less than double, and the PSLs were maybe a little higher than I expected. But, there were definitely sections that were not much more, for a much better seat. Under cover, under heat, all while being cheaper than the current club seats. Which in my case is about 90% why I choose to sit in the clubs with friends as opposed to the end zone seats that are on my account, once the bad weather hits. Honestly, it would be a good upgrade for me, at a lesser price than the clubs now. Being a new stadium, I’m sure even the regular seating in that area, will have better amenities than what’s currently in the clubs now. 

• Like (+1) 1

This is not official, at all. But this Reddit post may give us a general idea of where we'll end up...

Reserved seating options

Location: Upper level between 15-yard line and the end zone Coverage: Minimal, roof canopy-adjacent Heating: None Annual price per seat: $990 One-time PSL: $2,100

Location: Lower level between 15-yard line and end zone Coverage: None Heating: None Annual price per seat: $1,730 One-time PSL: $3,950

Location: Mezzanine level end zone Coverage: Significant Heating: None Annual price per seat: $900 One-time PSL: $1,150

Location: Lower level between 40- and 20-yard lines Coverage: None Heating: None Annual price per seat: $1,900 One-time PSL: $4,850

Location: Mezzanine level between 25-yard line and end zone Coverage: Significant Heating: None Annual price per seat: $1,580 One-time PSL: $3,200

Location: Upper level between 40-yard lines Coverage: Minimal, roof canopy-adjacent Heating: None Annual price per seat: $990 One-time PSL: $2,600

Location: Upper level end zone Coverage: Minimal, roof canopy-adjacent Heating: None Annual price per seat: $750 One-time PSL: $750

Location: Field level enhanced end zone Coverage: None Heating: None Annual price per seat: $1,580 One-time PSL: $3,950

Location: Mezzanine level between 40-yard lines Coverage: Significant Heating: Above seats Annual price per seat: $2,080 One-time PSL: $5,950

Location: Mezzanine level end zone Coverage: Significant Heating: Above seats Annual price per seat: $820 One-time PSL: $2,100

Location: Lower level enhanced end zone Coverage: None Heating: None Annual price per seat: $1,090 One-time PSL: $2,600

Location: Upper level between 40- and 15-yard lines Coverage: Minimal, roof canopy-adjacent Heating: None Annual price per seat: $990 One-time PSL: $1,400

Location: Mezzanine level corner Coverage: Significant Heating: Above seats Annual price per seat: $1,090 One-time PSL: $1,750

Location: Upper level between 15-yard line and end zone Coverage: Minimal, roof canopy-adjacent Heating: None Annual price per seat: $990 One-time PSL: $2,100

Location: Lower level corner Coverage: None Heating: None Annual price per seat: $1,440 One-time PSL: $3,950

Location: Mezzanine level between 40- and 25-yard lines Coverage: Significant Heating: None Annual price per seat: $1,440 One-time PSL: $4,850

Location: Upper level between 40- and 15-yard lines Coverage: Minimal, roof canopy-adjacent Heating: None Annual price per seat: $990 One-time PSL: $2,100

Location: Lower level between 40-yard lines Coverage: None Heating: None Annual price per seat: $2,280 One-time PSL: $9,000

Location: Mezzanine level between the 40-yard lines Coverage: Significant Heating: None Annual price per seat: $2,280 One-time PSL: $4,850

Location: Upper level end zone Coverage: Moderate, canopy overhead Heating: None Annual price per seat: $750 One-time PSL: $600

Location: Lower level between 25- and 15-yard lines Coverage: None Heating: None Annual price per seat: $2,080 One-time PSL: $5,950

Location: Upper level between 40-yard lines Coverage: Minimal, roof canopy-adjacent Heating: None Annual price per seat: $1,190 One-time PSL: $2,100

Location: Mezzanine level between 25-yard line and end zone Coverage: Significant Heating: None Annual price per seat: $1,310 One-time PSL: $4,850

Location: Lower level end zone Coverage: None Heating: None Annual price per seat: $1,190 One-time PSL: $1,750

Individual premium seating options

Location: Mezzanine-level club seat between 40- and 25-yard lines Coverage: Significant Heating: Above seats Food and beverage: A la carte Annual price per seat: $2,800 One-time PSL: $11,200

Location: Mezzanine-level club seat between 40-yard lines Coverage: Significant Heating: None Food and beverage: A la carte Annual price per seat: $4,000 One-time PSL: $20,000

Location: Lower-level club seat between 40-yard lines Coverage: None Heating: None Food and beverage: A la carte Annual price per seat: $4,350 One-time PSL: $13,600

Location: Lower field-level club seat between 40-yard lines Coverage: None Heating: None Food and beverage: A la carte Annual price per seat: $5,050 One-time PSL: $13,600

