Season Ticket Holder Survey

On 5/8/2022 at 11:40 PM, Richard Noggin said:

Without reading beyond the OP, my immediate thought is that PRIME seats like yours are going to price out many of their current residents. Your seats sound like they're in the highest valued neighborhood on the market. The full season cost still sounds reasonable. The PSLs, which are one-time fees BUT are typically spread out over 5-10 years (correct me if I'm wrong on that point please) would make your annual cost around $3500-$5000 per seat, depending on the term of the PSL payment agreement. THAT's the number you have to focus on if you want to remain a season ticket holder. 

Now that I've laid out my RATIONAL thoughts, let me just say this: ***** the relentless, ruthless greed of an economic and entertainment model that REQUIRES CONSTANT EXPONENTIAL EXPANSION. The bottom line of such a calculus is that the working class will continue to get squeezed until they burst. So the inevitability of this season ticket pricing model worries me, and angers me. But like a good little mortal citizen of the corporate world, I'll see if my finances can keep pace so that I may justify the expense of feeling more alive and more connected to something for 8-12 days a year (not counting preseason lol). 

What’s interesting to me is that I can afford the psl for the prime seats…. But…. I’m not going to be interested in season tickets if the full game day experience gets tamped down. I’m 40 with no kids, own several businesses, etc. I like going to the games for the collective experience. If that experience becomes a bland corporate environment from tailgating to the stadium I’ll just host game day parties at my house and cook up whole hogs every Sunday. 🤷‍♂️ As it stands now, I attend 2-4 games a year even though I don’t live in Rochester more than 7-8 months of the year due to work travel.  

• Agree 1

I guess any of us attending games these next 5 years better be on the lookout for collapsing upper decks! 

Ill take my chances, then again Im no engineer, so maybe I should steer clear.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Estro said:

I guess any of us attending games these next 5 years better be on the lookout for collapsing upper decks! 

you’re pretty classy.

35 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

What’s interesting to me is that I can afford the psl for the prime seats…. But…. I’m not going to be interested in season tickets if the full game day experience gets tamped down. I’m 40 with no kids, own several businesses, etc. I like going to the games for the collective experience. If that experience becomes a bland corporate environment from tailgating to the stadium I’ll just host game day parties at my house and cook up whole hogs every Sunday. 🤷‍♂️ As it stands now, I attend 2-4 games a year even though I don’t live in Rochester more than 7-8 months of the year due to work travel.  

Maybe targeting seats just outside of the most preferred areas will allow for the experience you desire in the new stadium. Maybe being up higher in the lower bowl, or out a little wider, will allow you to be among "the people" more. I definitely just moved from 2nd row up top to 30-something row down below to be immersed in a less subdued environment. Arguably worse seats in exchange for an arguably more engaged experience.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, SDS said:

I don’t recall with those were, but those loge seats were anywhere between 14 and $18,000 a year with no PSL.

Yeah I cannot remember where they were. But liked the amenities with it. And the pricing that I looked at right in line with what you are posting would be fine for me as well. 

7 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Maybe targeting seats just outside of the most preferred areas will allow for the experience you desire in the new stadium. Maybe being up higher in the lower bowl, or out a little wider, will allow you to be among "the people" more. I definitely just moved from 2nd row up top to 30-something row down below to be immersed in a less subdued environment. Arguably worse seats in exchange for an arguably more engaged experience.

This is an interesting take that hadn’t really crossed my mind. It is something to consider!!

On 5/8/2022 at 6:54 PM, Son of a K-Gun said:

You would need to come out of retirement just to afford those PSL’s, man oh man.

I’m a first-time season ticket holder as my son has just started to take an interest in the Bills and I was afraid of how much seasons plus PSL’s would cost at the new stadium and the survey proved me right…I might be priced out as well.

Serious question, does WNY have enough corporate interest to scoop up the highest priced seats and suites, or does PSE expect ‘regular’ fans will step up?

On this I know for a fact my major defense contractor company is looking to buy 1 maybe 2 of the luxury suites think I saw them priced in the 200K range if I remember right. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

So you don't have high hopes for the paid-entry Official Buffalo Bills Party Zone presented by FanDuel ??  

8 hours ago, Estro said:

ExpertsWhoNeedEm.thumb.jpg.0a5e5a9ebdd4511f0cbf972e6cb8f1c0.jpg

• Haha (+1) 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Estro said:

Lol I wondered if there were people that would buy "the second level concrete is ready to collapse" BS.

