Season Ticket Holder Survey

4 hours ago, Augie said:

4 hours ago, Augie said:

I swear some sites will give you the section and row and keep the seat number a secret until you buy. When it pops up as seats 12-13 you can figure you are absolutely in the middle and have the most possible feet to step on if you need to get out. 

true… but the upside is, less people squeezing by you to get out.  (Theoretically, no one).

9 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

true… but the upside is, less people squeezing by you to get out.  (Theoretically, no one).

yeah. I don’t need the leg space of the aisle so I’d rather have fewer people climbing over the top of me. Better to be the climber than the climbee. 

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, QCity said:

When you do the math on it, it really isn't as big as fans think. The luxury and corporate boxes, which don't have revenue sharing, account for the biggest difference in revenue. And yes, Buffalo is certainly on the other end of the spectrum.

Thanks for clarifying that, but that's why I said 100,000 seats at high prices.   Because of their market they can sell a lot more high-end seating - the boxes and the clubs, than the Bills can, AND they can charge much higher prices.   

Doesn't matter.  We both get it.  The market limits the profitability and the value of the franchise.  

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

Back in 2004 I think, there was a Select A Seat day.  Ticket staff had put white 3x5 cards on every available seat, so you could just look around and see what was available.  Find the seat you want, take off the note cards and go to a ticket staff to finalize the purchase.  I hope they do something similar with the new stadium. 

I believe that was 1994.   That is, I know they had Select A Seat in 1994 because we got one of our still current sets of season tickets then by going up to the stadium in spring and doing just that.

By the early 2000's the children of the SB era were old enough to become customers and were buying up season tickets.    I don't recall the Bills ever being that eager at that time.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

The survey disappears, once it is completed, but here is the link to it:

https://bbns2022.sawtoothsoftware.com/login.html

Thanks for the link.  I received it but trashed it.  Gave me a chance to complete it.

My Current Seats are Section 129 - looks like comparable seats in the Taj MaJosh (Just Kidding) will be $3250 PSL per seat and $1750 per year.  A little ouch. However, since I am not a NY Citizen or an Erie County resident and subsidizing this thing-- its my small contribution to keeping the Bills in Buffalo.

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 1

In taking the survey, I am incredibly concerned with the direction they are looking into.  I know that there hasn't been anything official and pics included are either renderings or of other stadiums.  Also, I know the PSL prices aren't established yet. 

However, if the two things I see in this survey end up being true, I couldn't justify going to games in person much anymore, season ticket holder or not.  I admit to being a bit of a snob at games where I like to sit between the 30's in the bottom section, roughly 15-30 rows back. 

1 - The PSL's for those seats were all over 9k a piece.  That's insane for Buffalo

2 - They are breaking that area into at least 3 different sections with a focus on wider seating, more leg room, and private entrances with upgraded private food options.  This was how it was in Jacksonville and I absolutely hated it.  I'd say you lose 25% of potential seats to the spacing out of these amenities, and most of the prime seats don't exist as they are replaced by private entrances and standing room. 

I hope I'm wrong, I really do.  Everything in that survey said to me that the Pegulas and the NFL have no idea what Buffalo is all about

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, SDS said:

excellent. Thank you so much. I didn’t see any selection that stated $9000 per seat. I wonder if everyone sees something different?

yeah I think it was based on your responses to the first few questions.

14 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

The Corporate Suite holders, need to do the 'heavy lifting', regarding PSL's. It is nothing but an entertainment write off to them, anyway. What concerns me, is the possibility that PSL's could happen in the remaining years, of the current facility.

Geez, and Heinz Field, is a dump, in my opinion.

Agreed.

The Pegula's asset in the Bills, has only increased in value.

Heinz Field is far from a dump.  

5 minutes ago, SDS said:

excellent. Thank you so much. I didn’t see any selection that stated $9000 per seat. I wonder if everyone sees something different?

Happy to help!

My seats are on the 50, in the lower Bowl, (And on the aisle) :-)

Seats in that section were over $9k ea. Seats near the field, were $12k, if I recall correctly.

24 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

yeah I think it was based on your responses to the first few questions.

I said I was interested in everything, but luxury boxes, just to see what they had to say. 