Location: Lower-level club seat between 40-yard lines Coverage: None Heating: None Food and beverage: A la carte Annual price per seat: $5,350 One-time PSL: $9,200

Location: Mezzanine-level club seat between 40- and 25-yard lines Coverage: None Heating: None Food and beverage: A la carte Annual price per seat: $2,800 One-time PSL: $11,200

Location: Mezzanine-level club seat between 10-yard line and end zone Coverage: Significant Heating: Above seats Food and beverage: A la carte Annual price per seat: $2,400 One-time PSL: $5,150

Location: Lower field-level club seat between 40-yard lines Coverage: None Heating: None Food and beverage: A la carte Annual price per seat: $6,050 One-time PSL: $24,250

Location: Lower-level club suite between 40- and 25-yard lines Coverage: None Heating: None Food and beverage: A la carte Annual price per seat: $4,500 One-time PSL: $13,600

Location: Mezzanine-level club suite between 25- and 10-yard lines Coverage: Significant Heating: None Food and beverage: A la carte Annual price per seat: $3,000 One-time PSL: $6,250

Location: Lower-level club seat between 40-yard lines Coverage: None Heating: None Food and beverage: A la carte Annual price per seat: $4,350 One-time PSL: $11,200

Location: Mezzanine-level club seat between 40-yard lines Coverage: None Heating: None Food and beverage: A la carte Annual price per seat: $4,500 One-time PSL: $20,000

Suite seating options

Location: Sideline executive suite Number of seats: 16 Coverage: Significant Heating: Above seats Food and beverage: All-inclusive Annual price: $198,150 One-time PSL: Not required

Location: Suite-level living-room box in corner Number of seats: Four Coverage: Significant Heating: None Food and beverage: All-inclusive Annual price: $75,150 One-time PSL: Not required

Location: Suite-level loge box on sideline Number of seats: Four Coverage: Significant Heating: Above seats Food and beverage: All-inclusive Annual price: $54,000 One-time PSL: Not required

Location: Suite-level loge box on sideline Number of seats: Four Coverage: Significant Heating: Above seats Food and beverage: All-inclusive Annual price: $60,250 One-time PSL: Not required

Location: Suite-level mini suite on sideline Number of seats: Eight Coverage: Enclosed Heating: Climate-controlled Food and beverage: All-inclusive Annual price: $103,450 One-time PSL: Not required

Location: Suite-level owner’s suite on center sideline Number of seats: 16 Coverage: Significant Heating: Above seats Food and beverage: A la carte Annual price: $347,700 One-time PSL: Not required

Location: Suite-level owner’s suite on center sideline Number of seats: 16 Coverage: Enclosed Heating: Climate-controlled Food and beverage: All-inclusive Annual price: $214,150 One-time PSL: Not required

Location: Suite-level loge box on corner Number of seats: Four Coverage: Significant Heating: None Food and beverage: A la carte Annual price: $63,250 One-time PSL: Not required

Location: Suite-level living-room box on corner Number of seats: Four Coverage: Significant Heating: None Food and beverage: A la carte Annual price: $63,250 One-time PSL: Not required

Location: Suite-level executive suite on sideline Number of seats: 16 Coverage: Significant Heating: Above seats Food and beverage: All-inclusive Annual price: $267,700 One-time PSL: Not required

Location: Suite-level mini suite on sideline Number of seats: Eight Coverage: Enclosed Heating: Climate-controlled Food and beverage: All-inclusive Annual price: $77,100 One-time PSL: Not required

Location: Suite-level living-room box on sideline Number of seats: Four Coverage: Significant Heating: Above seats Food and beverage: All-inclusive Annual price: $60,250 One-time PSL: Not required

• Thank you (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

He was asked for his opinion and you weren't.Ice Hockey Reaction GIF by NHL

Edited by Dablitzkrieg
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’ll say this. I 100% expected prices to go up at least double. I’ll admit that some of the PSLs I saw were much more than I expected. But at the same time a bunch were lower than I expected. Based on my seats, similar area in new stadium, my seats were actually less than double, and the PSLs were maybe a little higher than I expected. But, there were definitely sections that were not much more, for a much better seat. Under cover, under heat, all while being cheaper than the current club seats. Which in my case is about 90% why I choose to sit in the clubs with friends as opposed to the end zone seats that are on my account, once the bad weather hits. Honestly, it would be a good upgrade for me, at a lesser price than the clubs now. Being a new stadium, I’m sure even the regular seating in that area, will have better amenities than what’s currently in the clubs now. 

I honestly wish instead of PSL they just said for the next 10 years every ticket has a $25 ticket tax per ticket. Figure 105 games in that time (10 5 years 11 other 5 with extra home game) in a 63k stadium it works out to 165 million. Obviously there is a reason for PSL and how they do them, but to me that is more equitable across the board.

