Article: Jerry Jones, etc wanted Papa John to get Goodell fired

PromoTheRobot

20 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Three of the worst people in the world in one article... and I'm not even counting Goodell. I honestly have zero opinion about him. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

A couple of owners living up to their sleazy reputations, does this surprise anyone?…, 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Easy answer is the other 31 don't want to get into the business of owners voting to take away others' franchises.  

I didn't follow it too much at the time, but wasn't Richardson of the Panthers forced out? 

Snyder and Ross should be next.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

I didn't follow it too much at the time, but wasn't Richardson of the Panthers forced out? 

Richardson stepped down with all the pressure and admitted his mistakes to the world. Never admit your mistake. It only gives your haters traction. Richardson ran a good operation

The Panthers are a dumpster fire with their new owner, unfortunately.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Richardson stepped down with all the pressure and admitted his mistakes to the world. Never admit your mistake. It only gives your haters traction. Richardson ran a good operation

The Panthers are a dumpster fire with their new owner, unfortunately.

That’s because they went from bad to worse

While I don’t think there is a single decent or likable person in that article, there is one good point.  It took Goodell and the NFL waaaay too long to properly address the protests during national anthems.  Goodell has a tough job, but he chooses to do it and he gets paid an obscene amount of money for it.  The reality is that he performed poorly - or at least egregiously slowly - in that difficult situation. 

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

44 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

I didn't follow it too much at the time, but wasn't Richardson of the Panthers forced out

No

4 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

While I don’t think there is a single decent or likable person in that article, there is one good point.  It took Goodell and the NFL waaaay too long to properly address the protests during national anthems.  Goodell has a tough job, but he chooses to do it and he gets paid an obscene amount of money for it.  The reality is that he performed poorly - or at least egregiously slowly - in that difficult situation. 

He was doing exactly what he was told to do by his employers (minus Jones and Snyder, perhaps).

Goodell's job is tough because it's hard to be one who 32 others hide behind.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Can I dislike pretty much everyone involved here?

I think that's the only logical response. 

I'm still trying to figure out what Papa is saying here:

“I said, ‘No. This is not my job to fire your Commissioner,'” Schnatter said. “‘He works for you. I just sell pizzas. I have a family of small businesses that, you know, probably 35 percent of our spend’s NFL, it’s down 20 percent.

Papa... your sales were down because you went from making decent pizza to making "pizza" that would give a bad name to cardboard. When you start cutting costs to that extent and your entire business model is brand recognition it's only a matter of time before people stop buying your product. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.