I thought the concept of the loge seats was the best, but the lowest price presented to me was $14,000 a year with no PSL. That probably would’ve been more tempting to me at an $8000 price level.

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Heinz Field is far from a dump.  

My opinion. Lots of Cinder Blocks, which surprised me.

I didn't see anything that made me think it is superior to the Orchard park facility, and it is more recently constructed.

39 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I believe that was 1994.   That is, I know they had Select A Seat in 1994 because we got one of our still current sets of season tickets then by going up to the stadium in spring and doing just that.

By the early 2000's the children of the SB era were old enough to become customers and were buying up season tickets.    I don't recall the Bills ever being that eager at that time.

They probably did it more than just 1994, because I did not get seasons until 2000, and 2004 was when I moved from the lower bowl to the clubs. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BUFFALOBART said:

My opinion. Lots of Cinder Blocks, which surprised me.

I didn't see anything that made me think it is superior to the Orchard park facility, and it is more recently constructed.

not superior to Orchard Park at all.  Not a dump though:).  3 Rivers was a dump!  My main point was the Pgh fans, like Bills fans are mostly diehards and the entire stadium is loud, even the expensive PSL seats.  

That said, the Bills current PSL plan seems ridiculous.  There is no need for a new stadium unless its covered or a dome.  What are you getting in return for paying more. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

not superior to Orchard Park at all.  Not a dump though:).  3 Rivers was a dump!  My main point was the Pgh fans, like Bills fans are mostly diehards and the entire stadium is loud, even the expensive PSL seats.  

That said, the Bills current PSL plan seems ridiculous.  There is no need for a new stadium unless its covered or a dome.  What are you getting in return for paying more. 

stadiums don’t last forever dude. I imagine eventually we will be getting an upper deck that doesn’t crush the people below them.

on another note, preseason tickets were always a sore spot. This really makes it egregious.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

They probably did it more than just 1994, because I did not get seasons until 2000, and 2004 was when I moved from the lower bowl to the clubs. 

They had a select a seat event coupled with a Bills rookie minicamp practice in 2004.

I remember going and witnessing the young 1st round pick JP Losman throwing a beautiful seam pass up the field to an absolutely massive TE that we brought in as an UDFA.........Jason Peters.

Couldnt believe how well he moved for such a big guy. I was there to see our shiny new QB, who new the UDFA would turn out to be the future Hall of Famer. 

8 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Got mine. Filled it out. I think if they have those Sofa boxes that were talked about will be getting one of those hopefully. 

I don’t recall with those were, but those loge seats were anywhere between 14 and $18,000 a year with no PSL.

21 minutes ago, SDS said:

stadiums don’t last forever dude. I imagine eventually we will be getting an upper deck that doesn’t crush the people below them.

on another note, preseason tickets were always a sore spot. This really makes it egregious.

Lol I wondered if there were people that would buy "the second level concrete is ready to collapse" BS.

Lot of stadiums and arenas littered all over this country with poured concrete upper levels built way before HighMark that miraculously havent collapsed.  Turns out maintenance and renovation is an option too, a lot cheaper price tag than $1.5B too.

Look, I totally understand the Pegulas pushing for a new stadium. We all would too if we were in their shoes. Who wouldnt want a $1.5B palace built for only $200M of their own money (even less after they jam these ridiculous PSLs down fans throats)?

I just thought the bogus "collapsing 2nd deck" narrative was laughable. 

4 minutes ago, Estro said:

Lol I wondered if there were people that would buy "the second level concrete is ready to collapse" BS.

Lot of stadiums and arenas littered all over this country with poured concrete upper levels built way before HighMark that miraculously havent collapsed.  Turns out maintenance and renovation is an option too, a lot cheaper price tag than $1.5B too.

Look, I totally understand the Pegulas pushing for a new stadium. We all would too if we were in their shoes. Who wouldnt want a $1.5B palace built for only $200M of their own money (even less after they jam these ridiculous PSLs down fans throats)?

I just thought the bogus "collapsing 2nd deck" narrative was laughable. 

I don’t know what you do for a living, but in engineering we have these risk/impact charts. This one may have a low risk, but the impact is high. 

we ignore bridges at our own peril too.

https://www.wtae.com/amp/article/pittsburgh-bridge-collapse-ntsb-preliminary-report-fern-hollow/39004013