[Vague Title]

Buffalo03

25 minutes ago, Whites Bay said:

I'd been buying into this line of reasoning for awhile, because it's...well, a line of "reasoning", as opposed to "I've had another Labatt's, so let me tell you what's going to happen."  But here's my admittedly stupid counterargument:

I don't think the NFL could give a rat's hairy @$$ about ANY of that.  Why do I say that?  Because I've watched the NFL stake out Thanksgiving, and then warily watch the NBA stake out Christmas Day as "NBA Day".  All's fair in love and ratings, right?  And they let 20 (?) years go by, and they watched the ratings, and they watched the ratings, and PRESTO.  We started getting NFL games on Christmas.  Simply by "the luck of the draw; you know...it's just the way the calendar worked out, Christmas was on a Saturday....".

And now nobody or their great aunt watches the NBA on Christmas unless they have ZERO life.  Certainly not when paired off against the NFL.  Hell, the Jets at Jaguars would CRUSH pretty much NBA game.  So would Northern Ohio at East Midwestern Arkansas State.

So the NFL really doesn't give two good g@ddamns about what NBA games are rolling in the same time slot.  That's big.  Think about it - this is the NFL versus the NBA.  Lots of munny munny munny at stake.  Someone's going to win, someone's going to lose.  The ratings are the the blood splotches on the floor.  So what makes us think they're going to give two limp ***** about the viewership of any MLB game happens to be going on when they come to town?

I think it is really to do with the logistics...assigning security, police, managing traffic, crime, drunk driving,  hotels and most importantly SPLITTING the LOCAL INCOME to two events on the same day.  It is not possible in Buffalo given the strength of its economy.

• Simon changed the title to [Vague Title]
37 minutes ago, ganesh said:

I wish UB will make use of this wonderful facility (both current and new) and play at Orchard Park.  It is also a state funded organization.

I get that UB likes the idea of an on-campus stadium. BUT……it would be nice to build one stadium to meet the need of two teams. USF football plays in the Buc’s stadium. UB already has a split campus, so people are not just walking over to the stadium. 

I left WNY when I was 17. If I’m way off here that’s cool. The locals will know better. 

• Simon locked this topic