Solo Season ticket

So a group of 4 of us had season tickets in the middle of the drought, like 09-16 or something.  1 guy moved away, one guy had a kid and F'd up his priorities and the third guy I honestly would not hang around with without the other two.  Just a complete fool.  We usualy meet up at our dear old Hammers once a year to tailgate away and laugh about old times though.

Last year there was no way I was missing the Pats playoff game and drove out solo because everyone else said it would be too cold (which it really wasn't if you were prepared) There was no way i'd miss it  I found that I actually really enjoyed the experience.  In fact in previous years I've made one or two solo late season/cheap ticket trips out as well.  I get leave Rochetser later and listen to WGR, have wings at a bar, go to the game; able to concentrate fully and drive home with no Monday hangover.  It was suprisingly enjoyable when I began doing this and the social interaction is always still there when surrounded by mafia.  I'm getting older I guess.

This year i am thinking about getting a solo season up in the cheap seats.  I'll probably only use it 4 times or so becuase I will still go to a couple games with groups.  Thus my question.  Har difficult will it be to unload a single ticket on the secondary market?  By no means am I looking to profit or even break even, but can i expect to still sell? or am i gifiting it?  (I know, depends on opponent/time).

Also anybody else ever do a solo season? Seems I'll be able to get one.  Already talking to a ticket guy.

part of me is just screaming to be a season ticket holder again, it's a badge I always wore proudly

Go Bills

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

We had 6 seats starting in '86, 3 guys controlled 2 seats each. I was not in the original group but went to most games. Then one guy dropped out in '89 and I took over his 2 seats. Second guy dropped out in late 90s, and it was then original guy and me that controlled the 6 seats. Around '02 original guy dropped out and I had control of all 6 seats. It was tough filling in those days. 

Dropped down to 4 seats around 2009. Our daughter loves the Bills, she went to a lot of games, but she's at college now. It was a struggle filling seats from about 2010-2017, a lot easier now. Glad I kept the seats, we're around 35 yard line, 9 rows behind Bills bench. 

At some point I may drop down to 2 but hopefully during the Allen era it will not be too tough to find people to go to the games. The time to drop down to 2 may be when the new stadium opens so I'm not paying PSLs on 4 seats. But we'll see.

I went to my first game with my dad in 1970 (lost to Rams 19-0) and we had season tickets in 1973-74 so I've been going a long time. I'm going to keep going as long as possible. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

So a group of 4 of us had season tickets in the middle of the drought, like 09-16 or something.  1 guy moved away, one guy had a kid and F'd up his priorities and the third guy I honestly would not hang around with without the other two.  Just a complete fool.  We usualy meet up at our dear old Hammers once a year to tailgate away and laugh about old times though.

Last year there was no way I was missing the Pats playoff game and drove out solo because everyone else said it would be too cold (which it really wasn't if you were prepared) There was no way i'd miss it  I found that I actually really enjoyed the experience.  In fact in previous years I've made one or two solo late season/cheap ticket trips out as well.  I get leave Rochetser later and listen to WGR, have wings at a bar, go to the game; able to concentrate fully and drive home with no Monday hangover.  It was suprisingly enjoyable when I began doing this and the social interaction is always still there when surrounded by mafia.  I'm getting older I guess.

This year i am thinking about getting a solo season up in the cheap seats.  I'll probably only use it 4 times or so becuase I will still go to a couple games with groups.  Thus my question.  Har difficult will it be to unload a single ticket on the secondary market?  By no means am I looking to profit or even break even, but can i expect to still sell? or am i gifiting it?  (I know, depends on opponent/time).

Also anybody else ever do a solo season? Seems I'll be able to get one.  Already talking to a ticket guy.

part of me is just screaming to be a season ticket holder again, it's a badge I always wore proudly

Go Bills

I only buy on the secondary market, and it’s almost always a single. I fly in for a long weekend and do my WNY thing hitting all my favorite restaurants and bars. (Last year was the exception, taking the family to the opener.) Based on my experience sitting at the airport bar waiting for the flight home, I am far from alone on this. It seems a lot of singles are doing the same thing. 

BTW - since I grew up with nice seats, I was always spoiled when I bought my tix. When I looked at airfare, hotel, car rental, etc I figured spend a little more and get the best seat possible, especially if it’s on an aisle between the 40’s about 25 rows up. I was a seat snob. I sat with a friend who had an extra seat in the upper bowl a few years ago. It was my first game up there, and the “cheap seats” have great views! I had no idea! 

