Tom Brady will be Fox’s lead NFL analyst once he retires

YoloinOhio

18 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

My initial reaction was repulsion.

Then I thought about it, and I agree with you.  He should be absolutely outstanding and deliver new insights into the game.

So, I'll give it a shot, instead of the outright boycott I was initially planning.

Yeah, I could see him being just like Romo until the network tells him to quit it.

But he's not going to have as good of a co-host as Romo has with Nance and will be burdened by FOX's cheesy broadcast program.

FOX has a lead analyst for rules.

Teflon T*m will be the lead analyst for cheating.

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’m sure he’ll have good insight but man does the guy have 0 personality.  

No 0 would be an improvement.  He has a negative personality.

4 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Yeah, I could see him being just like Romo until the network tells him to quit it.

But he's not going to have as good of a co-host as Romo has with Nance and will be burdened by FOX's cheesy broadcast program.

He should be paired with Florio from PFT.

• Agree 1

In terms of pure football IQ I think it's a great move. Brady has literally seen everything the NFL has to offer and should be able to offer a lot of insight that some of the second rate players who go into the talking head field just can't provide. 

If I'm a Bucs fan though I gotta feel like I kind of hate this news.  It just shows that Brady isn't laser focused on "the now" with plans for the future, possibly trying to be a part owner of the Dolphins, this new talking head position, etc... It's all about Brady now, not about Brady and the Bucs.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

I get that Brady is a HUGE get for Fox Sports, but no matter how good he is, 75% (at least) of NFL fans will continue to hate him and will not want to hear his obnoxious voice or see his smug, cheating face.

While I feel the same way at the moment and just seeing a photo of him is likely to send me into some deep dark place full of rage I will say I pretty much despised Tony Romo as a player and wanted to mock and hate on him I've grown to like his work in the booth.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Billznut said:

Has any human ever in history led a more charmed life than Tom Brady?  7 SB wins, 300+ million in career earnings, a supermodel wife who has made even more money than he has and now handed 375 million MORE to do color commentary in the future. I don’t like the guy much, but you gotta admit he has had one of the most charmed lives I’ve ever seen a person have. 

200.gif

I’m sure he’ll be lights out, but typically once a guy has his retirement plans, his performance drops significantly.

You thought Romo was bad calling the play while a team is at the LOS, just wait till Brady is doing it, in detail, before the huddle is broken

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy

5 minutes ago, JDubya76 said:

20 years of watching this adopted Masshole play, now I have to see his stupid face and listen to his stupid voice for another decade? 

HELLO MUTE BUTTON!

Luckily, most Bills games are on CBS.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Billznut said:

Has any human ever in history led a more charmed life than Tom Brady?  7 SB wins, 300+ million in career earnings, a supermodel wife who has made even more money than he has and now handed 375 million MORE to do color commentary in the future. I don’t like the guy much, but you gotta admit he has had one of the most charmed lives I’ve ever seen a person have. 

Plus, thanks to his steady diet of virgin's blood, he'll probably live to about 300

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.