Do you wear a non smart watch?

Another Fan

Or wrist watch still?

I don't wear either.  But occasionally there's a place I'll go that doesn't want you to take out your cell phone.  

I haven't worn one since high school.  Phones kind of too me for the most part defeated the purpose of seeing what time it is 

I wear a Fitbit (sort of smart) watch.  Last year we were hiking around the Nevada / Utah border and with the different time zones and Native American territories the time on your watch or phone could change when you crossed the street.  Lots of watches there and I’ll have one with me if I get back.

I have a Rotary rectangular face I bought due to the style.  As I rarely 'put on the Ritz' anymore, it's rarely worn.

I have a couple of cheap analog battery operated ones, worn on a construction gig out west, since a cell phone outside of the lunch trailers would get you fired.  

I do miss all the innovative running watches Casio marketed in the 1980s and 90s, but it seems they skewed the line to G Shock, and seem happy charging exorbitant prices for their models, if you can find them.  Campmor in NJ seems to fill runners' needs now with Timex.

I stopped wearing a wristwatch a long time ago. I just find them uncomfortable. For a while, I wore a watch clipped to my belt, but when I got a smartphone, the clip-on watch became obsolete. If I'm in a place where it's not cool to whip out the phone, then I just don't worry about what time it is.

I do have a pocket watch on a chain that belonged to my grandfather, which he passed to my father. When Dad died, Mom gave it to me. I keep it displayed in our house and I wear it on special occasions.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WhoTom said:

I stopped wearing a wristwatch a long time ago. I just find them uncomfortable. For a while, I wore a watch clipped to my belt, but when I got a smartphone, the clip-on watch became obsolete. If I'm in a place where it's not cool to whip out the phone, then I just don't worry about what time it is.

I do have a pocket watch on a chain that belonged to my grandfather, which he passed to my father. When Dad died, Mom gave it to me. I keep it displayed in our house and I wear it on special occasions.

I was like that.  Wore years ago... Then stopped for about 20 years.  Just got back into wearing one a few years ago.  Just a basic plain one. 

2 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Or wrist watch still?

I don't wear either.  But occasionally there's a place I'll go that doesn't want you to take out your cell phone.  

I haven't worn one since high school.  Phones kind of too me for the most part defeated the purpose of seeing what time it is 

My phone does everything a smart watch would do.

I wear daily a basic Timex Ironman watch.  I'm on my third one like this since sometime in the late 1980's.  

https://www.timex.com/ironman-classic-30-full-size-resin-strap-watch/T5E9019J.html

I do want to get a big fancy looking watch for special occasions but haven't found one I like or could afford.  When I was on a cruise back in Feb, I did get to try on a Rolex, that was only $13,000.  

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Still wear a standard analog watch.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEhSJi7RfOoMcvIWgeYpm

I have a watch very similar to this one.  I have it on now because we went out for Mother's Day Brunch earlier but I don't wear it too often.  Usually just throw it on for nicer occasions once in awhile.  I don't have a smart watch either, I already have a smart phone so I never really understood the appeal for them lol.

6 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

I have a watch very similar to this one.  I have it on now because we went out for Mother's Day Brunch earlier but I don't wear it too often.  Usually just throw it on for nicer occasions once in awhile.  I don't have a smart watch either, I already have a smart phone so I never really understood the appeal for them lol.

Ive always worn Citizen watches. On my third one in 23 years. Good quality for the price. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Still wear a standard analog watch.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEhSJi7RfOoMcvIWgeYpm

Mine is similar: 

PCAT.png?u=41zuoe

As usual with Citizen watches it's an Eco Drive so never needs winding or a battery, and it receives atomic time so never needs setting.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.