• Agree 2

Living in Charlotte, I know a ton of people with PSLs which is how we usually get tickets to the games here.

It is an apples to oranges comparison, in as much as Bills’ fandom and Panther’s fandom are not comparable. Having said that, PSLs here are an investment and most holders don’t go to all and many not half the games. They sell their tickets. Some at face value, many for more than that when the panthers were good and demand was there.

My baseline feeling is Joe Sixpack is getting priced out of the Bills stadium like he has been here. Part of the reason for that is tickets are now completely electronic here which puts a major damper on showing up and getting cheap tickets before the game.

To me, it’s just another example of EVERYTHING being commodified and recommodified in an effort by big business/rich owners to milk every last bit of $ out of the little guy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

Nice job corta; you went above and beyond trying to give us all a voice with your opportunity. I’m no longer a STH and never will be again, but you represented my impression of the general consensus here.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

it wasn't anyone , it was him...and it wasn't suddenly

• Like (+1) 1

First of all, thank you OP for sharing. Mrags and anyone else who's unhappy about him accepting the interview, what exactly did he say that's wouldn't apply to anyone? He said:

- We expected PSLs to come with the new stadium

- Fans are concerned that we could be priced out of the market

- Fans will take a wait and see approach.

Yes, if you have unlimited funds you may know you're all in regardless of pricing he may be wrong, but I think most are concerned.

In my case, to keep my current 4 seats would require almost $20,000 in PSL plus almost $8K/year in ticket prices. Plus, I likely will be back in CA by then so it means travel cost. Much more likely that I'll cancel my season's and go to between 1 and 4 games per year on the secondary market. If I was confident I could sell tickets without losing money (including adding a bit extra to help pay the PSL), I'd keep my tickets, but I think that's unlikely.

42 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Living in Charlotte, I know a ton of people with PSLs which is how we usually get tickets to the games here.

It is an apples to oranges comparison, in as much as Bills’ fandom and Panther’s fandom are not comparable. Having said that, PSLs here are an investment and most holders don’t go to all and many not half the games. They sell their tickets. Some at face value, many for more than that when the panthers were good and demand was there.

My baseline feeling is Joe Sixpack is getting priced out of the Bills stadium like he has been here. Part of the reason for that is tickets are now completely electronic here which puts a major damper on showing up and getting cheap tickets before the game.

To me, it’s just another example of EVERYTHING being commodified and recommodified in an effort by big business/rich owners to milk every last bit of $ out of the little guy.

I have thought for a bit now the days of going to a game super cheap are toast especially with everything online like you said. I would agree the Bills do not want fans who get $10 tickets, park at an off campus lot for $10, and don't spend any money at the stadium being the focus or goal in anyway.  I think Bills games will be affordable for most, but that comes with the expectation you still are paying more then the past. The flip side as a parent with two kids now is we need four tickets and I actually am excited if they can provide some options pregame at the new stadium they may be a bit more family focused as kids and tailgating don't mix for 3 hours lol I would add that with games being a bit more the last few years I have seen far less stupidity in terms of fighting in the stands and bad behavior then in many years prior. I have thought somewhere around 2014 a shift happened and truthfully I am all for limiting that crap.

Edited by corta765
  • Like (+1) 2

If those PSL numbers are correct, there’s going to be a lot of long time fans sitting in the warmth of their own homes.   Pretty ***** to have fans that have been buying season tickets for 20+ years now getting to drop thousands a seat to keep the privilege of buying season tickets.  

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Heres what we do.  We get rid of psl's altogether.

Let's say the PSL revenue needs to be $300 million dollars.  Erie County runs a special lottery where half goes to the winner, the other half towards the $300 million.    Once the $300 million is reached this lottery would end or future proceeds going towards some sort of charity.  EVERYONE WINS!

BOOM!  

The Bills could do a special 50/50 drawing just like at the games.  Weekly or whatever.

Edited by The Tomcat

20 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

If those PSL numbers are correct, there’s going to be a lot of long time fans sitting in the warmth of their own homes.   Pretty ***** to have fans that have been buying season tickets for 20+ years now getting to drop thousands a seat to keep the privilege of buying season tickets.  

I hate to say this but I think the Bills realistically have no issue with trimming the season ticket list down to around 52k and the remaining 10-11k (the new stadium will probably be 62-63k plus a few thousand standing room) for individual tickets which are higher priced then now. The fans get screwed, but they get more money and revenue streams. It 100% sucks that someone who has had tickets for 15-20 years same section will either have to move or just not buy at all and I communicated that is the nervousness fans have is what the actual price point is and if I lose my seat ive had for x number of years.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.