TBD Associated tickets in new stadium

SDS

16 hours ago, SDS said:

So, I’m not even sure what I’m posting about here. But given this initial shake up, I’m keeping my eyes out for anything that makes sense. Whether it be taking over someone’s season tickets or trying to get a group together or buying a season ticket package with a group of other people and divvying them up, maybe even TBD fronting the PSL costs, but then get a group to buy individual games…. I’m just throwing things out there… 

Does anyone see a situation where they would like to get together with something with all options currently on the table for discussion?

I completely understand if this is an interesting to anyone given that we all have different circumstances. I’m just seeing what sticks.

I can't do it but I was in Schopp's Sabres group for a few years and know the mechanics of it, if you need help.  If so, message me on SS.  --11.

15 hours ago, sullim4 said:

I make the trek from Seattle once a year to go to a game, and sit in the clubs with my dad.  I usually buy on the secondary market.

I would potentially be interested in some kind of (timeshare?) situation with seats.  I'm intrigued by the idea of being able to keep a row or a block of seats in the TBD family and being able to go to games with "friends" here rather than randos who happen to be seated next to you.  Since I always buy resale, I'm often seated next to obnoxious visiting fans rather than fellow Bills fans.

I do think that things like undesirable December games against bad teams like the Jets or figuring out who gets dibs on playoff tickets might be hard.  Everyone's gonna want the early season games, particularly for those of us who travel from far reaches of the country.

I suspect it will be hard to make this kind of thing work - even friends in person sharing season tickets is like herding cats, but I would be curious to hear about any ideas that people may have.

I’m with you, coming in for one home game a year. I’ll be very interested to see what kind of ideas come out here. I get my tix on the secondary market most of the time. I like when I end up in a group of season ticket holders who all know each other. It adds even more to the sense of community. 

Maybe this already exists, but even if we just had a ticket exchange avoiding those annoying StubHub fees! I’m not sure why they bother me so much! 

OK, let’s put all those brilliant minds to work and figure out how to make something really cool out of this opportunity! 

8 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

I guess we can start with a hypothetical:

TBD arranges for a group of tickets (let's say 6)

First question is where - end zone, sidelines, clubs.

Next, who is the designated "local person in the Buffalo to Syracuse" area (because I found out this year they won't sell to me in the Albany area)

Then, what is the PSL for each ticket (let's say $4,000 per seat).  4 x 6 = $24,000 in PSL fees.

Then, what is cost of each seat per game. Let's say $250 per seat x 6 = $1500 per game

$1500 x 8 or 9 games = $13,500 per year for 6 tix 

If you had a group of 20 people that could commit to attending games, you could calculate what each person would owe

based on per seat/game cost (13,500 / 20 people = $675 per person). 

Man, I suck at math...I'm already lost.  

I think Fergie is saying he wants to pay the $24k PSLs out of his own bank account. 

FYI. I think this is an incredible idea. Getting a group of tix together and either raffling the opportunity to buy tickets. Or split then with a large group. Problem is, a whole bunch of people will want the opener. Pats game. Any prime time games. Etc. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, mrags said:

I think Fergie is saying he wants to pay the $24k PSLs out of his own bank account. 

FYI. I think this is an incredible idea. Getting a group of tix together and either raffling the opportunity to buy tickets. Or split then with a large group. Problem is, a whole bunch of people will want the opener. Pats game. Any prime time games. Etc. 

I remember sitting around the dinner table in the late 60’s fighting with my sister over who got to go to the Raiders game that year. (That’s when we went from 2 to 4 seats.)  Nothing has changed in that regard. Who gets the primo stuff and who gets the cold, wet Sunday in late December vs the Jags? I love the idea, but I’m not smart enough to tell you how to make it work. 

I welcome any good ideas! 

PS - Fergy is my hero for championing this, and I think he should get one extra ping pong ball in the game picking draw! That seems fair. 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I remember sitting around the dinner table in the late 60’s fighting with my sister over who got to go to the Raiders game that year. (That’s when we went from 2 to 4 seats.)  Nothing has changed in that regard. Who gets the primo stuff and who gets the cold, wet Sunday in late December vs the Jags? I love the idea, but I’m not smart enough to tell you how to make it work. 

I welcome any good ideas! 

PS - Fergy is my hero for championing this, and I think he should get one extra ping pong ball in the game picking draw! That seems fair. 

Hold on one cotton pickin minute. SDS came up with the idea. I’m trying to wrap my head around how this works from an English major POV. Good luck helping me. 