I’m no expert, but your seat would appeal to me. 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I only buy on the secondary market, and it’s almost always a single. I fly in for a long weekend and do my WNY thing hitting all my favorite restaurants and bars. (Last year was the exception, taking the family to the opener.) Based on my experience sitting at the airport bar waiting for the flight home, I am far from alone on this. It seems a lot of singles are doing the same thing. 

BTW - since I grew up with nice seats, I was always spoiled when I bought my tix. When I looked at airfare, hotel, car rental, etc I figured spend a little more and get the best seat possible, especially if it’s on an aisle between the 40’s about 25 rows up. I was a seat snob. I sat with a friend who had an extra seat in the upper bowl a few years ago. It was my first game up there, and the “cheap seats” have great views! I had no idea! 

I’m no expert, but your seat would appeal to me. 

I agree.  The best seats in most stadiums are in the first row of the upper deck between the 40s. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

be prepared to take a loss on the ticket, unless it’s one if the first few games of the season (and nice weather), or an attractive opponent (Packers/Steelers/Patriots).

No prob taking a loss on the ticket, just wondering if its even feasible to expect anything.  Ill prob use it most for the non night games as work comes into play.  Unfortunately I'll miss the bigger games likely.

Edited by Bills fan since 87

I've always wondered how many single seat Season Ticket Holders are out there?  I bet there's more of them than you would think.  I knew of a guy who just had a single season ticket by himself.  I totally respect it, when your a diehard fan it sucks missing out.  I have season tickets with one buddy right now, don't think I would ever want to go back to having a group together unless I knew everybody had their s*** together

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

No prob taking a loss on the ticket, just wondering if its even feasible to expect anything.  Ill prob use it most for the non night games as work comes into play.  Unfortunately I'll miss the bigger games likely.

I have a single season ticket, was only able to get to 2 home games last year (Canadian) and was able to sell my ticket for face value for every game but 1 which I ended up giving away... so it's not hard.  Sold 3 of them to the guy who sat beside me so he could come with a friend, worth talking to people around you.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, GottaRun said:

I have a single season ticket, was only able to get to 2 home games last year (Canadian) and was able to sell my ticket for face value for every game but 1 which I ended up giving away... so it's not hard.  Sold 3 of them to the guy who sat beside me so he could come with a friend, worth talking to people around you.

Good advice, thanks!

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Go Bills

Cool/interesting topic.

My personality even before covid hit definitely slants to being a loner.  If I was a season ticket holder I definitely think I could enjoy a few games going solo.

All 8 though and the playoffs?  I could probably do it but I think even I would want a certain amount of camaraderie present to feel I get the most of it

5 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Cool/interesting topic.

My personality even before covid hit definitely slants to being a loner.  If I was a season ticket holder I definitely think I could enjoy a few games going solo.

All 8 though and the playoffs?  I could probably do it but I think even I would want a certain amount of camaraderie present to feel I get the most of it

My experience is that you are often sitting among other season ticket holders, and they provide the camaraderie you crave. It’s like a little family unit. You know everybody by name, ask what’s up with Mary if Bob shows up alone, ask about the kids, high five each other, etc. I honestly believe that is probably MORE true at a Bills game than for any other team in the league.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, GottaRun said:

When I had season tix, I got to be friends with the couple sitting next to me (I had sesats on the aisle).  I sold the tix to them a couple of times when none of the family wanted to go.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Go Bills

With the way they are playing? Pretty easy.

• Like (+1) 1

Considering how good they are right now I’m not sure you will have a problem selling them. The trick would be to offload then early and make sure they are available ASAP for people. Maybe make friends with the people your sitting next to and see if they have an interest in your ticket for a few games a year. 

I personally think the hard part is going to be finding a single season ticket by itself. They won’t allow you to split up seats in the stadium if you are right next to say 1 other open seat. They will say you have to buy both. So you’ll have to look for single seats (unlikely there) or maybe groups of 3s and ask to just buy 1. 

when my buddy and I took a tour of the stadium a few years ago when we bought club seats. We originally wanted 2 but because by the time we finished the tour someone else had already bought 2 of the 5 seats that were available, they told us we had to buy the 3 if we wanted that particular area. Might have been some dirty pool going on, but it definitely happened. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, mrags said:

Considering how good they are right now I’m not sure you will have a problem selling them. The trick would be to offload then early and make sure they are available ASAP for people. Maybe make friends with the people your sitting next to and see if they have an interest in your ticket for a few games a year. 

That’s good advice.  I was a STH for a decade through the drought.  Two tix. I wasn’t good friends or anything with the people around me but we exchanged phone numbers and emails.  Several times i was able to unload my tickets to those folks as they had family/friends that wanted to attend. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.