Are there any NFL teams with a #1 QB worse than Baker Mayfield?

tomur67

17 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

We have a few counties here... Will in Illinois and Lake in Indiana... Over a illion people here...   😏 

Cook county has more millions.  Also:

Do you believe this info graphic? Blue is majority Cubs fans. Black is White Sox. Red is tie.

81.png

Edited by cba fan
  • Agree 1

On 5/7/2022 at 11:32 AM, tomur67 said:

I would think some team would want him.  He's still young.  You know he's got the talent.  If your team needs a good starting QB can you afford to wait until he's released? Are there hidden problems with Baker that we don't know about?

I'm sure he's going to be on a different team soon and get a chance to start games again this year.

Cleveland is pretty stupid (and desperate) to make the Watson trade before unloading mayfield though.

I think teams would be ok with 80% Mayfield on the field, but getting 0% of him off the field.  Like Marriota and Trubisky.  Neither may not be as good as the best Mayfield has played.  They are probably seen more consistent and better in the building.  

27 minutes ago, cba fan said:

Cook county has more millions.  Also:

Do you believe this info graphic? Blue is majority Cubs fans. Black is White Sox. Red is tie.

81.png

No worky... But I probably agree.  Sox is a niche. SouthSide and NWIndiana.  Cubs are the bougie yuppy team.  They regionalized years ago and into places like Iowa...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1

The issue with Baker trade wise is less talent and far more price tag right now as he is not cheap. if CLE would cut him or eat salary he will go, but they mismanaged the market IMO and wanted too much.

His career to me went as followed:

2018: Pretty good

2019: Not good

2020: Pretty decent

2021: Not good but injuries played a role

He has had no consistency at coach or coordinator. He also is his own worst enemy with his attitude at points which does not rub well even if he is trying to use it as motivation.

At this point I think if a team was truly invested in him where they maximized his talent and mobility he could be in the upper half of QBs and you could win with him like CLE did in 2020. The issue with QBs though is the salary he could want won't justify his play and you would need a team looking to get back to relevance who thinks he can still be a franchise guy. CAR as many have said looks like the obvious choice, SEA could be a fit but no one knows wth their doing up there, I actually though he was a better fit in IND then Matt Ryan at this point but that is done, truthfully outside of CAR the best thing for him could be joining WAS/PHI and working his way to try and force himself as starter. Both those teams are no way sold with either starter and have talent on offense that he could work with.

It is pretty wild that heading off 2020 into 2021 it felt reasonable he would be in CLE for 3-5 more years and now he is gone.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.