TBD Associated tickets in new stadium

SDS

So, I’m not even sure what I’m posting about here. But given this initial shake up, I’m keeping my eyes out for anything that makes sense. Whether it be taking over someone’s season tickets or trying to get a group together or buying a season ticket package with a group of other people and divvying them up, maybe even TBD fronting the PSL costs, but then get a group to buy individual games…. I’m just throwing things out there… 

Does anyone see a situation where they would like to get together with something with all options currently on the table for discussion?

I completely understand if this is an interesting to anyone given that we all have different circumstances. I’m just seeing what sticks.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Clever idea, but it will likely take a full time commitment by someone to assure (as best as possible) all tickets are sold/used so no one’s letting holding the bag of tix.

that’s why I opened it up for discussion. 

I make the trek from Seattle once a year to go to a game, and sit in the clubs with my dad.  I usually buy on the secondary market.

I would potentially be interested in some kind of (timeshare?) situation with seats.  I'm intrigued by the idea of being able to keep a row or a block of seats in the TBD family and being able to go to games with "friends" here rather than randos who happen to be seated next to you.  Since I always buy resale, I'm often seated next to obnoxious visiting fans rather than fellow Bills fans.

I do think that things like undesirable December games against bad teams like the Jets or figuring out who gets dibs on playoff tickets might be hard.  Everyone's gonna want the early season games, particularly for those of us who travel from far reaches of the country.

I suspect it will be hard to make this kind of thing work - even friends in person sharing season tickets is like herding cats, but I would be curious to hear about any ideas that people may have.

Edited by sullim4
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I guess we can start with a hypothetical:

TBD arranges for a group of tickets (let's say 6)

First question is where - end zone, sidelines, clubs.

Next, who is the designated "local person in the Buffalo to Syracuse" area (because I found out this year they won't sell to me in the Albany area)

Then, what is the PSL for each ticket (let's say $4,000 per seat).  4 x 6 = $24,000 in PSL fees.

Then, what is cost of each seat per game. Let's say $250 per seat x 6 = $1500 per game

$1500 x 8 or 9 games = $13,500 per year for 6 tix 

If you had a group of 20 people that could commit to attending games, you could calculate what each person would owe

based on per seat/game cost (13,500 / 20 people = $675 per person). 

Man, I suck at math...I'm already lost.  

I didn't see what shake-up you are referring to, but it is an interesting proposal, I may be interested. I have seats that I now am able to use and get to about 5-6 out of an 8 game season. Setting up a model that is equitable to all participants may be challenging, but certainly worth exploring.

44 minutes ago, Beerball said:

I'd certainly consider joining The TBD Consortium. As indicated, it'll be difficult to figure out, but I know that I wouldn't consider anything more based on my current location.

If a club is set up please count me in.

Ditto.

54 minutes ago, Beerball said:

I'd certainly consider joining The TBD Consortium. As indicated, it'll be difficult to figure out, but I know that I wouldn't consider anything more based on my current location.

If a club is set up please count me in.

If they loosen their stance on selling ST to out-of-staters for the new stadium I may re-up.  If not, I'd be curiously interested in this consortium thing.

56 minutes ago, eball said:

If they loosen their stance on selling ST to out-of-staters for the new stadium I may re-up.  If not, I'd be curiously interested in this consortium thing.

I suspect they are going to have to.  I find the stance untenable in a new stadium.  I get why they do it now - they want people showing up to the games and not reselling the tickets because they don't plan on being in Orchard Park for 8 Sundays out of the year.  At the same time though, many of us that can afford PSLs and higher ticket prices are in a position to do so precisely because we aren't in WNY.

Personally, for me, I would love to have tickets in a section of fans that are actually Bills fans, know the team well, and won't be completely sloshed by the time halftime rolls around.  The current club sections do a decent job of this, although it tends to be popular with visiting fans given the relative low pricing compared to what their team offers in their own stadium.

• Agree 2

This is an intriguing idea.  My brother, lives in OP, and I have season's tix and can relate to having different people around you almost every game.  Most are Bills fans but it's still a bit irritating.  We'd probably be interested in this idea.

2 hours ago, sullim4 said:

I suspect they are going to have to.  I find the stance untenable in a new stadium.  I get why they do it now - they want people showing up to the games and not reselling the tickets because they don't plan on being in Orchard Park for 8 Sundays out of the year.  At the same time though, many of us that can afford PSLs and higher ticket prices are in a position to do so precisely because we aren't in WNY.

Considering that they are selling them to ticket agencies who target people outside Buffalo area the stance makes no sense.  Because I am a Buffalo Bills Backers club president I get several emails a year from people selling tickets with tailgate included as part of price and they have blocks of hotel rooms at a discount.

They are doing it because they are getting kickbacks from these agencies which pay more than the season ticket price.

This type of thing has been discussed on Buffalo Bills club president board on Facebook.

Edited by Limeaid

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.