Lot of stadiums and arenas littered all over this country with poured concrete upper levels built way before HighMark that miraculously havent collapsed.  Turns out maintenance and renovation is an option too, a lot cheaper price tag than $1.5B too.

Look, I totally understand the Pegulas pushing for a new stadium. We all would too if we were in their shoes. Who wouldnt want a $1.5B palace built for only $200M of their own money (even less after they jam these ridiculous PSLs down fans throats)?

I just thought the bogus "collapsing 2nd deck" narrative was laughable. 

Those upper decks are not poured concrete. They are assembled concrete slabs held together by metal clips.

8 hours ago, Estro said:

I sit in those decks. You can feel them shake as people hop up and down. I always wonder if this is the day they give out.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Estro said:

Lol I wondered if there were people that would buy "the second level concrete is ready to collapse" BS.

Lot of stadiums and arenas littered all over this country with poured concrete upper levels built way before HighMark that miraculously havent collapsed.  Turns out maintenance and renovation is an option too, a lot cheaper price tag than $1.5B too.

Look, I totally understand the Pegulas pushing for a new stadium. We all would too if we were in their shoes. Who wouldnt want a $1.5B palace built for only $200M of their own money (even less after they jam these ridiculous PSLs down fans throats)?

I just thought the bogus "collapsing 2nd deck" narrative was laughable. 

I completely agree with you.

The new stadium, was driven by pressure from the NFL, IMO.

There was a tall, historic church in my hometown, that was labeled as 'Listing', and was in imminent danger of collapse. It took them a few weeks for them to tear it down, and the Bell Tower remained upright, until the last few days. A big box supermarket complex, occupies the site, now. It was obvious to me, that the structural report was fudged, and money was the driving consideration, to remove the building.

So it goes, w/HighMark...

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Those upper decks are not poured concrete. They are assembled concrete slabs held together by metal clips.

I sit in those decks. You can feel them shake as people hop up and down. I always wonder if this is the day they give out.

The upper deck, would shake back in the '80's, as people stomped their feet. If there was any danger, the structure would've been condemned.

Edited by BUFFALOBART

9 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Good point. I usually buy seats piece meal for 3-5 games based on sight lines and how large a group we can get together with a weeks notice. 

2 hours ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

So you don't have high hopes for the paid-entry Official Buffalo Bills Party Zone presented by FanDuel ??  

Nope… but… I’ll probably get a kick out of the gymnastics pads they put under all the tables. 😂  

• Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

The upper deck, would shake back in the '80's, as people stomped their feet. If there was any danger, the structure would've been condemned.

It's true that structures are built with some shimmy to absorb movement. But the stadium was in it's teens then. It's nearing 50 now, in a harsh climate.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's true that structures are built with some shimmy to absorb movement. But the stadium was in it's teens then. It's nearing 50 now, in a harsh climate.

I agree that the stadium is long in the tooth.

I do believe that there is more life left in it, than what is being advertised.

• Agree 2

After 20 years as a season ticket holder my current seats are heck no in the new stadium. There were some options that would be ok price wise but after twenty years with great views of the field my couch and big screen will be my preferred option. 40k for the right to buy tickets at a significantly increased price??

2EA472BA-4AAF-4E60-B9C4-F12D75162279.jpeg

47 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Just curious, how much longer do you think Highmark can last without more work? Personally I think it's done. We'll just have to disagree.

On 5/8/2022 at 7:32 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

I hate to be “that guy” but the Bills aren’t going anywhere. That’s all done. They know EXACTLY what they’re doing in terms of pricing (regardless of how we all feel). The amount of research and planning that has gone into this stadium is extensive. The Bills have finally married the best locations with the best amenities opening the door for a segment of buyers that didn’t previously exist. No more doom and gloom!! Those days are behind us forever.

Do you really — 

hate to be “that guy”

?

😆 

• Haha (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

No doubt there is, but two things:

1. When public safety is an issue, it's best to err on the side of caution.

2. From an economic standpoint, why keep sinking money into a beater when you're going to have to replace it anyway? And the cost of construction is just going to go up the longer you wait.

Taking both of those factors into account, I can see why they decided to build a new one now.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

No doubt there is, but two things:

1. When public safety is an issue, it's best to err on the side of caution.

2. From an economic standpoint, why keep sinking money into a beater when you're going to have to replace it anyway? And the cost of construction is just going to go up the longer you wait.

Taking both of those factors into account, I can see why they decided to build a new one now.

This was just last fall at a Dutch League match...thankfully no one was hurt.  These things can happen.