Tennessee at buffalo sept 19 espn

djp14150

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

No one is gonna flip away from the Bills game to watch the Vikings game other than Eagles and Vikings fans. Well, unless the Bills are blowing them out, of course.

Only downside is that I have to listen to Aikman and Buck 🙄

Probably not - they'll likely do the ABC game

1 hour ago, RocCityRoller said:

Memory may be failing, but I was pretty sure the Rams opening opponent was announced during the draft as a teaser and it was not Buffalo. I could have sworn it was a team from the AFC West, Chargers or Raiders stick in my mind.

ESPN has had some dog poo match ups the last couple of years. They have to like Buffalo vs Tenn early.

Concurrent MNF games is a bit of a head scratcher

They announced the 1st Amazon Prime game at the draft

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RocCityRoller said:

Memory may be failing, but I was pretty sure the Rams opening opponent was announced during the draft as a teaser and it was not Buffalo. I could have sworn it was a team from the AFC West, Chargers or Raiders stick in my mind.

ESPN has had some dog poo match ups the last couple of years. They have to like Buffalo vs Tenn early.

Concurrent MNF games is a bit of a head scratcher

That was the 1st TNF game on Amazon and it was Chargers vs KC

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

I hear several people saying this and my question is...why?

The Bills are a SB contender with an exciting team.  They will be on prime time at least 5-6 times.  In past years we've seen teams on primetime in successive weeks, plus there is an 11-day gap between these two games.

Honestly hope this is the case. Opening on TNF would be great since I have to be away that weekend, plus we’d get that nice mini-bye right before that big game at home.

54 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I dont get what the NFL is thinking here. Eating into their own ratings.

NFL should be pushing for as little overlap as possible across all of their scheduling.

Disagree.  The NFL is likely thinking that the casual fan will be flipping between games...providing their advertisers with two channels of eyes during primetime.

It's no different than Sunday afternoons...the diehards of each team stay on their game, but everyone else is channel surfing.

Also, going back to your comment in the other (now closed) thread about why Bills/Rams won't be W1, I think the email and app notice from the Bills does not suggest what you say it suggests.  it is a general statement about "all home openers" being announced at 6 p.m. on Thursday in advance of the entire schedule.  Nothing hints or implies that the MNF game isn't the Bills home opener.

Should be a good early season litmus test for both teams and glad we finally have them back in Buffalo.

Just like with the Chiefs, the Titans are quietly one of the Bills biggest conference rivals given that we've pretty much played them every season since 2018. Titans have had the Bills number the last few years though so hopefully that can change now.

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

Should be a good early season litmus test for both teams and glad we finally have them back in Buffalo.

Just like with the Chiefs, the Titans are quietly one of the Bills biggest conference rivals given that we've pretty much played them every season since 2018. Titans have had the Bills number the last few years though so hopefully that can change now.

Brown and Julio off the Titans at home? Easiest win on the schedule. 

6 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

The Titans were ravaged by injuries the last two times we played them and we still lost. In fact they had like half their team on the Covid list in 2020 when we had the worst game of that season by far.

Still think they are just a bad match up overall for the Bills similar to the Colts.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

The Titans were ravaged by injuries the last two times we played them and we still lost. In fact they had like half their team on the Covid list in 2020 when we had the worst game of that season by far.

Still think they are just a bad match up overall for the Bills similar to the Colts.

This was pre Josh turning into a Demi-God mid Bucs game and becoming an unstoppable human force. Bills by a billion

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, corta765 said:

This was pre Josh turning into a Demi-God mid Bucs game and becoming an unstoppable human force. Bills by a billion

Sure hope so but we obviously aren't going 17-0 this year in the regular season....at least I think.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

Assuming this was sarcastic. We’ve lost to TN the last two years in a row and after last season’s embarrassing lost against the JAG’s, I don’t take anytime for granted. Bill’s expectations are thru the roof, but one thing is certain, they better be ready to play EACH and EVERY week. The lost to TN and the Jags cost them the #1 seed last year.

Buffalo needs to score TD’s early and take away their running game. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.