***** Bills Mafia rise up***** Best wings outside of Buffalo

B_4_life

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I worked in Seattle for a while and every place I went to there had soggy wings.  Most of the other dishes too. 

Reminded me of working in England without the lard,

I lived in Seattle for years.  The Buffalo wings you find at the sports bars and pizza places there are not the best.  They do, however, have excellent wings in some of the ethnic restaurants.  

Soggy dishes?   That's a weird observation and I can only speculate that you weren't eating at the right places.  Seattle is one of the great foodie cities of America.  Lots of great food (and ice cream) there.

9 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I worked in Seattle for a while and every place I went to there had soggy wings.  Most of the other dishes too. 

Reminded me of working in England without the lard,

Yeah good luck finding a decent wing out here, which is why my place is choice

Good pizza is far and few between to.

15 hours ago, Snappysnackcakes said:

There used to be this place in Pittsboro, NC called Snappy’s or Troll’s. He had the best wings I’ve ever eaten - outside of the motherland. Then this guy Snappy got a sweet job offer down in Texas and had to close shop. However, he’s definitely going to get things going again before football season down in a town called Friendswood. Ask Gisele about Snappy….Gisele knows all about Snappy’s special sauce. 

This place was awesome!  Used to drink and eat there several times a week.  Hope the new owners keep the same menu.

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, ddaryl said:

Yeah good luck finding a decent wing out here, which is why my place is choice

Good pizza is far and few between to.

I saw a list of the Top Ten cities in America.  Seattle was - bizarrely - on the list.   Buffalo wasn't.  

I wrote to the authors to express my strong disagreement.  

• Agree 1

On 5/8/2022 at 7:52 PM, Don Otreply said:

I’ve had wings outside of Buffalo / western NY,  not all, but mostly they are stringy and not so great, so in reality there are no Buffalo wings outside of western NY, just mediocre imitations, jmo (unless you make them yourself)

That's how it used to be for me. I travel a lot, and a lot of versions of "buffalo wings" were small pieces of fried chicken with some sort of tabasco concoction sprinkled on the top. Awful. And don't even get me started on the dressing.

My experience these days is different. The country is finally catching up - though Western NY still has the best.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.