[Misleading Title]

Now that it's known that Bills are hosting MNF Week 2, I think it's much less likely Rams will be Week 1. I also heard on WGR last week that the NFL scheduling person that was on stated that the Bills would not get the opener and Thanksgiving. At this point, I think Thanksgiving is more likely. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just took at look at the Rams home schedule

Seahawks - without Russell Wilson. I doubt this is the week 1 matchup.

49ers - possible as its a rematch of last years playoff game.

Cardinals - possible for the same reason

Panthers - no

Falcons - no

Cowboys - possible, Cowboys always bring strong ratings.

Raiders - possible, Raiders are a good team who will get there share of primetime games.

Broncos - possible. Russell Wilson with a strong Broncos team.

Bills - possible. Josh Allen and the Bills are really good and a fun team to watch now.

You cant rule out Bills at Rams for week 1 but as you can see their are plenty of other options the league can choose from for the opening game of the year.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Panthers - no

Falcons - no

Raiders - possible, Raiders are a good team who will get there share of primetime games.

Bills - possible. Josh Allen and the Bills are really good and a fun team to watch now.

You cant rule out Bills at Rams for week 1 but as you can see their are plenty of other options the league can choose from for the opening game of the year.

With us adding Von MIller it seems like a no brainer   

5 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Panthers - no

Falcons - no

Cowboys always have the inside track though they were the opener last year so maybe we will get a break

If I had to guess it would be the Broncos, NFL likes the star QB in new situation storyline and Russ is formerly of the NFC West

The Bills are probably second most likely after the Broncos imo

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Panthers - no

Falcons - no

This has forever been my point. Sure Bills Rams is a sexy pick, so is DAL/ARZ/DEN/49ers and it saves the Bills Rams for later in the year.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

So we are going from week 1 Thursday night, to week 2 Monday night.  I have a feeling the "I prefer Sunday at 1:00 games" crowd will not be happy this year.  

That Thursday night week 1 is looking very unlikely given the Bills email to STH

• Like (+1) 1

Unlikely Cowboys open the season in back to back years. Broncos makes sense for Wilson’s debut. Raiders are another interesting matchup with Adams.

I’d rather see the Bills on Sunday for the opening weekend. Don’t crave the silly national spotlight. And it’d take away from opening weekend if the Bills didn’t play, or perhaps already lost.

Edited by Airseven

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That Thursday night week 1 is looking very unlikely given the Bills email to STH

This could very well be true but keep in mind last year the Ravens played on the opener MNF against the Raiders and then the following SNF against the Chiefs.  So back to back week prime games is not impossible

1 hour ago, mjt328 said:

Makes the most sense.

-  Last year's Super Bowl winner, versus the (Vegas) favorite to win it this year.

-  Two premier Quarterbacks with premier offenses

-  The added storyline Von Miller switching teams

How the heck do I keep forgetting that this team has Von Miller?! Awesome. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I’ll just add that according to the Bills announcement for the MNF game against Tenn they had the following also:

”starting at 6:00pm May 12, the home opener will be announced and tickets will go on sale for just that game”

too me this implies the week 1 game will be at home. So yes the TNF opener appears unlikely 

Edited by BillsFanThru-N-Thru
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Panthers - no

Falcons - no

Broncos or bust

53 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Why?  Someone got 3 straight prime time games last year to start the season.   Please don’t make me look it up.  

Honestly, we start a little flat so I like the idea of a NFC west coast game to start the season.  Let the Bills see another team receive their Super Bowl rings 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mjt328 said:

Makes the most sense.

-  Last year's Super Bowl winner, versus the (Vegas) favorite to win it this year.

-  Two premier Quarterbacks with premier offenses

-  The added storyline Von Miller switching teams

Bills Rams makes too much sense.

I agree with those that say LA doesn’t want the mafia taking over the rams celebration. 

I would also say I find it hard to believe that they'll have the Bills be at home the first 2 weeks.... that would mean after that they'd have 6 home games and 9 away games and would probably have to play 4 out of 5 games Away at some point.

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Unlikely Cowboys open the season in back to back years.

I was curious, so I went back to 2010 and on to see who opened each season...

2010 - Vikings at Saints

2011 - Saints at Packers

2012 - Cowboys at Giants

2013 - Ravens at Broncos

2014 - Packers at Seahawks

2015 - Steelers at Pats

2016 - Panthers at Broncos

2017 - Chiefs at Pats

2018 - Falcons at Eagles

2019 - Packers at Bears

2020 - Texans at Chiefs

2021 - Cowboys at Bucs