Cook and Elam playing hot potato. 😂

3 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Hey gator fans, or anyone else who has watched Elam for a couple years, how are his hands? Is he a ball hawk?

There's really not many cornerback in the first round.. who gets taken without any ball skills

Yes he has ball skills 

You can get a corner in the fourth round and he could cover a bit but he probably can't play the ball in the air 

Elam absolutely has playmaking ability

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 5

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

There's really not many cornerback in the first round.. who gets taken without any ball skills

Yes he has ball skills 

You can get a corner in the fourth round and he could cover a bit but he probably can't play the ball in the air 

Agreed unless he is the next coming of Darrelle Revis in coverage, he is going to have good hands as a first round CB

7 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Hey gator fans, or anyone else who has watched Elam for a couple years, how are his hands? Is he a ball hawk?

7 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yes he has ball skills 

My understanding is that he is NOT a ball hawk.  Looking at his stats, that seems to be the case.  Three seasons, 5 INTs.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Putin said:

Speed is ridiculous 

Picks up yardage before the defense even has a chance to react...

League better be put in notice for when we line Cook up against a LB in the slot, too...bad things, man...😉

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

My understanding is that he is NOT a ball hawk.  Looking at his stats, that seems to be the case.  Three seasons, 5 INTs.

How often did opposing QB’s throw his way?  That plays a large part in stats as well.  Safeties are more ballhawks than CB’s.  If my CB is a ballhawk he’s getting a lot of opportunities because he’s getting targeted.  Trevon Diggs is a ballhawk, but he gets targeted and beat a lot too.  Tre White wouldn’t be called a ballhawk, but QB’s don’t try him like they try other CB’s.  Stats are relative.

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, purple haze said:

How often did opposing QB’s throw his way?  That plays a large part in stats as well.  Safeties are more ballhawks than CB’s.  If my CB is a ballhawk he’s getting a lot of opportunities because he’s getting targeted.  Trevon Diggs is a ballhawk, but he gets targeted and beat a lot too.  Tre White wouldn’t be called a ballhawk, but QB’s don’t try him like they try other CB’s.  Stats are relative.

I certainly wasn't knocking Elam in any way.  I love the pick.  I was simply passing along what I've heard and throwing his INT numbers out there, since someone asked if he was a ball hawk.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

9 minutes ago, purple haze said:

They interviewed Elam's CB coach from Florida (Jules Montinar) on One Bills Drive this week and he specifically said, "And if you go back and watch his tape this past year now, If you look at his stat sheet, ya know, there wasn't a lot of stats in the deep part of the field (specifically), well, mainly the reason... part of the reason is not a lot of team's were throwing at him because he had his guys covered." 

• Like (+1) 3

42 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I certainly wasn't knocking Elam in any way.  I love the pick.  I was simply passing along what I've heard and throwing his INT numbers out there, since someone asked if he was a ball hawk.

I think INT to Target ratio would determine that

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

Having ball skills and being a ball hawk are completely different  

Ball Hawks are typically but not always over aggressive cornerbacks.. diggs is a ball hawk and he allowed 10 touchdowns .. Marcus Peters is a ball hawk and he's always given up huge plays.. there's a downside to ball Hawking.. and that's coming from a college corner 

Gilmore and Sherman were able to be ball Hawks yet not give up a lot of touchdowns... That's rare

Having ball skills mean when the ball is thrown up in your vicinity..  you know how to make a play on the ball.. can you track it?  attack it? High point it? 

Which he absolutely has shown... those are ball skills 

Having ball skills you can develop into a ball hawk... You Could never be a ball hawk without ball skills

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/8/2022 at 11:59 AM, Gugny said:

57CE472E-5B26-4125-B91B-9A8B504BB7A9.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.