7 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Considering that they are selling them to ticket agencies who target people outside Buffalo area the stance makes no sense.  Because I am a Buffalo Bills Backers club president I get several emails a year from people selling tickets with tailgate included as part of price and they have blocks of hotel rooms at a discount.

They are doing it because they are getting kickbacks from these agencies which pay more than the season ticket price.

This type of thing has been discussed on Buffalo Bills club president board on Facebook.

Is this a know fact or speculation. I suspect these agencies bought the tickets before the Bill's ticket policy changes. 

They currently track how many games you attended and how many of your group of tickets are sold/ transferred and based on that data will refuse to sell current holders additional STs. 

They are no doubt following this post closely and will use the public information to adapt their policies to their benefit. 

1 minute ago, DieHardFan said:

Is this a know fact or speculation. I suspect these agencies bought the tickets before the Bill's ticket policy changes. 

They currently track how many games you attended and how many of your group of tickets are sold/ transferred and based on that data will refuse to sell current holders additional STs. 

They are no doubt following this post closely and will use the public information to adapt their policies to their benefit. 

I was contacted by ticket agencies last year.

7 minutes ago, DieHardFan said:

There was a guy on here 2 years ago that said something about buying 4 Chiefs playoff tickets VERY early, sold 2, kept 2, and pocketed something lol

Anyone know when you can do that? I think availability to purchase them like that must be a team to team stance. Would like to repeat said maneuver 😆

15 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

There was a guy on here 2 years ago that said something about buying 4 Chiefs playoff tickets VERY early, sold 2, kept 2, and pocketed something lol

Anyone know when you can do that? I think availability to purchase them like that must be a team to team stance. Would like to repeat said maneuver 😆

Probably bought them from a ST holder after playoffs were probable or certain.

I have good seats and made a little selling them but learned from the 90's not to buy any extra nosebleeds.

Bills fans talk like they want playoff tickets but aren't willing to shell out the cash. Look at what tickets actually went for, for the NE game. Many were below cost.

Edited by DieHardFan
Fixed Typo and Program merged new post with reply

12 hours ago, DieHardFan said:

Probably bought them from a ST holder after playoffs were probable or certain.

I have good seats and made a little selling them but learned from the 90's not to buy any extra nosebleeds.

Bills fans talk like they want playoff tickets but aren't willing to shell out the cash. Look at what tickets actually went for, for the NE game. Many were below cost.

I think this year was a bit of an anomaly. Had it been a regular 32 it wouldn't have been anything like thst lol

What may be a solution is what I have suggested to my Bills ticket rep which was met with "gee sounds great",  but since the Bills and their partners (ticketbastard) get no revenues it got rejected. These are just off the top of my head, please add any additional thoughts 

Possible solution for consideration:

Current Stadium

• We have many TBD members who have Season Tickets
  • Not all TBD STH attend all games
  • Create a more formal pool of unused tickets available from our TBD STH members at set prices (maybe a small mark up) for unused tickets
  • Non STH TBD members participating in the process have first options on unused tickets and availability may fluctuate, but a "snake draft" or similar methodology can be used to determine order of selection.
  • TBD STH who are long term planners can advise the group which tickets they will not be using in advance, let the TBD non STH group absorb those tickets and guarantee Bills fans are in those seats. 
  • In some cases, tickets may become available late in the week, in this instance a notification could go out to the next 5-10 participants on the list advising that tickets are available. 
  • Once tickets are released/purchased, the new owner is the ticketholder. (Re-sale for profit is strongly is frowned upon)
  • Perhaps a "switch seats" option for TBD STH where a participant can swap seats for a game, or get credit for game "A" to be used for game "C"

Upsides:

• TDB has an outlet for long distance STH who cannot make all games
  • Known Bills fans are in our seats
  • TBD non STH don't have to negotiate/pay fees in secondary market

Downsides:

• Drunken hooligan behavior can ruin a STH reputation and get him/her kicked off the list (If drunks show up at my seats and the Bills/Ticketmaster sold them, I am free and clear)
  • ST holders may want their seats back if a conflict clears (too bad, seat is gone)

Going forward to new stadium:

• Individuals wishing to transition to become PSL holders can do so, the extra fee charged per ticket may be bumped up a bit to compensate the PSL holder
  • If the current TBD STH coordinate properly, different locations can be secured where we may have 15-30 seats together in various sections, some in the upper deck, others lower bowl 20-40 yds, maybe some club seats
  • Similar selection process for unused tickets can migrate to new stadium

This is a straw man, tear it up

Edited by Guffalo
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.