Season Ticket Holder Survey

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, StHustle said:

ALL new stadiums in the past 15 years or so have PSLs. You can’t expect the Pegulas to do any different. They are already making a huge financial sacrifice keeping the team here. Also ALL other stadiums with PSLs, they expire and have to be renewed. The Bills will be the first team that’s asking for a one time fee for life, and as I understand it, will allow the seat ownership to be willed to family members in the event of your passing. To me it’s all totally fair.

You’re gonna have to show me where this is true. I owned PSLs in another city and they were permanent*.  They never renewed.  I’ve literally never heard of what you are saying. 

Edit: * Permanent meaning for the life of stadium. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, eee1776 said:

What happen in Charlotte was the lower bowl ended up being mostly corporate seating...I hope that doesn't happen where the lower bowl consists of people who really don't give a good crap or have much passion for the game.  That is what happen in Charlotte.

They have PSLs in Pittsburgh.  The fans in all levels, including the white collar fans, are still engaged with the game.  The issue is the fan base in general.  The games will still be great in Buffalo, but the pricing model is out of wack in Buffalo given that it’s open air.

The best plan is to buy individual game tickets (what I do) to avoid the late season/bad game seat deprecation.  

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Ross Murdock said:

Hey, As noted I'm a season ticket holder. I gave a thumbs up.  I'd begrudgedly pay the PSL but my seats would likely be in the $3k range. I hope your right. But this deal is not 100% done. Not one Bills poster here seemed willing to pay the PSL. I'm just stating the cold cash realities of the NFL. Fingers are crossed this deal gets done, and these prices are just being made up.     

The deal is done. Funding for stadium has been approved. They are now working on design. Guessing the prices are not yet finalized

10 hours ago, StHustle said:

ALL new stadiums in the past 15 years or so have PSLs. You can’t expect the Pegulas to do any different. They are already making a huge financial sacrifice keeping the team here. Also ALL other stadiums with PSLs, they expire and have to be renewed. The Bills will be the first team that’s asking for a one time fee for life, and as I understand it, will allow the seat ownership to be willed to family members in the event of your passing. To me it’s all totally fair.

what huge financial sacrifice are they making?

Edited by nucci
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, davefan66 said:

My question, is the only option when choosing your tix in the new stadium going to be what’s comparable to your current tickets?  Or will you be able to pick seats anywhere?  Does that mean with my 6 year seniority I may end up without an option because others will be looking for the presumably cheaper PSL?  Certainly hope not.

I hope not also.  I'd like to be able to check out different areas of the stadium before choosing my new seat.  Maybe they will do a select a seat again like they did back in the early 2000's.  

13 hours ago, Estro said:

Filled out the survey and stated my opinion that if PSLs are indeed anywhere close to whats been hinted the entire season ticket holder base is about to be gutted.

I wrongly assumed PSLs would be in the 500-5k (nose bleeds to suites) but it appears the Bills are seeing if 1k-20k is possible. These PSL prices coupled with a huge increase in actual ticket prices is going to be a disaster in the Buffalo market.

The Pegulas are on the hook for $200M themselves and it seems they want to pass on much of that cost to their loyal season ticket holders in the form of PSLs. Huge mistake, IMO.

I had trouble selling tickets in the lower level on the 50 yard line, home side for $50 late in the season. And this is with an excellent contending team.

If the Bills think 10k PSLs with 2k season ticket prices for decent lowers is going to go over well, they're totally miscalculating the market.

I know ill 100% be dropping my season tickets that ive had for 20 years.  The atmosphere at the games is going to be transformed into the wine and cheese crowds ive personally witnessed at many of the newer stadiums.

I understand change is inevitable and the Pegulas will try and vaccuum every dollar possible out of our pockets, but that doesnt mean I have to like/accept it.

Ill be enjoying these last few yrs @ the current stadium, best sight lines in the entire NFL.

The Corporate Suite holders, need to do the 'heavy lifting', regarding PSL's. It is nothing but an entertainment write off to them, anyway. What concerns me, is the possibility that PSL's could happen in the remaining years, of the current facility.

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

They have PSLs in Pittsburgh.  The fans in all levels, including the white collar fans, are still engaged with the game.  The issue is the fan base in general.  The games will still be great in Buffalo, but the pricing model is out of wack in Buffalo given that it’s open air.

The best plan is to buy individual game tickets (what I do) to avoid the late season/bad game seat deprecation.  

Geez, and Heinz Field, is a dump, in my opinion.

58 minutes ago, nucci said:

The deal is done. Funding for stadium has been approved. They are now working on design

Agreed.

The Pegula's asset in the Bills, has only increased in value.

1 hour ago, nucci said:

They own two franchises that could double in value in almost any other larger city.

8 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

The Pegula's asset in the Bills, has only increased in value.

True, but still are the least or second least valuable franchises in their respective leagues.

12 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Moving would be career suicide for all of the politicians involved as well as the Pegulas. They got what they wanted from the state. Contractors have already been approached about their roles. This isn’t a “maybe” anymore it’s an inevitability.

Now, the makeup of the fans may look differently. As an example those people sitting in the lower level between the 25’s will be paying SIGNIFICANTLY more than those there currently. I don’t remember the exact numbers from the survey but think that the PSLs there were around $16k. The seats were another $4k or $5k. Those people used to pay $730 a season just 10-15 years ago. There are plenty of affordable options though (and some are even covered). 

"Affordable options", puts me in front of a TV, going forward. $27k?

Nah.

10 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It looks like you can pay them up front, in 3 interest free payments until the stadium opens or finance them over a longer period (with interest). 

