Do you wear a non smart watch?

Another Fan

Who remembers this watch from the James Bond movie "Octopussy?"

I saw this in a watch shop around the time of the movie (early '80s) and I think the price was around $200 (then) as I recall.  They are still knocking around Ebay.  Back then, I thought it was the coolest thing in the world.

LOL

seiko-G757-Sports-100-from-octopussy.jpg

On 5/8/2022 at 7:14 AM, Another Fan said:

Or wrist watch still?

I don't wear either.  But occasionally there's a place I'll go that doesn't want you to take out your cell phone.  

I haven't worn one since high school.  Phones kind of too me for the most part defeated the purpose of seeing what time it is 

Interesting topic I used to wear a Mavado but nowadays I wear a Fitbit watch that I use for a bunch of stuff and every once in a while change the face

Edited by John from Riverside

On 5/9/2022 at 3:59 PM, stevestojan said:

Now here’s a topic I could talk about for hours. My biggest (and definitely most expensive) hobby is watch collecting. I have bought and sold well over 50 watches over the last five years or so. I’ve always loved watches, even as a kid. 

My current collection:

Rolex DeepSea (my daily watch)

Cartier Santos 

Rolex Cellini (my dress watch, which with working from home full time doesn’t get much love.)

Ming 17.09. This is a micro brand and probably my favorite watch. 

And of course a Casio G Shock. 

Nice!

I have a Submariner, Baum and Mercier Tank, 21 Zuan "seagull", Breitling Colt and a Frank Muller Conquistador.

But this is my favorite:  Tag Carrera 1964 re-issue (1996)

image.png.9d02dce5b419cd301fd2cd48f4b47890.png

I wear an Omega 300Hz "tuning fork watch" given to me by Mrs flaz in 79. It has an inscription on the clasp that makes it priceless to me. I had it refurbished 3 years ago to the tune of 750 bucks. I probably shouldn't wear it on a daily basis but I do

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.