In honor of Mother's Day....Greatest TV Mom's of all-time?

BillsPride12

I am a child of the 80s, and I have to say that there aren’t a lot of your “prototypical” moms in any of the classic 80s shows.

For example, Clair Huxtable played second fiddle to Bill on the Cosby Show. Judith Light was the same to Tony Danza on “who’s the boss?” There were a lot of shows that didn’t even have a mom character, like “my two dads,” “different strokes,” and “full house.” It seems like the butler or housekeeper was the more prominent figure in that era (Benson, Mr Belvedere, Tony Micelli, etc). 

19 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

I loved Malcolm in the middle and I think this is the first time I saw the last name of the family 😲

According to imdb.com:

The writers original wanted to keep the family's surname a mystery but it was already revealed on the show. The last name of the family has been revealed only twice in the show, in Pilot (2000), where Francis wears the name tag "Wilkerson" on his school uniform (it can be seen best in the scene where he is talking with his family on the phone). Also, though unaired, it appears in a joke from the original pilot script. In that script, was walking to school when a neighborhood kid came running up shouting, "Malcolm, Malcolm, Malcolm. I was talking to my parents last night - I was listening to them talk, and what's your last name?" "Wilkerson, why?" Malcolm replied. "Oh. Who are the Pariahs?" said the other kid. The joke was eventually cut.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.