I think that the lowest that I saw were like $500 or $600.

I'm not going back to, what took me over 30 years to move up from, for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

They own two franchises that could double in value in almost any other larger city.

True, but still are the least or second least valuable franchises in their respective leagues.

Winning helps to fuel the relative value of a Franchise, in my opinion. The Bills may be last in therms of value, but an $800M return, in a handful of years, is not too shabby: https://www.forbes.com/teams/buffalo-bills/?sh=26d2641c625d

18 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

The Corporate Suite holders, need to do the 'heavy lifting', regarding PSL's. It is nothing but an entertainment write off to them, anyway. What concerns me, is the possibility that PSL's could happen in the remaining years, of the current facility.

Club seats already have a PSL, though they call it a Club Seat License, and it has to be paid every year, not once and you're done.  Mine is $1450 for two seats this year.  

1 minute ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Winning helps to fuel the relative value of a Franchise, in my opinion. The Bills may be last in therms of value, but an $800M return, in a handful of years, is not too shabby: https://www.forbes.com/teams/buffalo-bills/?sh=26d2641c625d

Without a doubt most major sports franchises increase in value, but remain relative to the rest of the league. Buffalo is always at or near the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Club seats already have a PSL, though they call it a Club Seat License, and it has to be paid every year, not once and you're done.  Mine is $1450 for two seats this year.  

Is that on top of tickets that cost $250/game?

4 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

This is where 'Corporate' has to step up to the plate.

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Is that on top of tickets that cost $250/game?

That $250/game price is the seat + CSL combined.  Even when buying individual games through the Bills, they include a seat license.  

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

But was that not reflected in the purchase price when they bought the teams?

3 minutes ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

But was that not reflected in the purchase price when they bought the teams?

I don't understand the question. In the case of the Bills they set a record price paid, but the moment they did that, every other NFL franchise rose accordingly.

I don't think the Sabres went for a record price but "ol'  Sugar Packets" Tom Golisano made a tidy profit.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Moving would be career suicide for all of the politicians involved as well as the Pegulas. They got what they wanted from the state. Contractors have already been approached about their roles. This isn’t a “maybe” anymore it’s an inevitability.

Now, the makeup of the fans may look differently. As an example those people sitting in the lower level between the 25’s will be paying SIGNIFICANTLY more than those there currently. I don’t remember the exact numbers from the survey but think that the PSLs there were around $16k. The seats were another $4k or $5k. Those people used to pay $730 a season just 10-15 years ago. There are plenty of affordable options though (and some are even covered). 

those people don't exist in WNY in the numbers they would need to "replace" the current season ticket holders. 

some in this thread seem to think rich football fans will suddenly be coming out of the woodwork to buy season tickets with a new stadium and I am very confused as to why they think this is the case

And as far as corporate sponsors buying up seats now that there is a new stadium, I also find that hard to believe. At least as far as local companies. My wife owns a company that was been a corporate sponsor for the Bills and Sabres for years and they just decided to not renew their deal with Pegulas due to a variety of reasons. Pegula sports has come back begging for them to pay less and less to continue to be sponsors. I wouldnt think they would be groveling if they had lots of corporations lined up to be sponsors and buy club seats/blocks of seats and PSLs.

Edited by PaattMaann
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

those people don't exist in WNY in the numbers they would need to "replace" the current season ticket holders. 

some in this thread seem to think rich football fans will suddenly be coming out of the woodwork to buy season tickets with a new stadium and I am very confused as to why they think this is the case

And as far as corporate sponsors buying up seats now that there is a new stadium, I also find that hard to believe. At least as far as local companies. My wife owns a company that was been a corporate sponsor for the Bills and Sabres for years and they just decided to not renew their deal with Pegulas due to a variety of reasons. Pegula sports has come back begging for them to pay less and less to continue to be sponsors. I wouldnt think they would be groveling if they had lots of corporations lined up to be sponsors and buy club seats/blocks of seats and PSLs.

There are a segment of fans that don’t go because they can’t get the best seats with the best amenities. It isn’t a massive section of the fan base but they exist. My guess is that if they are having a hard time moving them they’ll drop the finance charges to next to nothing. 

My current seats are in 237. In the new stadium (assuming that it was reading it correctly) the seats will be about $15 more a game with a license fee of $6200 each. I can pay that $12400 over 30 years (again assuming that I was reading it correctly). I can pay it over 3 or 4 years with no interest. It’ll basically be double what I pay now for those 3 or 4 years and then back to where I’m at. While it isn’t ideal I don’t think that is crazy for club seats in a new stadium. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

There are a segment of fans that don’t go because they can’t get the best seats with the best amenities. It isn’t a massive section of the fan base but they exist. My guess is that if they are having a hard time moving them they’ll drop the finance charges to next to nothing. 

My current seats are in 237. In the new stadium (assuming that it was reading it correctly) the seats will be about $15 more a game with a license fee of $6200 each. I can pay that $12400 over 30 years (again assuming that I was reading it correctly). I can pay it over 3 or 4 years with no interest. It’ll basically be double what I pay now for those 3 or 4 years and then back to where I’m at. While it isn’t ideal I don’t think that is crazy for club seats in a new stadium. 

Yea this is what I'm saying. There might be a couple hundred people who would suddenly want to get seasons due to a nicer stadium experience, but those aren't going to offset the thousands who get priced out / choose not to pay it. We just aren't that type of a market. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

"Affordable options", puts me in front of a TV, going forward. $27k?

Nah.

I'm not going back to, what took me over 30 years to move up from, for sure.

where are your seats on the 50?

38 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

That isn't an endorsement for pro sports in WNY.