Tom Brady will be Fox’s lead NFL analyst once he retires

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Bradys biggest problem…is that he didn’t lose (very often).  In an era/generation where all the kids get a trophy…his throw back to throttle and pummel you over and over again…doesn’t sit well to some.

It doesn't sit well because he got caught cheating once and his team got caught cheating several times.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

I get that Brady is a HUGE get for Fox Sports, but no matter how good he is, 75% (at least) of NFL fans will continue to hate him and will not want to hear his obnoxious voice or see his smug, cheating face.

Actually, I think the wide spread hate for him has significantly reduced since leaving NE.  He’s become much more likable by being funny and entertaining.  Think this will be a good move for Fox.  May not be very popular amongst AFC East fan bases, but I think he is far less hated by the rest of the fans than he was while in NE.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shake_My_Head said:

That was my thought when I saw the report on his new gig.  I don't ever remember a single interesting thing he's said over his career.   That better change or he'll just be Joe Montana 2.0

I remember when NBC snagged Joe Montana to be their top analyst following his retirement.  That was a BIG deal for them (they handled the AFC games back then).  LOTS of hype and pre-selling.  I don't know if he lacked the talent, or his heart wasn't in it, but that gig was over in a heartbeat.  I'd have to Google it, but it seemed to be done in a single season; maybe it was two.  The point is that there's no guarantee that stardom on the field translates into the broadcast booth.

For what it's worth, I remember Jim Kelly being brought aboard ESPN (?) as an in-studio analyst.  That's another one that lasted a season, maybe two.

Not to go too far off-topic, but I'm not sold on Drew Brees at this point.  I know he's trying really hard, but at this point he seems to just spew out "athlete-isms".  There's nothing incisive there yet.  Not saying it can't happen, but right now it seems like "fake-it-until-you-make-it".

Long story short - let's see how Brady actually does behind the microphone.  He might not last as long as Fox thinks.  Because he might suck at it.  Others have.

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

People probably thought the same thing about Aikman but that's worked out well for both parties.

Love him or hate him though Brady's passion and intensity for the game will probably make him a good analyst unless he slobbers profusely over the Patriots when calling their games.

Wow, I am actually agreeing with Filthy Beast and of all things, Tom Brady!

Even the mot die hard Bills fan, if they want to be intellectually honest, have to admire the incredible hard wok and dedication he put in.  It just didnt happen.

49 minutes ago, Whites Bay said:

I remember when NBC snagged Joe Montana to be their top analyst following his retirement.  That was a BIG deal for them (they handled the AFC games back then).  LOTS of hype and pre-selling.  I don't know if he lacked the talent, or his heart wasn't in it, but that gig was over in a heartbeat.  I'd have to Google it, but it seemed to be done in a single season; maybe it was two.  The point is that there's no guarantee that stardom on the field translates into the broadcast booth.

For what it's worth, I remember Jim Kelly being brought aboard ESPN (?) as an in-studio analyst.  That's another one that lasted a season, maybe two.

Not to go too far off-topic, but I'm not sold on Drew Brees at this point.  I know he's trying really hard, but at this point he seems to just spew out "athlete-isms".  There's nothing incisive there yet.  Not saying it can't happen, but right now it seems like "fake-it-until-you-make-it".

Long story short - let's see how Brady actually does behind the microphone.  He might not last as long as Fox thinks.  Because he might suck at it.  Others have.

Kelly was terrible, pure and simple.

Brady could have some brilliant insight or he could be a total dud, I have listened to his podcast with Jim Grey and he is wooden and I think it sucks, play by play could be totally different.

I agree on Brees, I just dont think he has it and probably never will.

Don't you think you should see how he actually does in the role before you make him your 'lead analyst'?  

I guess they want to throw money at him and get him to sign up, but just how much impact does signing these guys to top dollar have for the networks?  I can't imagine a LOT more or LESS people are going to watch a game based on who is, or isn't doing the broadcast?

Has any human ever in history led a more charmed life than Tom Brady?  7 SB wins, 300+ million in career earnings, a supermodel wife who has made even more money than he has and now handed 375 million MORE to do color commentary in the future. I don’t like the guy much, but you gotta admit he has had one of the most charmed lives I’ve ever seen a person have. 

29 minutes ago, H2o said:

10 years and $375M to talk football and call games is one heck of a gig. 

Why on earth would he continue playing?  With that type of deal waiting for him, feels like only something  bad can happen if he plays another year.  

Edited by BuffaloRebound

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

I actually look forward to seeing him as an analyst.  My guess is that he'll be great.  There's a shortage of great ones out there, so I'm all for it.

My initial reaction was repulsion.

Then I thought about it, and I agree with you.  He should be absolutely outstanding and deliver new insights into the game.

So, I'll give it a shot, instead of the outright boycott I was initially planning.

😂

2 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

What does that mean?

Why do you not like fox?

If you have to ask...

There would be no greater cathartic moment in Buffalo Bills history than to rout Tom in the last game of his career, on national television, with a world-wide audience.  Football gods.  Make it so...

5 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Based on the number of Brady jerseys you see around, hard to believe anywhere near 75% hatred  if you exclude the fan base of other AFC East teams.  I think alot of the NE hatred is due to them winning so much and more due to BB but then becomes projected on Brady.  Yes he's had a few bad looks, but nothing off the field.

Read an article awhile back and talked about how you don't see Brady doing a bunch of commercials, movies and other off the field things. All he's focused on is winning and keeping his body in tip top shape.

🤔 The dude does a ton of commercials, movies, and other things. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.